SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I heard they would have to demolish the old REA...has there been any construction over there? That building has been empty for quite a while hasn't it?

i was under the impression that the eerc will have the physical ground the ralph occupies, and the IPF was being built on the parking lot between the rea and the stadium walls

i was under the impression that the eerc will have the physical ground the ralph occupies, and the IPF was being built on the parking lot between the rea and the stadium walls

The EERC wanted the space where the old Ralph sits, but from what I was told it sounds like it will go to the IPF. But I haven't seen the actual maps of the property to know that for sure.

The Billings’ Gazette is ranking the top ten players in each position group of the Big Sky Conference. So far, special teams and defensive backs have been covered. UND has one mention - Zeb Miller is ranked as the eighth overall best special teams’ player and the second best place kicker in the conference. It’s interesting enough that Zach Brown, the best place kicker in the conference according to the ranking, is a senior this year so Miller could be the unanimous number one kicker in the ‘Sky next season. It’s always a good thing when you have a good kicker, and we found that out a couple of times last season! Oh, and we'll probably have to rely on Zeb's leg to win a game at least once this season too.

Special Teams: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/big-sky-position-rankings-special-teams/article_a569862c-b9c4-11e1-9374-001a4bcf887a.html

Defensive Backs: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/big-sky-position-rankings-defensive-backs/article_e963c982-bf19-11e1-804e-001a4bcf887a.html

• Upvote 2

UND bolsters 2012 roster with defensive trio

The North Dakota football roster will have three more defenders for the 2012 season as head coach Chris Mussman announced the addition of a trio of players to his program on Thursday.

The three new additions include linebacker J.D. Allen (Amarillo, Texas), who signed his NLI earlier this spring, and junior college safeties Will Lewis (Pittsburg, Calif.) and Clordion Kennedy (Antioch, Calif.), who signed their respective NLI’s this past week.

how will our saftey position be affected? Are these three going to step up the defense a level at all?

Best case scenario, they both start and make an impact which would fill a huge void in our defense. If that's the case, our defense could be very good.

Worst case scenario, they both back up the current guys and provide some preseason competition but would still leave the safety position and our pass defense suspect.