SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I guess I should've mentioned none of UND's pre-game traditions and activities compare to those of the almighty Ag School of the South :silly:

Have only been to one game in the Alerus ('03 Nickel Game), so can't speak from experience, my friends up North however, say that UND football games(that they have been to, few of them) can be pretty cheesy for pre-game and in-game stuff. Like I said, that is NOT from experience, just from what a few friends have told me. NDSU has it's cheesy moments as well. In 2010, for the students they played a video that was intended to get a new chant to catch on. It was awful. Didn't catch on. Cheesy. Made my ears bleed.

Have only been to one game in the Alerus ('03 Nickel Game), so can't speak from experience, my friends up North however, say that UND football games(that they have been to, few of them) can be pretty cheesy for pre-game and in-game stuff. Like I said, that is NOT from experience, just from what a few friends have told me. NDSU has it's cheesy moments as well. In 2010, for the students they played a video that was intended to get a new chant to catch on. It was awful. Didn't catch on. Cheesy. Made my ears bleed.

The in-game experience certainly could’ve been better at UND the past few years; however, a lot of it was attributed to the average attendance which will increase this year. Also, UND's athletic marketing and in-game entertainment department has vowed to improve the game time atmosphere and I've heard nothing but good things. For example, here's a tweet from Josh Kotelnicki:

2l87yq0.jpg

Tailgate ally used to be a lot more impressive... Kinda down in recent years

I think that having games later in the evening is going to drastically improve tailgating. Sure there were always diehards there at 7am for a 1pm game. But with games at 7pm, there will be more people (students especially) that will be able to come out at 1-2pm and tailgate. Looking forward to a better atmosphere at the Alerus both inside and out!

• Upvote 1

The in-game experience certainly could’ve been better at UND the past few years; however, a lot of it was attributed to the average attendance which will increase this year. Also, UND's athletic marketing and in-game entertainment department has vowed to improve the game time atmosphere and I've heard nothing but good things. For example, here's a tweet from Josh Kotelnicki:

2l87yq0.jpg

This is certainly good news for UND if there is an upgrade in that department. While it really is not a big deal, it makes the games more fun even if it is just 5-10 minutes at the most.

I think that having games later in the evening is going to drastically improve tailgating. Sure there were always diehards there at 7am for a 1pm game. But with games at 7pm, there will be more people (students especially) that will be able to come out at 1-2pm and tailgate. Looking forward to a better atmosphere at the Alerus both inside and out!

I like that NDSU has some 3 PM kickoffs. It is early enough that it is bright outside for the tailgating, and when the game is over it gives people plenty of time to get home if they drove from say...Bismarck or something. It also allows them to leave for the game at a later time, such as 10 or 11 AM as compared to 8 or 9 AM.

I, as a student, also prefer afternoon games to early or late kickoffs because I feel like more students come. I have no data to back this up, I just get the feeling. If you have it at noon, a lot of kids are not going to show up due to hangovers or sleeping in. If you have it at night, they complain that it cuts into drinking time. If you have it at 3 PM, it gives them time to get up, get rehydrated with the liquid beverage of their choice, get over to the game. Have fun, game gets done around 6 or 6:30. Get some food in your belly, then go live it up. Wake up at 11. Watch the Vikes lose, check that the (insert team of choice) won, and that my friends, is the perfect weekend.

Just my two cents. I am in a good mood. I am going to go mow my lawn. Cheers!

2l87yq0.jpg

Now i wanna know what the intro is going to be. This excitement for UND football hasn't been this high since 2007...maybe 2001?

The Billings Gazette has continued their 2012 Big Sky position ranking series by ranking the top 10 linebackers:

http://billingsgazet...1a4bcf887a.html

Although UND did not place any names (even though by the end of the year I would expect Mr. Bennett to be on the post-season version of this), the article did feature a real nice picture of the top spot man (Jody Owens of Montana State) :lol:

2coj539.jpg

.....and yes professional trollers of Ag school nation, we know who won the game.....

Seems like UND is not on the radar in polls, and ranking top players. That means either we are unknown (not making noise during transition), or our players (team) just isn't matching up to the rest of the big boys of the FCS (and BSC). So that means UND needs to make some noise this season and it starts by crushing Mines into dust, and then tearing up the field against Portland State to get some BSC team's and media attention. UND will be ranked higher and higher with wins and with those wins people will take note of our players. I don't take much stock in preseason polls or ranking players this early. But at the end of the season thats when we should care about polls and ranking players.

The Billings Gazette has continued their 2012 Big Sky position ranking series by ranking the top 10 linebackers:

http://billingsgazet...1a4bcf887a.html

Although UND did not place any names (even though by the end of the year I would expect Mr. Bennett to be on the post-season version of this), the article did feature a real nice picture of the top spot man (Jody Owens of Montana State) :lol:

2coj539.jpg

.....and yes professional trollers of Ag school nation, we know who won the game.....

Is it acceptable for me to troll our former qb?

Which player is everybody looking forward to seeing the most this season? For me it's Jer Garman. I really wish he would have been used more last season or redshirted although I do understand why it was pulled.

Not counting the easy pick of Hansen.... On special teams Will Rattell will be a new Dan Hendrickson. Mr Kennedy taking heads off. EJ Welch being a beast in the middle. Ben Peters destroying people in the middle. Jameer Jackson dominating DBs. Roman Bridges on returns. I could go on all day. I'm excited to see anyone new and see veterans improve. I'm also excited to see if there are any unexpected impact players that will turn some heads too.

Which player is everybody looking forward to seeing the most this season? For me it's Jer Garman. I really wish he would have been used more last season or redshirted although I do understand why it was pulled.

Spencer Cummings

Jameer Jackson

Dominique Bennett

Cordero Finley

Garrison Goodman

Seth Nichols