SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Got swept did they? They should fire her coach. Wins and losses are all that matter.

And you seem to think wins and losses don't matter at all. Based on your logic, we should join the Pioneer Football League and dump all 63 scholarships. That way, all that will matter is team GPA. :silly:

Nobody on here is saying that "Wins and losses are all that matter." But we also don't think that having a perennially bad football program is acceptable either. If you want to make the case that Mussman is somehow not responsible for the success or failure of a program that he controls, please do so. But to make a correlation between an FCS program and a kids volleyball game is beyond apples and oranges.

It looks to me like you should get a job as Chris Mussman's PR man. A couple days ago I had thought you had seen the real Mussman in action, but I see you've reverted back to form. Please stop trying to present Muss in a way that he will never be.

I'm not sure where I touted Mussman in my posts but if you were able to read that far between the lines that's great. I'm referring to the players coming together and turning things around.

I'm not sure where I touted Mussman in my posts but if you were able to read that far between the lines that's great. I'm referring to the players coming together and turning things around.

Leadership starts at the top and teams take on the personality of their head coach. You saw that with Lennon and you saw that with Blais and you saw that with Roebuck. And (unfortunately) you are seeing that with Mussman.

What happons if they get the win this week and get 3 of the final five. Will 5 wins keep Muss here?

I think four gets him another year. Pretty low expectations but thats what we've come to know with the football program nowadays.

We play 7 home games this season, so if this year's record is the same or worse than last year's record (5-6), Mussman should be gone. In order to pick up 5 wins this season, we would have to win 4 of the remaining 7 games - I'm not sure this team can do that.

Once Mussman goes, then, and only then, does UND start competing for/in the playoffs (considering the subsequent hire is appropriate). That simple everyone.

• Upvote 2

Watching the UND sports show right...

Mussman not making any dumb comments but also hes not saying much other than we just gotta compete more and our young guys will continue to make mistakes and we have to live with that

for a young guy to make mistakes he has to be on the field and these "young" guys seem to be buried on the depth chart behind guys like henson, mackey, finley, lewis, peters, otto, and miller??

The other point of my research was because I'm wondering what Faison tolerates. One of the first hires he made here was the soccer coach. Soccer has sucked, and he made a change. Swimming is an even better example to what is going on in football right now. I don't know how many people are aware of this, but in Swimming, UND was just as dominant as they were in football at the DII level in the 90's and 2000's. Swimming hasn't cut it since the DI move, and Faison fired is own guy. That tells me he is willing to make a change. If (it should) that happens this year in football, from what I see from his hiring history, we probably won't see a UND "good ole boy" get hired. It will be someone with DI experience, or someone who has had a successful run as a head coach in DII...............

I don't care if the next UND coach necessarily has previous ties to UND, but I do hope he has ties to the traditional UND recruiting areas. I still think that might be part of the issue Lennon and company have had at SIU.

• Upvote 2

Is UND willing to demand excellence at the Division 1 level. Big difference between Division 1 and Division 2.

No kidding? I would guess firing your coach for underperforming is a form of demanding excellence. Maybe you should be asking that question of your women's AD. Buttfootball

• Upvote 3

Watching UND Sports extra last night Mussman looks like a defeated man with no answers. He's out there blaming the offense for giving up 62 and 55 points! Muss has to go sooner than later. We cannot afford many more blowout losses with absolutely no answers.

Is UND willing to demand excellence at the Division 1 level. Big difference between Division 1 and Division 2.

Football program down south is tremendous, not gonna argue, but UND is on the same path as NDSU in all other sports. Men's BBall at UND isn't as distant as the Ag School supporters think.

We'll especially see that when the Bizzon's men's basketball team visits the Betty later this year…

• Upvote 1

No kidding? I would guess firing your coach for underperforming is a form of demanding excellence. Maybe you should be asking that question of your women's AD. Buttfootball

Non-revenue sports are relatively unimportant to me. If our men's basketball and football teams were consistently top 2 in the conference, I'd be 100% ok with our other sports being mediocre or bad. In a perfect world, Dorn would be fired.

Football program down south is tremendous, not gonna argue, but UND is on the same path as NDSU in all other sports. Men's BBall at UND isn't as distant as the Ag School supporters think.

We'll especially see that when the Bizzon's men's basketball team visits the Betty later this year…

I was mostly referring to football.

Non-revenue sports are relatively unimportant to me.

Maybe to you but they were pretty important to rest of your fanbase when they were good and going to NCAA tournaments. Funny, now nobody cares and they are just those "unimportant non-revenue sports".

• Upvote 3

I think four gets him another year. Pretty low expectations but thats what we've come to know with the football program nowadays.

This would be unacceptable. A lot of people would simply refuse to go to another home game until a change was made. Just how bad do we have to get to make a change that obviously needs to be made? 0-11?

Right now, can we look at any game and say with confidence that it is a winnable game? The way we are looking now, I don't see us getting to the4 win mark!! 3-8 with 2, potentially 3 blowouts at home...that alone is reason enough for Faison to send Muss packing.

A loss in Pocatello this Saturday and it could spiral into 1-10...5-6 is possible but I think the damage will have been done by then.