SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Don't know if this is the best place for it but is Ryan Cardinal actually associated with the Minnesota hockey program at all? I know I use to listen to him on the PA show sometimes, but probably won't ever again. First the stunt he pulled at the Final 5, now trying to trash former college players on twitter, to me he is a total tool and I have lost any respect I once had for him.

Don't know if this is the best place for it but is Ryan Cardinal actually associated with the Minnesota hockey program at all? I know I use to listen to him on the PA show sometimes, but probably won't ever again. First the stunt he pulled at the Final 5, now trying to trash former college players on twitter, to me he is a total tool and I have lost any respect I once had for him.

Actually he is an employee of the Minnesota Vikings and he is friend with PA.

What did he say now? The one before the FF was just a joke, but not one that was taken all that well by non-gopher fans. I personally thought it was kind of annoying, but that's just me. Cardinal on the whole is pretty well connected from what I know, but he doesn't have an official capacity with the program.

What did he say now? The one before the FF was just a joke, but not one that was taken all that well by non-gopher fans. I personally thought it was kind of annoying, but that's just me. Cardinal on the whole is pretty well connected from what I know, but he doesn't have an official capacity with the program.

He tweeted to Tyler Landman, former Providence player from Roseau,MN "Remember when you where a highly thought of recruit and then you flamed out" or something along those lines, because Landman tweeted something about the incident where the Gopher was kicked out last night. A lot of people very unhappy with Cardinal and thinking he is very chilidish.

He tweeted to Tyler Landman, former Providence player from Roseau,MN "Remember when you where a highly thought of recruit and then you flamed out" or something along those lines, because Landman tweeted something about the incident where the Gopher was kicked out last night. A lot of people very unhappy with Cardinal and thinking he is very chilidish.

That sounds typical of Cardinal...cue Dark Starr singing "Oh Canada" about North Dakota hockey players on FSN...and Jeff Dubay turning red-faced when discussing the Sioux...

That sounds typical of Cardinal...cue Dark Starr singing "Oh Canada" about North Dakota hockey players on FSN...and Jeff Dubay turning red-faced when discussing the Sioux...

The thing was he attacked the guy for no reason, I've played against Tyler in a few different sports and have friends that are pretty close with him and by all accounts he is a very well respected and good guy. I believe he now refs in the NAHL and left Providence to be close to home and could have continued to play college hockey closer to home, but really has a passion for reffing and thats what he wants to do.

That is really too bad. Cardinal has gone on quite a bad streak this year.

One of two things, in my opinion:

1-He is so sick of being a fan of a program that has quite frankly, STUNK of late, was playing nice due to humility the past few years, and is now just showing his true arrogant gopher colors.

2-Because he has been fair and balanced in the past, talking all sorts of college hockey knowledge, his KFAN base, made up primarily of UMN-Twin Cities fans, gave him enough crap about it, he has decided (or been asked) to become the homer that most all other Twin Cities Metro area media are.

Whatever the reason, he has lost this college hockey fan until he demostrates he has shaped up. He was the SOLE reason I listened to the PA show on thursdays every now and then.

That is really too bad. Cardinal has gone on quite a bad streak this year.

One of two things, in my opinion:

1-He is so sick of being a fan of a program that has quite frankly, STUNK of late, was playing nice due to humility the past few years, and is now just showing his true arrogant gopher colors.

2-Because he has been fair and balanced in the past, talking all sorts of college hockey knowledge, his KFAN base, made up primarily of UMN-Twin Cities fans, gave him enough crap about it, he has decided (or been asked) to become the homer that most all other Twin Cities Metro area media are.

Whatever the reason, he has lost this college hockey fan until he demostrates he has shaped up. He was the SOLE reason I listened to the PA show on thursdays every now and then.

I am not concerned about that maybe he is filling a voide left by Jeff Dubay, but I was a bit disappointed in their small pox blanket that they hung in the Xcel Energy Center in front of another Gopher fan's seat.

I concur 100%.

Union College made it all the way to the Frozen Four with a roster made up primarily of freshman and sophomores. Oh, and not a single scholarship player. It can be done.

Don't these non-scholarship schools still give out a lot of money in grants?

Don't these non-scholarship schools still give out a lot of money in grants?

Someone posted an article on line a while back about how much money these ECAC schools give out in aid to athletes even though they don't give out scholarships.

Someone posted an article on line a while back about how much money these ECAC schools give out in aid to athletes even though they don't give out scholarships.

When you think how much Mayville State gives I could just imagine how much they give. A good student at one of the Wisconsin schools that plays hockey will get more in academic scholarship dollars than a hockey player at UND will get in athletic scholarship dollars.

I don't think Cardinal is as bad as that Hammy person. My god does that prick only see anything in maroon & gold. His team can do no wrong and when his beloved Gophers decide to be cheap or make a dirty play it is totally different than another team's player committing a cheap hit.

For as much as Gopher fans talk about us having halos. They have a nice stockpile of halos themselves.

/endrant

So good that the world got to see the gophers goon it up at the end. Fortunately Matson's deal was square on TV. Too bad we didn't also get to see the shot to the head that got Condon kicked out of the game.

Some might explain it away by saying that their emotions were high, or that this was on a bigger stage, but if so those are just rationalizations from people who rip Sioux players for the same things.

I'm not saying Sioux players and saints and gophers are devils. I'm just saying gopher fans have lost their high ground (not that they ever really had it, just claimed it).

That was the best part of last night's game.

So good that the world got to see the gophers goon it up at the end. Fortunately Matson's deal was square on TV. Too bad we didn't also get to see the shot to the head that got Condon kicked out of the game.

That was the best part of last night's game.

I got an earful from my Gopher fan friends about Mario's actions during the regional championship game last week. I thought he should have been shown the gate.

Last night's were just as bad, only this time, a penalty got called. 8 minutes left in a 6-1 game and you want to goon it up? Nice.

I don't think Cardinal is as bad as that Hammy person. My god does that prick only see anything in maroon & gold. His team can do no wrong and when his beloved Gophers decide to be cheap or make a dirty play it is totally different than another team's player committing a cheap hit.

For as much as Gopher fans talk about us having halos. They have a nice stockpile of halos themselves.

/endrant

I freaking despise that pompous, arrogant, thinks-he-knows-everything-about-everyone d-bag.

I also like his name-calling of 16 year old recruits of rival teams. How mature.