SiouxSports.com Forum

Countdown begins! UND vs. NDSU

UNDsportsFANATIC

So I see Wyo, the snake, just went over to Bisonville and posted that UND is a !@#!$ team and this is not a rivalry.

You are such a loser. At least post the same on both boards.

I think Wyo has been pretty consistent in claiming both teams looked pretty bad. Being a pretty results-oriented guy myself, I'm pretty happy with UND's performance, though obviously saw plenty of ways each team could have played better... but UND played better than NDSU, which was the primary goal for tonight.

• Upvote 1

I am glad you guys got a woody over this, but you can't seriously think UND is a solid team. It was a game of who out uglied who. Obviously basketball is not the strong point of either school.

I agree with this. It was ugly both teams did poorly shooting it was just UND getting ahead at the right time of the game. The game could have gone either way NDSU up by 5 UND up by 2 just back and forth. Both teams were not solid at all.

I think Wyo has been pretty consistent in claiming both teams looked pretty bad. Being a pretty results-oriented guy myself, I'm pretty happy with UND's performance, though obviously saw plenty of ways each team could have played better... but UND played better than NDSU, which was the primary goal for tonight.

Hey Jim.......we have football....... ;) LOL! Seriously, both these teams need to get better on the road also. That seems to be a big hurdle for some reason for the Bison. Also, remember the Bison go beat by Moorhead State......maybe Saul has some pretty serious issues that he isn't getting figured out. I would suspect SDSU whips up on the Herd pretty well.

So whoever said this team is regressing is that still true?

I personally never said that, but I'd like to see a road win by this team some time this season, hopefully this win was what they needed to get their heads on straight and make a late season push. But anyways, great win by UND!! Both teams looked ugly (lots of missed layups by both teams and free throws by UND), but UND came out ahead. I think Huff and Webb combined for 2 pts and we still got the win, not something I'd expect as those 2 are typically a huge part of the offense. BREKKE STEPPED UP HUGE TO START THE GAME!!

So whoever said this team is regressing is that still true?

I certainly didn't see them play up to their full potential tonight. Not anywhere close to their full potential. But they got the job done so they deserve the credit.

Now the team needs to build off of the wins over Montana, SDSU & NDSU and finish out the season strong.

• Upvote 2

I personally never said that, but I'd like to see a road win by this team some time this season, hopefully this win was what they needed to get their heads on straight and make a late season push. But anyways, great win by UND!! Both teams looked ugly (lots of missed layups by both teams and free throws by UND), but UND came out ahead. I think Huff and Webb combined for 2 pts and we still got the win, not something I'd expect as those 2 are typically a huge part of the offense. BREKKE STEPPED UP HUGE TO START THE GAME!!

You gotta love that bank shot free throw. That was awesome!!! Go Brekke!!

What a great game for the Sioux. Loved it when the students came onto the floor and surrounded the players. Brekke, Anderson and Schuler were huge tonight. Webb, Huff and Mitchell were off tonight with their shots but contributed big in other ways. Webb led us in rebounds and assists and Mitchell got the crowd going with his HUGE dunk. Huff played his best defensive game I've ever seen him play. It was a total TEAM win. We also had out top 6 players play at least 26 minutes each and I thought this was huge keeping our key guys in most all the time. I wont be able to sleep for hours I'm so pumped. Go Sioux

Wow this game has lit the fire squad at BVille they are asking for Saul's head for losses to UND and MSUM. Damn.

no just a couple of trolls . und is good at home. of course we hate to lose but there is no shame losing a close game on the road. obviously both teams suck on the road. our season is still ok. you guys are actually pretty good. it was a big game for both but bigger for you guys the coach called it the biggest win in a decade

no just a couple of trolls . und is good at home. of course we hate to lose but there is no shame losing a close game on the road. obviously both teams suck on the road. our season is still ok. you guys are actually pretty good. it was a big game for both but bigger for you guys the coach called it the biggest win in a decade

I wouldn't think they would fire a coach because of an OOC game even if it was against a rival team. NDSU still has a shot at the dance and this loss can only make them stronger.

Wow this game has lit the fire squad at BVille they are asking for Saul's head for losses to UND and MSUM. Damn.

I don't think anyone is asking for his head......but with losses to Moorhead and you guys, it does make one wonder what Saul does to get these guys ready to play and what he does to adjust at the half. Also......why is there not more consistent play on the road.

If we are "actually pretty good" how would you describe the teams that we beat?

wins over Montana, SDSU & NDSU

I must say it is nice to be able to type this!

Coach Jones made a comment after the game that this was probably our biggest win during the DI transition. I would agree from the standpoint that it was at home, in front of a big crowd in a fun environment. Hopefully this encourages some of the students & fans there tonight to show up to more games in the future.

Crowd was good tonight. Bjorklund is a beast when he gets the ball down low, but so was Brekke. Neither could stop the other. Huff played very well within himself on offense despite getting defended very well. Didn't force any shots and made passes where he needed to. Part of the poor shooting on both teams was due to the defense, I think the other part goes to the depth perception issues playing in the Ralph. I was also surprised with the rotation of players Jones used tonight. Don't think some of those guys have played that much tonight but they came off the bench and played well. As other's have stated, neither team played up to their potential, but I won't complain with the outcome at all. Now let's hope the team can finish strong, win the Great West again and play in whatever tournament we are eligible for.

Dom Izzo kept saying stuff like "What's it like to finally get a win against the Bison", and it's the first win over the Bison since 2004. They only played once since 2004, so it was very deceptive and kind of odd he would even bring that up when he knows last year was the first time they've met since then.

• Upvote 1

Your players didn't play like this game was bigger for us. They played with emotion and had a reaction after every big shot they hit. Saul didn't act like this game was bigger for UND. Its a lame excuse. NDSU has some good big guys inside and #3 or #4 can shoot it, can't remember his name but kid can shoot. It was a great win for UND and I was proud to be there to watch. Nice work fellas!!!! First volleyball, now mens hoops.

• Upvote 1

Dom Izzo kept saying stuff like "What's it like to finally get a win against the Bison", and it's the first win over the Bison since 2004. They only played once since 2004, so it was very deceptive and kind of odd he would even bring that up when he knows last year was the first time they've met since then.

I noticed that too.... they'll say anything to make UND appear inferior I guess.

• Upvote 1