SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Maybe he's looking at improving his resume to have the best shot at the UND job whenever Hak is done. Head coaching experience at the college level is something he doesn't have right now.

Good point but Cary will collect SS long before Hak. All kidding aside you do have a good point and not just to takeover from hak one day but head at a real hockey program.

Good point but Cary will collect SS long before Hak. All kidding aside you do have a good point and not just to takeover from hak one day but head at a real hockey program.

Cary is older than Hak, but Hak may move on at some point for some reason. Maybe he'll get an offer for an NHL team. Or decide to quit coaching and try something else. I'm pretty sure Cary doesn't want to be the Number 2 guy for the rest of his life.

Cary is older than Hak, but Hak may move on at some point for some reason. Maybe he'll get an offer for an NHL team. Or decide to quit coaching and try something else. I'm pretty sure Cary doesn't want to be the Number 2 guy for the rest of his life.

Concur. I knew what you meant. Cary has to apply for the job. Cary is the guy who could take Mankato to the top of the new WCHA and they would be foolish not to hire him. It would be great if he could get Steve Johnson to come over with him.

Concur. I knew what you meant. Cary has to apply for the job. Cary is the guy who could take Mankato to the top of the new WCHA and they would be foolish not to hire him. It would be great if he could get Steve Johnson to come over with him.

My guess is that one of the 2 will get the job. The only other coach I could see beating them might be Guentzel if he decided to go after it. Then it might come down to the interview.

My guess is that one of the 2 will get the job. The only other coach I could see beating them might be Guentzel if he decided to go after it. Then it might come down to the interview.

I really can't see Guentzel going for it but never say never. No matter which of the 3 they pick they can not lose all would make great head coaches. If Cary gets it who should replace him here? Think of all the guys that played here that would make great additions to the staff. Let the speculation begin.

I really can't see Guentzel going for it but never say never. No matter which of the 3 they pick they can not lose all would make great head coaches. If Cary gets it who should replace him here? Think of all the guys that played here that would make great additions to the staff. Let the speculation begin.

I think Guentzel would consider going for it if he believes that Lucia is going to stay at least another 5 years. Guentzel isn't getting any younger either. Of course he wouldn't be guaranteed to take over for Lucia either.

My best guess for a replacement if Cary leaves would be someone at the Jr level, like maybe Jason Herter or Chad Johnson.

I think talking about a head coach opening at Mankato falls under "NCAA hockey scores and updates, non-sioux."

thanks for the update.

Oh, no doubt. I was more so ribbing for the fact that there has been very little talk about the games going on today. :lol:

Milner for BC has been saving their hide. He's made a couple amazing saves that could've been goals.

End of 1st period. 1-0 BC.

I think Guentzel would consider going for it if he believes that Lucia is going to stay at least another 5 years. Guentzel isn't getting any younger either. Of course he wouldn't be guaranteed to take over for Lucia either.

My best guess for a replacement if Cary leaves would be someone at the Jr level, like maybe Jason Herter or Chad Johnson.

Chad can't get the job since he does not have a college degree. That's why Hak got the job instead of Steve. Steve only finished his degree in the last couple of years. Whereas Brent got his along time ago.

Chad can't get the job since he does not have a college degree. That's why Hak got the job instead of Steve. Steve only finished his degree in the last couple of years. Whereas Brent got his along time ago.

Does that college degree requirement apply to assistant coaches also? I knew that it was in place for head coaches.