SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Ouch.

The Sioux are going to have to start scanning the intramural leagues for talent if this continues.

Makes you wonder if a few depth pickups of older players in Junior hockey might get a call before the year starts?

Usually you get guys like Brent Davidson who plays a game or two here or there his first year, then gradually gets more playing time each year of his career. It might be totally reverse for some of the walk-ons that came in this year. A lot of them have played most of the games this year. Makes you wonder how playing a lot one year then not getting to play much subsequent years might take its toll. We saw that Mitch MacMillan, a recruited player, left St. Cloud from the drop-off in playing time from one year to the next. Do walk-ons have a different look at losing playing time? One would think that it is inevitable that a few of the guys playing this year won't being playing as much next year. The nice thing is that they certainly will push the guys that are in the lineup down the road, because they've had a taste of bigtime college hockey and certainly will want to stay in the lineup.

The sad thing is that its only early January.....you're telling me that no other player is going to get hurt this season?

This team making the NCAA tournament would be one of the greatest feats in UND hockey history. If things stay the same, UND will be playing with three lines against the gophers.....yikes....

The sad thing is that its only early January.....you're telling me that no other player is going to get hurt this season?

This team making the NCAA tournament would be one of the greatest feats in UND hockey history. If things stay the same, UND will be playing with three lines against the gophers.....yikes....

Agree! Geez.

Would Chad Johnson be miffed if the Sioux brought in a Tommy Schutt from Lincoln who the Sioux were originally looking at a year or so ago? How about a Jared Hanson with Lincoln who is a 1993 birthdate with good size and 14 goals? Might be a little more miffed with the latter being their 2nd leading scorer. Of course there are educational eligibility questions that would need to be answered, but it does beg the question, do you possibly burn a bridge for a player to help fill out a lineup this year? At least with Chad Johnson they would have someone they know and have a relationship with. Who would have thought with our unbelievable depth last year that we would be going from feast to famine.

Would Chad Johnson be miffed if the Sioux brought in a Tommy Schutt from Lincoln who the Sioux were originally looking at a year or so ago? How about a Jared Hanson with Lincoln who is a 1993 birthdate with good size and 14 goals? Might be a little more miffed with the latter being their 2nd leading scorer. Of course there are educational eligibility questions that would need to be answered, but it does beg the question, do you possibly burn a bridge for a player to help fill out a lineup this year? At least with Chad Johnson they would have someone they know and have a relationship with. Who would have thought with our unbelievable depth last year that we would be going from feast to famine.

It has surprised the hell out of me that UND hasn't brought a player in mid year. I'd love to hear from the coaches why they haven't tried to bring someone in, or if there is something holding them from bringing a player or two in.

I would be surprised if Grimaldi plays another game in a Sioux uniform... I mean come on unless you tore your ACL how can you be out this long...my bet he heads to major juniors next year

If it was an ACL tear, he would have/should have had surgery...period. Zero chance of that scenerio IMO. The training/medical/coaching staff would be totally negligent if that was the case. He has a pro career ahead of him and no pro team is going to invest in a kid with a torn ACL that hasn't been surgically repaired. To your major juniors comment, the way things have gone with this program lately it wouldn't shock me. I think on the limited info out there that he is not playing again this year.

I would be surprised if Grimaldi plays another game in a Sioux uniform... I mean come on unless you tore your ACL how can you be out this long...my bet he heads to major juniors next year

There are injuries that just require rest to heal and activity in itself can cause it to flare up. Even the casual athlete has incidence where the doctor will tell him to just stay inactive for a period. Plenty of reasons for an athlete to be inactive for a long time, and this is just an odd new one that not many people have heard of before.

Hak can control injuries to Rodwell, Lamoureux, and Knight?

Hak can control an injury to Forbort that happen at the WJC in Edmonton?

Hak can control that one of Grimaldi's knee caps developed properly but the other didn't?

Hak must be god-like.

It's highly unlikely that he's going to bolt for juniors. He chose UND and made a commitment. To me, Rocco doesn't seem like the type of guy who's not going to honor a commitment he's made.

• Upvote 3

fire hak? for mismanaging players so much

Here we go again. Let's fire coach Hakstol because he can’t control the injuries this team sustained during the first half of the season. Let’s fire Hakstol whose teams have been to the frozen four 5/7 times and whose teams have won three League playoff championships and two regular season championships.

Knight and Forbort could be back for Minnesota, and I wouldn't be surprised of Lammy made sure he's on the ice for that series.

Rumor mill has it that Forbort blew his knee when he went awkwardly into the boards when he was checked from behind and will not play the rest of the year. Hopefully we'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Tough month coming up with Minnesota, at St Cloud, Wisconsin and then at Duluth. We at least need Knight and Lammy during that stretch.

Rumor mill has it that Forbort blew his knee when he went awkwardly into the boards when he was checked from behind and will not play the rest of the year. Hopefully we'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Tough month coming up with Minnesota, at St Cloud, Wisconsin and then at Duluth. We at least need Knight and Lammy during that stretch.

Ouch, that wouldn't be good news if true. UND's got a tough stretch, usually I would be happy to see injuries to the UND team since i'm a Gophers fan and we've been through it the past few years, but man I feel bad. I'm not sure i've ever seen a college team battle this many injuries and ineligibilities all season.

this should make oxbow smile-maybe the sioux with all thier injuries can pull off a what the packers did last year and win the whole damn thing despite have an ungodly amount of injuries. :)

+1.

Go Pack Go! ;)