SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Denver

jodcon

What do you guys think of Pattyn? I thought he made a stupid decision when he got the penalty after DU was getting a penalty, but then he redeemed himself on his goal. I really like Pattyn and think he could become pretty good in a couple years.

I like Pattyn, some dumb penalties this year, but I see him being a captain candidate by the time he is done.

I'm thinking we see Dell in the net tonight, and a much more collected Mario Lamoureax. Oxbow said it best, the team needs more out of their captain, and he can't take misconduct penalties with such a short bench. With Dickin likely out that means 17 healthy skaters.

I'm starting to think that the team should dress Tate Maris out as a forward to serve any type of major penalty or misconduct penalty. Why not? If both the top guys are healthy then really he isn't going to do anything for the team in a game situation (plays a huge role in practice and a great team guy, not trying to discredit the guy).

I'm pretty sure he can skate from the penalty box to the bench..... :whistling:

I'm thinking we see Dell in the net tonight, and a much more collected Mario Lamoureax. Oxbow said it best, the team needs more out of their captain, and he can't take misconduct penalties with such a short bench. With Dickin likely out that means 17 healthy skaters.

I'm starting to think that the team should dress Tate Maris out as a forward to serve any type of major penalty or misconduct penalty. Why not? If both the top guys are healthy then really he isn't going to do anything for the team in a game situation (plays a huge role in practice and a great team guy, not trying to discredit the guy).

I'm pretty sure he can skate from the penalty box to the bench..... :whistling:

You'd think it would make sense to at least suit him up as an emergency backup at least. Assuming Dickin is out tonight, another injury and a game misconduct and they could be in a situation where they'd need him.

What happens if this team suffers more injuries? Do you just play short-handed? Do you fill a roster spot with a walk-on from campus somewhere? I'm assuming bringing in a recruit early at this point in the season is not an option.

I'm assuming bringing in a recruit early at this point in the season is not an option.

These guys are students first, and athletes second, regardless of their athletic goals. Will UND, and the NCAA, simply allow a student to jump into school almost two months into the semester? That is the first question. It doesn't seem to be a likely scenario.

Watched game on NBC Cable Sports network. One of more impressive games from Sioux in years. Similar to last year in Regions when we beat Denver 6-1. Outhustled, out hit and clearly outplayed Denver until the last 5 minutes. Lamoureaux's and Pattyn's penalties were inexcusable when we should have had a power play earlier in game . Junior hockey crap. We went into a defensive shell after our fourth goal and lost our edge and our focus. We should have stayed agressive. Don't know if that was our plan or it just happened. We got out of position defensively on their second goal and Lamoureaux left his man on the face off on Zucker's goal at the end to leave Eidsness against a great shooter at point blank range. Where did he think he was going?

It will be interesting to see if we can start tonight like we did last night rather than start how we finished, This team plays the rest of the year like they did most of this game and they will be tough for anyone to beat.They play like they did the last 5 minutes and take stupid penalties it will be tough. This time of year we can't have those 5 minute lapses.

You'd think it would make sense to at least suit him up as an emergency backup at least. Assuming Dickin is out tonight, another injury and a game misconduct and they could be in a situation where they'd need him.

What happens if this team suffers more injuries? Do you just play short-handed? Do you fill a roster spot with a walk-on from campus somewhere? I'm assuming bringing in a recruit early at this point in the season is not an option.

Dickin is indeed out tonight, hopefully not season ending, but I'm guessing out for a while.

If I'm Hakstol (and of course its a legal thing to do) I bring in a goaltender from campus somewhere to serve as the break man during practice, and have Maris put on some forward skates for a day or two. This is of course in the scenario that Dell is almost back to 100%. If Dell isn't near 100% then its a wash and Tate is the backup and I'm full of crap for even thinking of this.

Last night the team was down to 15 skaters while Lamoureax was serving his penalty....yikes...

The Dickin injury means probably means Gleason may likely be a forward for the rest of the season. It also means that the Sioux can't have d men getting ejected from games anymore. They have to play with an edge, but play intelligently as well. If you told me that the Sioux would lose big Andy in the first period, lose another forward in the second period, give up three goals in the third period, and win the hockey game....I'd ask you how many drinks with underage gopher players you had at Blarney's.....

I asked brad as he said yes they could add a student as a player. But as I thought as well they likely wouldn't do that. No need.

This team has not blinked an eye with players dropping like flies and major penalties seems every game.ha...Sioux sweep tonight! 5-3

Dickin is indeed out tonight, hopefully not season ending, but I'm guessing out for a while.

If I'm Hakstol (and of course its a legal thing to do) I bring in a goaltender from campus somewhere to serve as the break man during practice, and have Maris put on some forward skates for a day or two. This is of course in the scenario that Dell is almost back to 100%. If Dell isn't near 100% then its a wash and Tate is the backup and I'm full of crap for even thinking of this.

Last night the team was down to 15 skaters while Lamoureax was serving his penalty....yikes...

To think that Tate Maris can step in and play forward at the D-I level is simply laughable. He's a goaltender... period. Although it's a bummer that Dickin is out and we are out another skater, it doesn't change a lot about this team. Gleason will still bounce around the third and fourth lines and jump back to D. Dickin is in no way, shape, or form a gamechanger for this team. Go back and watch games in the past and watch his ice time when the game gets close. He and Senkbeil are never on the ice when it comes down to the big parts of the game. We'll be fine rolling 3 and a half lines.

I think the same thing will happen as happened against minny and duluth. we blew our wad last night and will lay an egg tonight. i'm tickled we won last night and anything positive tonight is a bonus.

I'll take the team that played Saturday in Duluth minus the idiotic flurry of penalties. They dominated 5-on-5 that night.

To think that Tate Maris can step in and play forward at the D-I level is simply laughable. He's a goaltender... period. Although it's a bummer that Dickin is out and we are out another skater, it doesn't change a lot about this team. Gleason will still bounce around the third and fourth lines and jump back to D. Dickin is in no way, shape, or form a gamechanger for this team. Go back and watch games in the past and watch his ice time when the game gets close. He and Senkbeil are never on the ice when it comes down to the big parts of the game. We'll be fine rolling 3 and a half lines.

But to get 7 or 8 shifts a game from the fourth line certainly helps with giving the rest of the guys a bigger breather, especially in an intense game in high altitude which takes even a bigger toll on energy reserves.

But to get 7 or 8 shifts a game from the fourth line certainly helps with giving the rest of the guys a bigger breather, especially in an intense game in high altitude which takes even a bigger toll on energy reserves.

Sack up... it's playoff time.... this team is already one of the best conditioned in the country because of their injuries. If Taylor Dickin is the reason this team can't win games, we were already in trouble. Our top two lines (and mix in the third) are very good lines. Our defense is on par with anyone in the country. Granted, like I said before, this doesn't help having Dickin out, but it should not make or break this team.

Sack up... it's playoff time.... this team is already one of the best conditioned in the country because of their injuries. If Taylor Dickin is the reason this team can't win games, we were already in trouble. Our top two lines (and mix in the third) are very good lines. Our defense is on par with anyone in the country. Granted, like I said before, this doesn't help having Dickin out, but it should not make or break this team.

The problem with this is, if Dickin is out who doesn't get the rest when he is in?

With Dickin out it will hurt the Sioux!

I hope he is back next weekend!!!!!!

The problem with this is, if Dickin is out who doesn't get the rest when he is in?

With Dickin out it will hurt the Sioux!

I hope he is back next weekend!!!!!!

It hurts yes pure depth wise but if they recorded a official time on ice log in college that line sees very very little ice time as is. Never good losing anyone but this team seems to keep plugging holes! Go Sioux