SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At most this rumble is what we speculate here: Fenton goes NCHC -> Summit. Why not save costs and move NCHC admin under Summit umbrella. He knows both ledgers now. 

Should that happen Summit hockey schools (UND, DU, UNO, StT) and NCHC schools like UMD, SCSU, CC are easy choices as affiliates. Notice I stopped at seven and WMU and Miami are mysteriously missing from my list. You'll have a (Sun) Devil of a time who the target eighth would be as an affiliate. Think: snow birds. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

At most this rumble is what we speculate here: Fenton goes NCHC -> Summit. Why not save costs and move NCHC admin under Summit umbrella. He knows both ledgers now. 

Should that happen Summit hockey schools (UND, DU, UNO, StT) and NCHC schools like UMD, SCSU, CC are easy choices as affiliates. Notice I stopped at seven and WMU and Miami are mysteriously missing from my list. You'll have a (Sun) Devil of a time who the target eighth would be as an affiliate. Think: snow birds. 

i don't think CC is an 'easy choice"....they don't bring much to the table....small d3 college that has been irrelevant for a long time. i do see this as an easy way of getting rid of cc, miami, and maybe western.

what's next fenton?...f...b...s.... go get Northern Iowa and Missouri State!  come to the summit...hockey, fbs football, lacrosse, and bowling.

lfg Fenton!