SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

That was interesting - "something exciting in the next few weeks".

I am surprised that Matt was interviewing Tim about football. Has Tim been involved in the broadcasting of UND football in recent years? Is he going to be next year?

What is the UND press conference about next Wednesday? Could this be the "something exciting"?

http://www.aleruscenter.com/?page=ViewEventDetails&EventID=1276

Does UND have any recruits or potential recruits playing in today's Badlands Bowl? I don't know if it's televised, but the radio broadcast might be available at http://www.kdix.net/ . Game starts at 7pm CST.

Video might be available at http://www.beksports.com/

Since it's 30min to kickoff and no one has posted anything, I used your wiki page to create a list:

Commits playing for ND

TE Tucker Nordby

DL Conrad Schwartkopf

LB Jake Watson

DB Devin Coyle

Commit playing for MT

DB Kodee Varner

Prospective playing for ND

DB Preston Tescher

Since it's 30min to kickoff and no one has posted anything, I used your wiki page to create a list:

Commits playing for ND

TE Tucker Nordby

DL Conrad Schwartkopf

LB Jake Watson

DB Devin Coyle

Commit playing for MT

DB Kodee Varner

DB Preston Tescher

Varner is actually a UND commit. Should be a great game!

Commits playing for ND

TE Tucker Nordby

DL Conrad Schwartkopf

LB Jake Watson

DB Devin Coyle

Commit playing for MT

DB Kodee Varner

DB Preston Tescher

I thought I had heard that Preston Tescher would be going to U Mary.

Speaking of Varner does anyone know how he did in track this year? I'm hoping he got near the mid 10s in the 100m

11.22, didn't really cut any time off this year but he might be bulking up a little for football so I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen him, he's quick with good instincts, averaged 8 YPC this year, they said at signing he would redshirt which might be good to put a little more meat on his 160 lb. frame.

Hey what are the viewing options for UND this year:

I know of ROOT for Big Sky games (UND has 1 game vs Montana St.), anyone know about the other games (football/b-ball and hockey) are they still FoxSports/Midco for other home games.

Hey what are the viewing options for UND this year:

I know of ROOT for Big Sky games (UND has 1 game vs Montana St.), anyone know about the other games (football/b-ball and hockey) are they still FoxSports/Midco for other home games.

The contract was up for bids. As far as I know, nothing has been announced yet. But Midco Sports Network is advertising for staff needed to handle college and high school sports out of Grand Forks. So my guess is that they will be handling the broadcasts this year.

11.22, didn't really cut any time off this year but he might be bulking up a little for football so I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen him, he's quick with good instincts, averaged 8 YPC this year, they said at signing he would redshirt which might be good to put a little more meat on his 160 lb. frame.

I thought he hit 10.8 last year. If that is accurate that's not good because we need another burner. And yes i do realize that track speed doesn't count for much but it certainly helps in the open field.

I thought he hit 10.8 last year. If that is accurate that's not good because we need another burner. And yes i do realize that track speed doesn't count for much but it certainly helps in the open field.

I looked at the state track site and he ran some 10.9s earlier in the year and then missed a few weeks, might have gotten hurt and not been totally 100% for Divisional/State.

He was chosen as a DB for the game last night, couldn't get the game so I don't know how he looked.

What's expected is the IPF. What will be talked about though will probably be something minor that will continue to keep us waiting for the IPF.

Actually I heard the announcement was that the Fighting Sioux logo was coming out of retirement for the third time. :silly:

What's expected is the IPF. What will be talked about though will probably be something minor that will continue to keep us waiting for the IPF.

The announcement of a major donation is possible, but the odds of a construction announcement is near zero. If the money was there, the university wouldn't be requesting a re-authorization of the project from the legislature since the current authorization is good for another 12 months. I doubt that a Sanford donation is coming because I'm nearly certain they would require UND to switch sports medicine providers to them and Altru would have made a fuss that would've gone public by now. I doubt Altru is ready to give a large chunk of money considering the expansion plans they've been forced to accelerate.

I suppose a logo announcement is the most likely reason for Wednesday's press conference, but it's also true that Midco Sports is hiring personnel in GF and that implies additional coverage of UND athletics. There will eventually have to be some kind of announcement over exactly what that entails, and this would be a good time for it. That's what prompted my comment.

The announcement of a major donation is possible, but the odds of a construction announcement is near zero. If the money was there, the university wouldn't be requesting a re-authorization of the project from the legislature since the current authorization is good for another 12 months. I doubt that a Sanford donation is coming because I'm nearly certain they would require UND to switch sports medicine providers to them and Altru would have made a fuss that would've gone public by now. I doubt Altru is ready to give a large chunk of money considering the expansion plans they've been forced to accelerate.

I suppose a logo announcement is the most likely reason for Wednesday's press conference, but it's also true that Midco Sports is hiring personnel in GF and that implies additional coverage of UND athletics. There will eventually have to be some kind of announcement over exactly what that entails, and this would be a good time for it. That's what prompted my comment.

I believe UND is over 3/4 the way tot he $19,000,000. I don't believe there is Sanford money. I believe it includes a substantial donation from Altru. I have no idea if the announcement is related to the facility.

I guess we will see.

I heard they would have to demolish the old REA...has there been any construction over there? That building has been empty for quite a while hasn't it?

There has been a small department using the front part of the building, and the rest was used for storage. I believe that the storage is now empty. The department is being moved to a different building. They were originally going to be out in March, but renovation on their new space has taken longer than planned. I believe they will be moved some time this summer, maybe July.

There has been a small department using the front part of the building, and the rest was used for storage. I believe that the storage is now empty. The department is being moved to a different building. They were originally going to be out in March, but renovation on their new space has taken longer than planned. I believe they will be moved some time this summer, maybe July.

Thanks for the info...I haven't driven past the old REA in years.