SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

4 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

NCHC should add ASU, BSU, MSU, UST and drop Miami and Western. 

There's not enough NCAA allowed games to play a full round-robin regular season today, and you want to add teams? 

NCHC plays 24 RS games; full round-robin would be 28 games (7 opponents times 4 games).

This assumes 10 games N/C which is a must for PWR implications. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There's not enough NCAA allowed games to play a full round-robin regular season today, and you want to add teams? 

NCHC plays 24 RS games; full round-robin would be 28 games (7 opponents times 4 games).

This assumes 10 games N/C which is a must for PWR implications. 

So, are you saying the ideal conference size is 7 teams for full round robin schedule 6 X 4 = 24 and 10 nonconference games.

2 hours ago, FSSD said:

So, are you saying the ideal conference size is 7 teams for full round robin schedule 6 X 4 = 24 and 10 nonconference games.

Yes and no. 

From scheduling: yes, when thinking round robin and the games limits.
From scheduling: no, an odd number leaves one team off each week (especially late season when everyone plays conference). 

If the summit kicked out western and added msu with travel partners.......any way we go back to back to back games on friday and saturday eves!!!???

und/ndac

usd/sdac

st thomas/ minny state

omaha/ kc

oral bob/ denver (might need to fly the night after or day of?)

(if fenton got both missouri state AND northern iowa with the promise of FBS and or hockey invites)

und/ndac

usd/sdac

st thomas/ msu

omaha/northern iowa

kc/missouri state

oral bob/ denver

Fargo media trying to hype the Bison just go look at map of AAC they are not going add one member that far geographically from the conference. I just don't see any of Dakota schools going individually to FBS conference near future or ever because of logistics and second because of fan base just not enough people to attract attention for tv or national interest. Like I say if teams of MVC and Big Sky are going to play FBS its going to be forming FBS conference out of these two conferences.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If Fargo media got their wish, would WDAY lose their right to broadcast every conference game?

The conference would take over their primary media rights, so I would assume so.
BUT......they would get to be big-timey FBS beat writers!!

• 4 weeks later...

PAC thinks SDSU and SMU are solution. (I scoff.) 
SDSU is access to SoCal (students, alumni, donors) lost by UCLA/USC leaving.
Yet television won't give them BXII numbers, even with. 

I say the BXII could "dagger" the PAC by offering SDSU (SoCal!) and using SDSU as bait to get the 'zonas (UA/ASU).
The BXII would want an even number, so put the fourth slot of SDSU/UA/ASU/____ out for bid. 

The PAC would truly be jammed up then. 

UU and CU would be bidding for BXII.
UW/UO would be begging the B1G.
CaliStan would be truly stuck ... they've wanted to de-emphasize athletics, welcome to Ivy West Division

And WasSU and OrSu best be on good terms with the MWC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

PAC thinks SDSU and SMU are solution. (I scoff.) 
SDSU is access to SoCal (students, alumni, donors) lost by UCLA/USC leaving.
Yet television won't give them BXII numbers, even with. 

I say the BXII could "dagger" the PAC by offering SDSU (SoCal!) and using SDSU as bait to get the 'zonas (UA/ASU).
The BXII would want an even number, so put the fourth slot of SDSU/UA/ASU/____ out for bid. 

The PAC would truly be jammed up then. 

UU and CU would be bidding for BXII.
UW/UO would be begging the B1G.
CaliStan would be truly stuck ... they've wanted to de-emphasize athletics, welcome to Ivy West Division

And WasSU and OrSu best be on good terms with the MWC. 

where does izzo have the bizons going to now if this happens?

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

@SIOUXFAN97 ... hours and hours of "guano loco" notions on realignment here: https://csnbbs.com/forum-637.html 

PS - If you find old posts by "NoDak" there, yup, same guy: "SiouxVolley" here. 

still keep waiting on fenton to announce he's "locked up" up some schools to keep the summit from being a revolving door conference.........