SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wouldn’t surprise me that PUFW is paying the Horizon League to accept them, as they know travel will become so much worse.

The Summit is in an existential crisis again because of baseball.  They will switch to football.

douple knows what he's doing...have faith

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but there is not diffrence bt augie, mankato, or scsu tho...they are all d2?

SCSU just got nailed by a judge for Title IX violations, so they aren't going to do it. 

MSU isn't going to do it either.

If you can find a way to get St. Thomas to transition in 5 years, which would require the NCAA to ignore their own rules (which hey, they are Don Adams most of the time anyways).  Get them.

52 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

northern colorado?

The BSC would do back-flips if that happened (or at least Griz fans would).

I wouldn't mind that.

The Summit will grab a D2 school and that will allow them to get a waiver as the NCAA will consider it a "plan" to be back in compliance. It's already been done before, no reason to believe anything different. 

That being said, would be interesting to see if there any lingering mutual interest with the Summit and NMSU and they can work something out. 

hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

northern colorado?

As a baseball affiliate, possibly. 

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The Summit will grab a D2 school and that will allow them to get a waiver as the NCAA will consider it a "plan" to be back in compliance. It's already been done before, no reason to believe anything different. 

That being said, would be interesting to see if there any lingering mutual interest with the Summit and NMSU and they can work something out. 

As a baseball affiliate, possibly. 

Hey Douple:

do-it.png

On 10/18/2018 at 3:50 PM, The Sicatoka said:

The Summit has a vicious problem starting at them: 

Lose Fort Wayne and lose the BB autobid (because you take a double hit: you no longer have enough baseball or mens soccer schools). 
Lose Western Illinois and lose the BB autobid (because you take a double hit: you no longer have enough baseball or mens soccer schools).
The same goes for Oral Roberts and Omaha. 

Yes, any of those four schools jump ship and the BB autobid goes away.
Any of those four cut baseball or mens soccer and the BB autobid goes away. 

Fort Wayne would jump to the Horizon the heartbeat they were invited. Western would go to the OVC just as quickly. And Oral Roberts would have to at least ponder a conference that didn't involve the Dakotas in months ending in Y. 

The Summit would be well-served to bring football in-house and thus eliminate the need to sponsor soccer and baseball to keep the BB autobid (as football would serve in their place). The Summit will have five FCS schools come fall 2020. It just takes one more (assuming Western still in). 

It's heeeeere.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Northern Colorado wouldn’t stabilize the Summit with football.  WIU wants the MVFC so they join the Horizon, leaving the Summit still short of six football teams.

The Horizon is built around urban schools, WIU is about as far away from that as you can get. Macomb makes Vermillion look like Vegas. If WIU goes anywhere it will probably be a lower division. Nobody wants them, they are a struggling school that brings nothing to the table. 

As has been said before, the Summit will add a D2 school and the NCAA will give the league waivers until said school is eligible. 

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It’s so amazing that the WAC will be down to five full DI members after 2020, GCU, NMSU, Seattle, UVU, and UTRGV, but the trolls want to shut this thread down.  Not having seven full DI members gives the NCAA the right to take away all the WAC’s bids by dissolving it.  Dixie St and California Baptist don’t count.  The WAC needs to find new fully DI schools by next summer.

The WAC is the only non football conference that can invite schools to FBS, so its spots will be in demand.  Have said Sam Houston St, Lamar, McNeese St, maybe UIW, UTRGV, UC Davis, Sac St and Cal Poly will accept the WAC’s offer, and then UVU, Dixie St and Seattle will scurry to the Big Sky.  ORU and UMKC will then join the Texas-based eastern division and the Summit will be screwed.

But then out of no where, the Montanas, Idaho, EWU and Weber St will be so sickened by the new Big Sky that they will join the Summit.

The only contribution that bison trolls have made in the thread is stating their AD’s position, which is “NDSU has no plans to move to FBS in the near term” as proof that NDSU will never move up.  Suspect the football teams in the WAC and Summit will stay FCS until 2022, and then move up.  The Summit will have all the FCS teams under its new league and then they will all be WAC affiliates with North and South divisions until their fully FBS.

The key date to shoot for is 2025, when the CFP contract will be renewed and each G5 team gets a couple million a year under the new estimated terms.

You made it slightly more than a month... not surprising.

You also deleted your original post... not surprising. 

Fortunately, the quote button preserves your posts quite well. 

Screenshot_20190803-073202_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Good God, the Summit League is pathetic.......

If UND wasn’t kicked out of the big sky why did they bother to join the “pathetic” Summit?

i see SHSU is no longer a top 25 team but remains in the top 30, just as good as a decent D2.. They were always a paper tiger. Look at their record in FCS championship games.  I don’t think anybody in the new FBS league being talked about should ever play them but for now it’s the big time.

Since UND received 1 vote in the group of schools also receiving votes this game could qualify as another UND Super Bowl!  That would be great considering the biggest game in UND football history, UNDs Super Bowl in Fargo, is also played this year.  Two big games like that spells FBS for sure  

Traffic will be heavy around the FFD for that game so be sure to brush up on traffic light rules. Make sure your equipment trailer lights are working too.  They are real sticklers about that.  Lots of unsophisticated country people coming in.

Should be an amazing time for your kids stepping onto one of the nations most revered and prestigious football fields, in the States largest football venue in North Dakota’s largest city!  What an experience for the kids from Grand Forks!  Good luck!  

Great exposure for the new FBS league too!  What a thrill for your fans and team.

Will there be an NCAA delegation there scouting the new FBS league?  I heard SV says the leagues a sure thing.

You forgot to thank The Flagship University of North Dakota for stepping up and making this game happen at a time a few years ago when SU administration was still sitting in the corner with their hands folded vowing that the game would never happen on their watch. Still wonder what drives SU fans to take the time to come here when they have so much to talk about on their own board. Oh I forgot it's that you add such great outside opinions to the conversation.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Boydj282 said:

If UND wasn’t kicked out of the big sky why did they bother to join the “pathetic” Summit?

i see SHSU is no longer a top 25 team but remains in the top 30, just as good as a decent D2.. They were always a paper tiger. Look at their record in FCS championship games.  I don’t think anybody in the new FBS league being talked about should ever play them but for now it’s the big time.

Since UND received 1 vote in the group of schools also receiving votes this game could qualify as another UND Super Bowl!  That would be great considering the biggest game in UND football history, UNDs Super Bowl in Fargo, is also played this year.  Two big games like that spells FBS for sure  

Traffic will be heavy around the FFD for that game so be sure to brush up on traffic light rules. Make sure your equipment trailer lights are working too.  They are real sticklers about that.  Lots of unsophisticated country people coming in.

Should be an amazing time for your kids stepping onto one of the nations most revered and prestigious football fields, in the States largest football venue in North Dakota’s largest city!  What an experience for the kids from Grand Forks!  Good luck!  

Great exposure for the new FBS league too!  What a thrill for your fans and team.

Will there be an NCAA delegation there scouting the new FBS league?  I heard SV says the leagues a sure thing.

:lol:

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Boydj282 said:

Please review this board's policies regarding trolling: https://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/ 

Thank you. That is all. 

On 10/31/2017 at 12:45 PM, BisonCardinal said:

I think UMKC coming back is realistic.  UNO, I don't see going anywhere with Denver and UND as Summit members.  Fort Wayne will probably go to Horizon.  I also think WIU stays put.

So now the Summit puts full court press on U of Northern Colorado.  I'm really not too concerned with baseball compliance as the Summit just coming up with a "plan" will satisfy the NCAA for a couple years, but getting UNC would also help with Summit football, if that happens.

Although SV's DMI conference has its merits, I just don't see it happening primarily because of non-revenue sports.  Hard to justify flying all those sports west, when busing south is a lot cheaper.

UMKC - coming back - check

UNO - staying put - check

Fort Wayne - leaving - check

WIU - staying put - check

UNC - ????

SV's take that the Summit is in crisis because of baseball is an exaggeration.  The NCAA does not give a crap about the smaller leagues like the Summit, Big Sky and Horizon.  All the Summit has to do is present a plan for a couple years here and then another one a couple years later of getting back to the proper number and the NCAA says whatever.  Kind of like the attendance requirement.

1 minute ago, BisonCardinal said:

... and the NCAA says whatever.  Kind of like the attendance requirement.

So they selectively enforce, or randomly choose where or when to enforce, certain stated rules, policies, and guidelines. 

Sounds ... arbitrary and capricious ... to me. 

Various ears, for various reasons, just perked up with my use of that phrase.