SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Not only potentially 4 in 11years, but they also made the title game in 06 and 07. Could've been 6 in 11! Not to count out ferris, though, stranger things have happened.

Hey, Air Force had BC up on them only 1-0 later in the third, lost 2-0. Defensive shutdown style could work on saturday. GO FERRIS

If BC wins the whole thing this year, then the answer is no, I don't remember when we used to be BC. BC is on a run right now in college hockey unlike any stretch the Sioux have ever head whether you are talking Gasparini, Blais, or Hakstol eras.

According to some on this board, winning a championship is almost impossible under today's format. BC must be the luckiest team alive. We used to be the team that won more than anyone.

• Upvote 1

Oh there was some whining on here. The Hakstol haters popped up out of their holes once our game against Minnesota ended.

They were a minority though, the majority of peeps on here thought it was a good season.

Heck I never have been a big fan of Hakstol until this year. The job he did this year made me respect him as a great coach instead of a good coach.

Yeah, but they didn't crash the board complaining, whining and bitching, did they...

Well GPL crashes all the time. Jup should switch to a different host cause whoever he's with now sucks big time. GPL isn't a very big site, I really can't see it being down because of people flooding the site.

We had a good season. From being picked 5th or 6th in the WCHA preseason poll to the Frozen Four is quite an accomplishment. Obviously the game was much closer than the score indicated. BC scored on pretty much every chance while Minnesota scored on one of about 17. But I'm over the downtime already. Proud of our seniors and I'm really going to miss Matson and Patterson. Great leaders.

Congrats to BC on a 5th National Title. As we all know, the Title game is already decided. ;)

Well GPL crashes all the time. Jup should switch to a different host cause whoever he's with now sucks big time. GPL isn't a very big site, I really can't see it being down because of people flooding the site.

Doesn't it seem odd it only crashes when something bad happens to the Gophers. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

He played at Minnesota in the early 70s. Did he play much pro hockey? He was at UND by 80 or 81, so he was in Minot in the late 70s and probably an assistant at Minnesota in the mid 70s. Spent most of the 80s at UND. Back at UND by 95 or 96, so a few years at Roseau in late 80s early 90s and then mid 90s at International Falls. That's as close as I'm getting tonight.

I know he was in Minot in 1979-80 because he was my phy-ed teacher that year.

I cannot cheer for the following teams (in this order): Minnesota, DU (HATE their fan base), and BC. By that ranking, it looks like I have to cheer for BC tonight. Go Ferris State tomorrow!!!

DU is rapiding becoming my most hated.

What do you have against those three guys?

Just got done watching the game on DVR.

Wow, absolute domination by BC. They got outshot, but had so many odd man rushes...it was crazy. And they capitalized on almost all of them.

I get the impression that UMN fans can't give us crap any longer for our recent woes against BC in the F4.

Also, what the heck was Matson from UMN thinking at the end? That was bush league. A two-handed slash followed by a cross-check to the face of the BC player...all over a battle for the puck along the boards. Extremely weak. I thought (according to UMN fans) only UND players did that crap when losing? I'm sure Gopher fans will spin that somehow, but either way that was a very weak move -- by the team captain, no less -- when Gopher fans would have us believe that they are angels on the ice.

BC is very, very good this year. I don't think any WCHA team could have hung with them this year in the tourney. If UND would have made it to Tampa, I have a bad feeling it would have been a similar result.

On to next season!

Wow, absolute domination by BC. They got outshot, but had so many odd man rushes...it was crazy. And they capitalized on almost all of them.

I get the impression that UMN fans can't give us crap any longer for our recent woes against BC in the F4.

Also, what the heck was Matson from UMN thinking at the end? That was bush league. A two-handed slash followed by a cross-check to the face of the BC player...all over a battle for the puck along the boards. Extremely weak. I thought (according to UMN fans) only UND players did that crap when losing? I'm sure Gopher fans will spin that somehow, but either way that was a very weak move -- by the team captain, no less -- when Gopher fans would have us believe that they are angels on the ice.

BC is very, very good this year. I don't think any WCHA team could have hung with them this year in the tourney. If UND would have made it to Tampa, I have a bad feeling it would have been a similar result.

On to next season!

York has something historic going at BC. Amazing.

BC is impressive. MN has some speed, but BC has more. They have a good defense and know how to finish. Unfortunately, it appears the Fighting Sioux factor somehow caused MN to lose their cool and goon it up late in the third period.

I doubt the Sioux could have stayed with BC considering their short-handed line-up. At the speed of BC the Sioux would have been tired by the third.

I don't know if the outcome of the game is quite that bad if Minnesota slips one in early. In the NCAA tourney, that first goal can be a big boost of confidence, especially for a young underdog team. BC just seems like they have not had goalie breakdowns at the wrong time, and certainly Milner kept them in the game in the first period when Minnesota had a 10 to 3 advantage on scoring chances. Hopefully Milner picks the wrong time to have a bad game on Saturday.

On to next season!

Oh come on! we would have at least scored 2! :lol:

The finale of Through These Doors was pretty sweet. I hope they do it again next year.

It said at the end to look for new episodes this fall, so it sounds like it will be continued next season as well. I enjoy them as well!

Also, what was Rowney doing to Nelson there at the end during the closing credits?? :)

That freshman bunch of ODonnell, Parks, Matson, Grimaldi, and MacMillan, with the quickness and work ethic they have, could give the Sioux a BC-like quaility next year. If Kristo stays, their quickness level will be as high as it's been in many years.

That freshman bunch of ODonnell, Parks, Matson, Grimaldi, and MacMillan, with the quickness and work ethic they have, could give the Sioux a BC-like quaility next year. If Kristo stays, their quickness level will be as high as it's been in many years.

Agreed. They all showed good speed (some of them in very limited playing time...but still). Toss in some very fast players in Gleason and Rodwell, and we could go back to the days of Speed Kills.

Gino had 3 titles in 8 years from 1980 to 1987 and it could have been 4 in 9 years (we finished Runner-Up to the Rodents in 1979). And I think we made it to the Frozen Four in 1984 and 1985. Blais took us to three Frozen Fours (1997, 2000 and 2001) and won two of them (1997 and 2000) with a Runner-Up finish in 2001. The 1998 and 1999 teams were one win short of the Frozen Four.

Irish is right; we used to cash in on our chances at the Frozen Four. Now "just getting there" is all that matters to most of us, which is a shame. Hakstol did a great job with this year's team; now it's time to cash in the next time we "get there" and have the horses to get it done (we just didn't have enough pieces this year).

A couple of questions for everyone who thinks "just being there" is good enough: If we had ZERO NCAA titles right now, would our program still be considered "great" and "storied"? Another question, if Jerry York and Boston College were still looking for their first NCAA title since 1949, would they still be considered a "great" program? My answer to both is a big, resounding NO. If your answer is yes, you must be a Buffalo Bills fan.