SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I've seen excitement for Cummings so I looked him up and Seantrel Henderson was asked who his toughest opponent was and he said "Spencer Cummings from White Bear Lake. He's a real nice D end." That makes me really excited.

He is a massive young man. He has bowling balls for shoulders. If he has been working hard on his speed he will be a handful at over 270

I don't know if "excited" is how I would describe how I feel about the defensive backfield. Definately curious. Hopeful maybe?

That is more what I meant. Everytime I start to get real excited about next year I think about the DB's and that tempers my expectations. The potential is there. They are very good against the run but I need to see improvement from last year against the pass. I'm just ready to see what we have.

That is more what I meant. Everytime I start to get real excited about next year I think about the DB's and that tempers my expectations. The potential is there. They are very good against the run but I need to see improvement from last year against the pass. I'm just ready to see what we have.

I couldn't agree more. It did make me feel more optimistic with the signings of the two safeties Kennedy and Lewis as they look like pretty solid players. Time will tell; I just wish we didn't have to wait so long!!

Which player is everybody looking forward to seeing the most this season? For me it's Jer Garman. I really wish he would have been used more last season or redshirted although I do understand why it was pulled.

Everyone wearing a North Dakota jersey. I could not possibly be more excited for this season.

• Upvote 2

On Friday, I got a letter from UND that looked like my season tickets. I was kind of execited as I open it and then it was just my champions club information - dang it - I guess I need to go do some more boating..

Waukesha West's Joe Schobert ran four times for a team-high 53 yards, intercepted a pass and returned five punts for 92 yards. His most spectacular run came in the second quarter, when he leaped into the air to successfully hurdle an oncoming defender.

"It was fun to play so many roles," Schobert said, "because I got to practice with the best players in the state at every position."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/wisconsin-football-coaches-association-allstar-game-is-a-big-win-for-the-south-qc63eqn-162490976.html

I think the key player is Hanson. He has the keys to UND's season. I think they have all the talent in the world on offense....Hardin, Garman, Miller, Jackson. To me, if he can spread the ball around and provide enough of a threat in the passing game to where teams won't put 8 or 9 in the box, UND could be potent offensively.

Can anyone remember a more anticipated football season in recent memory?

A few years are close to this one.

1994...coming off of our first deep playoff run into the NCAA Semifinals, did it again. :)

1995...lots of returning talent, struggled more than they should have

1996...a total bust and waste of talented seniors :sad:

2001...first year in the Alerus Center. Some big home wins early on and it just got better and better :)

2004...Weston Dressler and a rock-solid defense, made an awesome run in the playoffs

2005...One of our most talented teams ever done in by the meltdown at home vs. Omaha and Pat Behrns :angry:

Another chapter will be written in six short weeks!!!

A few years are close to this one.

1994...coming off of our first deep playoff run into the NCAA Semifinals, did it again. :)

1995...lots of returning talent, struggled more than they should have

1996...a total bust and waste of talented seniors :sad:

2001...first year in the Alerus Center. Some big home wins early on and it just got better and better :)

2004...Weston Dressler and a rock-solid defense, made an awesome run in the playoffs

2005...One of our most talented teams ever done in by the meltdown at home vs. Omaha and Pat Behrns :angry:

Another chapter will be written in six short weeks!!!

2002....after winning their first National Title...this season becomes a bust.

Good addition to my list. After the Potato Bowl beatdown at the hands of Central Washington, it was obvious that it was going to be a long season.

I remember thinking during the CW meltdown that if Klosterman had to run for his life this much during the season he was going to get hurt.....I think it was pretty close to the next game that he was hurt at South Dakota State.....

*Edit....it was three games later he was hurt in Brookings.

I remember thinking during the CW meltdown that if Klosterman had to run for his life this much during the season he was going to get hurt.....I think it was pretty close to the next game that he was hurt at South Dakota State.....

*Edit....it was three games later he was hurt in Brookings.

I was in Brookings for that game. He was hurt when he ran in the game-winning touchdown in the 4th quarter. I remember driving home afterwards in the autumn rain thinking that all hope of salvaging that season was gone. And I was right. :sad:

I was in Brookings for that game. He was hurt when he ran in the game-winning touchdown in the 4th quarter. I remember driving home afterwards in the autumn rain thinking that all hope of salvaging that season was gone. And I was right. :sad:

Had the team had Klosterman healthy there is no way they lose to SCSU/Omaha/Minnesota State three weeks in a row. Heck, they probably could have backed their way into the playoffs some way some how.

They still beat NDSU with a backup QB in Fargo.....I call the season a sucess. :lol:

Had the team had Klosterman healthy there is no way they lose to SCSU/Omaha/Minnesota State three weeks in a row. Heck, they probably could have backed their way into the playoffs some way some how.

They still beat NDSU with a backup QB in Fargo.....I call the season a sucess. :lol:

That was one of the worst Sioux-Bison games in my lifetime. Both teams had terrible seasons.