SiouxSports.com Forum

Countdown begins! UND vs. NDSU

UNDsportsFANATIC

I believe UND has better talent on paper!

Is that serious or an attempt at humor? I found it pretty funny!!!

I don't see much out of line with that comment. North Dakota has already beaten the 2nd place teams in the Summit and Big Sky, might as well add a lower tier Summit school to the victim list..........................

;)

I don't see much out of line with that comment. North Dakota has already beaten the 2nd place teams in the Summit and Big Sky, might as well add a lower tier Summit school to the victim list..........................

;)

UND has also lost to the last place teams in both the Summit and Big Sky ;)

;)

UND has also lost to the last place teams in both the Summit and Big Sky ;)

Which boils down to "which UND team shows up"?

Which boils down to "which UND team shows up"?

It boils down to which NDSU team show up. If both teams bring their best, it is still a double digit NDSU win. If NDSU doesn't show up, UND has a shot. It means a lot more to UND than NDSU. If you were to tell Brian Jones UND could win one more game this season he would pick this one. If you told Saul Philips NDSU could win one more game this WEEK, he would say SDSU on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

This games means a lot more to NDSU because everybody expects NDSU to win. NDSU simply does not want to lose to UND after all the demeaning remarks that have been made about the quality of UND's men's basketball team the last few years out of Fargo. It would be pretty embarassing for them to lose to UND . NDSU has circled this game since the start of this year.

It boils down to which NDSU team show up. If both teams bring their best, it is still a double digit NDSU win. If NDSU doesn't show up, UND has a shot. It means a lot more to UND than NDSU. If you were to tell Brian Jones UND could win one more game this season he would pick this one. If you told Saul Philips NDSU could win one more game this WEEK, he would say SDSU on Saturday.

Can't let the streak die! 5 straight years dishing out pain to SDSU. Love it. But the UND game is a big deal to me too.

Thank god that the game is finally tomorrow, can't wait! Im hoping for a triple overtime thiller with a buzzer beater... :lol::silly:

Seriously thought, I hope for a great showing from both teams and a nail biter... and to lose my voice in the process

My hope is that these two are able to work out another game for next year or another home and home series. (Wishful thinking?)

This games means a lot more to NDSU because everybody expects NDSU to win. NDSU simply does not want to lose to UND after all the demeaning remarks that have been made about the quality of UND's men's basketball team the last few years out of Fargo. It would be pretty embarassing for them to lose to UND . NDSU has circled this game since the start of this year.

I agree it would be embarassing for NDSU to lose to UND. But NDSU has NOT had this game circled since the start of this year. It means more to the fans than the team. If you would give Philips the option of trading a win over UND with a win a week ago at Oral Roberts he would jump at the chance to make that trade. I do believe that UND may have had this game circled on their calendar since last years game.

I agree it would be embarassing for NDSU to lose to UND. But NDSU has NOT had this game circled since the start of this year. It means more to the fans than the team. If you would give Philips the option of trading a win over UND with a win a week ago at Oral Roberts he would jump at the chance to make that trade. I do believe that UND may have had this game circled on their calendar since last years game.

This is a ridiculous statement. Why would UND have this circled and not NDSU? Why should UND not have been looking forward more to Kansas this year? A game against top competition, in front of a packed house, with a national audience. That sounds more exciting to a college age basketball player than does UND-NDSU. So your statement is ridiculous, the fans will ALWAYS put more emphasis on this game then the players until the rivalry is fully renewed and is played year in and year out to foster that sense of rivalry among the players. Sure players for either team might get caught up in some of the hysterics of the fans, but for the most part I believe this is just another game for them (albeit with added emphasis of the fans behind them).

This is a ridiculous statement. Why would UND have this circled and not NDSU? Why should UND not have been looking forward more to Kansas this year? A game against top competition, in front of a packed house, with a national audience. That sounds more exciting to a college age basketball player than does UND-NDSU. So your statement is ridiculous, the fans will ALWAYS put more emphasis on this game then the players until the rivalry is fully renewed and is played year in and year out to foster that sense of rivalry among the players. Sure players for either team might get caught up in some of the hysterics of the fans, but for the most part I believe this is just another game for them (albeit with added emphasis of the fans behind them).

Playing in front of 7k fans at home will be a big deal, especially for a team that is in the shadow of another program on campus during the winter sports season.

Out of 32 game schedule you named 1 game he would trade it with, and only because they are much better than NDSU and in first place.

Can't both fan bases just agree that this is a big game for both schools? This game was circled on both teams calenders. It's a game with your rival for many years. Yes I know we are not in the same conference, but it's a game between teams that play 75 miles away from each other that are playing for the 284th time. Instead of arguing over who it is bigger for, lets just agree that it is a big game for everyone involved: fans, players, coaches....everyone!!

Until UND can qualify for the NCAA tourney all games mean more to NDSU. To say otherwise is to suggest that winning a non-auto bid conference is a greater goal than winning an auto bid conference. Is that what you believe?

Guess what my opinion of ndsu and the Summit league will be if UND wins tonight and ndsu goes on to win the Summit league championship? We already beat SDSU at home so I guess we crossed that one off our list. With this game being on statewide TV, the perception of each program will be affected by the outcome of this game. Compare tonights game to the volleyball season. Even though you made the national tournament, there wasn't much doubt about which school had the better team.

Guess what my opinion of ndsu and the Summit league will be if UND wins tonight and ndsu goes on to win the Summit league championship? We already beat SDSU at home so I guess we crossed that one off our list. With this game being on statewide TV, the perception of each program will be affected by the outcome of this game. Compare tonights game to the volleyball season. Even though you made the national tournament, there wasn't much doubt about which school had the better team.

Yeah losing to SDSU by 38 was a high water mark. If you played on a neutral court SDSU would beat you 9 out of 10. Count on it.

NDSU fans dont care about this game, it means nothing, there will be 500 or less of them.

und is desperate for anything resembling life in their athletic dept outside goon canadian hockey.

its a no win situation for ndsu, and frankly they are national football champs and their basketball team has been to the ncaa big dance and beating a couple ranked teams. Yawn, sorry und.

Yeah losing to SDSU by 38 was a high water mark. If you played on a neutral court SDSU would beat you 9 out of 10. Count on it.

We played a home and home and split. Your basing your thoughts on a "what if". I'm basing mine on results that happened when the teams actually played.

Can't both fan bases just agree that this is a big game for both schools? This game was circled on both teams calenders. It's a game with your rival for many years. Yes I know we are not in the same conference, but it's a game between teams that play 75 miles away from each other that are playing for the 284th time. Instead of arguing over who it is bigger for, lets just agree that it is a big game for everyone involved: fans, players, coaches....everyone!!

Well our coach already said it was a big game, he was really jacked up about playing UND in the USD postgame radio interview.

Your opinion of NDSU and the Summit can't really go down if UND wins, considering UND has lost by 38 to a SDSU (along with a 20 point W), and got swept by Western Illinois. NDSU, beat UND last year by 28 points, while being a very average Summit League team. The better team does not always win, and a conference cannot be judged on a single game. Am I going to judge UND for losing to some bad Big Sky teams? No. Am I going to judge NDSU if by some chance they lose tonight? No. Especially in a rivalry, I won't judge either team for losing unless they get embarassed.

Ok, so you are saying that UND had a better team than NDSU in volleyball without any doubt? I'd say the two teams are moreso even, and a lot of it comes down to which team is playing at home. That is besides the point anyway, considering volleyball is a sport that very few people care about.

SDSU is a pretty good team. Methinks they probably took UND a tad too lightly the second time around, played a little bad, and I'm guessing UND obviously played better.

NDSU fans dont care about this game, it means nothing, there will be 500 or less of them.

und is desperate for anything resembling life in their athletic dept outside goon canadian hockey.

its a no win situation for ndsu, and frankly they are national football champs and their basketball team has been to the ncaa big dance and beating a couple ranked teams. Yawn, sorry und.

Pretty sure NDSU fans care plenty about this game. Rivalry. Local competition. You are making yourself sound stupid.

NDSU is in a no-win situation here but that makes it very important to win rather than lose.