SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I remember that game. Both teams sucked. Embarassment of a Nickel Game.

As was tradition, UND was the better team that year and for a majority of years the two teams played, including the last 10 years and the final game between the two teams.

So are you going to count Nickel Games from 40+ years ago? or should it be 0-0?

Quit stretching, nobody has brought that up until you did just now. For the record I am ok with that series re-setting to 0-0; chances are that trophy will be retired. Just keep in mind who has it now :p

So are you going to count Nickel Games from 40+ years ago? or should it be 0-0?

Have we played as D1 opponents yet? No. So yes, for now. Once we play we can start a new count or if you're interested in catching up you can add to the total to see if NDSU can get near 50% wins against UND.

62-45-3

9>1. I guess some schools base their success on games against one school while some just base their success on if they win the whole prize that year? :whistling:

If I recall, doesn't Minnesota have a commanding lead in hockey victories between the two schools yet I see a lot of UND fans say "7>5"

Quit stretching, nobody has brought that up until you did just now. For the record I am ok with that series re-setting to 0-0; chances are that trophy will be retired. Just keep in mind who has it now :p

It is always brought up when the two schools football teams are brought up. Trophy won't get used anymore probably, real sad deal.

The original statement was this:

As was tradition, UND was the better team that year and for a majority of years the two teams played, including the last 10 years and the final game between the two teams.

Your response was this, which really doesn't have anything to do with the original statement:

9>1.

Therefore, pointing out that UND has the better record in head to head competition, which proves the original post, is a correct statement. Talking about National Championships is a totally different discussion. Nice of you to try and change the subject when your team looks bad. Very trollish behavior.

The original statement was this:Your response was this, which really doesn't have anything to do with the original statement:

Therefore, pointing out that UND has the better record in head to head competition, which proves the original post, is a correct statement. Talking about National Championships is a totally different discussion. Nice of you to try and change the subject when your team looks bad. Very trollish behavior.

Didn't try to change the subject. Just said "9>1" as his statement was geared to throw a bit of a good natured insult NDSU's way, I threw one back. If a Minnesota Gopher fan game on here, I imagine if he pointed out they win more vs. UND, there would be plenty of people on here more than happy to point out UND's better success in the post-season.

Didn't try to change the subject. Just said "9>1" as his statement was geared to throw a bit of a good natured insult NDSU's way, I threw one back. If a Minnesota Gopher fan game on here, I imagine if he pointed out they win more vs. UND, there would be plenty of people on here more than happy to point out UND's better success in the post-season.

He made a factual statement. You tried to deflect from it. Just like you are trying to deflect by bringing up the Gophers. Then you tried to change the discussion so that you could highlight what you wanted to highlight and take attention away from UND's success against your herd.

He made a factual statement. You tried to deflect from it. Just like you are trying to deflect by bringing up the Gophers. Then you tried to change the discussion so that you could highlight what you wanted to highlight and take attention away from UND's success against your herd.

Like I've always said NDSU is your gold standard.

9>1. I guess some schools base their success on games against one school while some just base their success on if they win the whole prize that year? :whistling:

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. The comment was "UND was the better team that year and for a majority of years the two teams played". Having a better head to head record (by a good margin) backs that up. National championships have nothing to do with the comment made and are a completely different argument.

As to your comment what success is based on:

You can go 11-1 and if the one is to those son of guns north of us, your season was not a success

Seems that would mean a certain school was basing their season on one game...

I also made a factual statement. It pointed out UND's lack of relative success in the playoffs however ;)

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. The comment was "UND was the better team that year and for a majority of years the two teams played". Having a better head to head record (by a good margin) backs that up. National championships have nothing to do with the comment made and are a completely different argument.

As to your comment what success is based on:

Seems that would mean a certain school was basing their season on one game...

Rocky is entitled to his opinion. I simply pointed out which school has won more National Championships.

Like I've always said NDSU is your gold standard.

Another troll trying to change the discussion. The original discussion started with people talking about a specific game between UND and NDSU. CMSioux stated that UND was the better team that game, and in the majority of the games played between the 2 teams. Johnnyboy tried to deflect the conversation by bringing up National Championships, something totally different from what was being discussed. I pointed out the head to head record between the 2 schools, which proves CMSioux's point. Now you try to deflect with your absurd statement. The discussion was about competition between the 2 schools, so proving that UND has had more success in that competition has nothing to do with your delusion.

I also made a factual statement. It pointed out UND's lack of relative success in the playoffs however ;)

Rocky is entitled to his opinion. I simply pointed out which school has won more National Championships.

And your statement was just trying to deflect the conversation away from the fact that UND has won more games when the teams have played head to head.

And your statement was just trying to deflect the conversation away from the fact that UND has won more games when the teams have played head to head.

It pointed to the ultimate goal that any team sets out on a season with. And that while UND has been more successful in the games against SU, NDSU has done an exceptionally good job winning championships while UND...hasn't.

It pointed to the ultimate goal that any team sets out on a season with. And that while UND has been more successful in the games against SU, NDSU has done an exceptionally good job winning championships while UND...hasn't.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with who has the better team in most seasons. Those are 2 completely different discussions. You are trying to change the discussion because you lose on the present discussion.