SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

I'll share it on Tuesday on the newsletter, assuming the website is fixed by then.

I'll say that what I know the *most* about concerns an FCS FB league that is not the ASUN, Southland or WAC. It's not like, EARTH SHATTERING or anything but it is a school and a league fit that I don't think has been talked about very much here, if at all.

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I'll share it on Tuesday on the newsletter, assuming the website is fixed by then.

I'll say that what I know the *most* about concerns an FCS FB league that is not the ASUN, Southland or WAC. It's not like, EARTH SHATTERING or anything but it is a school and a league fit that I don't think has been talked about very much here, if at all.

Western?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe Drake, Northern Iowa, Missouri State defect from MVC and St Thomas join Summit FBS Football?

und

ndsu

usd

sdsu

drake

niu

st thomas

missouri state?

I think that would be earth shattering, relatively speaking.

UNI publicly shows their foia requests and he did actually request docs from them last week.  But basic stuff that he does for a lot of schools.  Ncaa financial reports, coach contracts, and nil info.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think that would be earth shattering, relatively speaking.

UNI publicly shows their foia requests and he did actually request docs from them last week.  But basic stuff that he does for a lot of schools.  Ncaa financial reports, coach contracts, and nil info.

academically and athletically......what is a better school for a conference?  St Thomas or UIC (mvc)?

Drake would not be part of any new conference put together with FBS intentions.

I think this will be more along the lines of Chicago State to the Pioneer and Morehead(football) to the OVC.  Maybe add WIU or Youngstown to the OVC as well.

If the Summit IS actually going to add football, it could be about that I suppose.  Interesting that he says "league" rather than "conference".  Also interesting that he singles out an individual school and league, while at the same time it sounds like there may be news about others.   

Chicago State and Pioneer is my guess.

19 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Drake would not be part of any new conference put together with FBS intentions.

I think this will be more along the lines of Chicago State to the Pioneer and Morehead(football) to the OVC.  Maybe add WIU or Youngstown to the OVC as well.

If the Summit IS actually going to add football, it could be about that I suppose.  Interesting that he says "league" rather than "conference".  Also interesting that he singles out an individual school and league, while at the same time it sounds like there may be news about others.   

Chicago State and Pioneer is my guess.

i don't think that anything csu does warrants big news.....

On 2/25/2023 at 5:38 AM, nodak651 said:

image.thumb.png.e5e03f18bc7f23abe60eb12be01a47df.png

Something is gonna happen.  https://csnbbs.com/thread-964943-page-3.html

RE: What's next for realignment?

Welp, I don't think the paywall is going to get fixed this week, so I might as well make everything free for the next two days. I have a story I am contractually required to run tomorrow AM, and then I promise I'll share the low major realignment stuff

last clue, and I promise I wont string yall along like this ever again

it involves a D-II team

It sounds like D-II school.