SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

There is so much wrong with this post I dont even know where to start. To claim that Hakstol is instilling the right culture of class is laughable. It all starts with him. He is THE reason why the Sioux act like the cheap hacks they are.

Excuse me while I...... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now THAT is laughable.

Excuse me while I...... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now THAT is laughable.

The only thing laughable on this site are the Whioux fans delusions about what took place this past weekend. The Whioux were getting blown out at home to their arch rival so naturally they decided to goon it up.

The Gophers on the other hand take several dangerous runs in an attempt to be a 'physical team', some which were called and others that werent, leading to at least two injuries in what could easily have been more - and their approach is complete avoidance to the issue while redirecting to UNDs behavior. No admittance of wrong, apologies, or owning up to the illegal hits and chirping all weekend. Both teams made mistakes, the Gophers definitely aren't above reproof, yet to most reading the articles now and certainly to most Gopher fans, what's seen and what will be remembered is the 'proof' of UNDs fault being admitted by Kristo's apology and Blood's loss of the 'A'.

come on. frattin admitted to intentionally taking that run at wehrs to get the energy level up on the sioux bench. intentionally made a hit (launching himself in the air) that gave an opponent a concussion for the sake of getting his team momentum. no apology. the only achnoledgement on the hit was that he felt his team needed a pick-me-up. look at what malone did to players last year. and you want to talk about dangerous runs at opponents?

lucia benched parenteau last year for dropping the gloves against michigan tech. but you wont hear about that on this forum. as for the hansen hack- it wasnt a fraction of what zajacs cross check on anderson was- and alts hit wasnt a fraction of what kristos was. all of them were in the wrong- but it goes both ways.

Exactly at the 6 second mark you can see Mac was hit in the back of the head with a shoulder.

Well Gooner, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this on. Or else we can continue this pissing contest on facebook later :lol:

After watching this past weekend's series I have started to come to a conclusion about this year's team. They are not as tough as previous teams - but are trying to act like they are. This team does not have the physical checking forwards that past teams had. The guys like Radke-Prpich, guys who had obviously been in fights before UND and knew how to go about instigating and/or defending teammates.

The guys on this years team try to act tough and try to play Hak's style of hockey but really aren't intimidating anybody. Teams from the past 5-6 years could intimidate teams and wear them down. This year not so much.

The act by Blood at the end of the game really personifies it.

• Upvote 1

After watching this past weekend's series I have started to come to a conclusion about this year's team. They are not as tough as previous teams - but are trying to act like they are. This team does not have the physical checking forwards that past teams had. The guys like Radke-Prpich, guys who had obviously been in fights before UND and knew how to go about instigating and/or defending teammates.

The guys on this years team try to act tough and try to play Hak's style of hockey but really aren't intimidating anybody. Teams from the past 5-6 years could intimidate teams and wear them down. This year not so much.

The act by Blood at the end of the game really personifies it.

One guy that I need to see fight someone is Stephane Pattyn....I mean you see him out there screaming and hollering and throwing the body around quite a bit, you wonder how he could handle himself in a fight. I think in both series against goldy he challenged guys, but rarely is the time nowadays where you'll see a fight in college hockey.

Not that fighting is the answer, but I'll never forget when Mike Prpich fought Peluso from Duluth in the first game of the year in the hall of fame game. That was the only fight that Prpich got into that entire year, but showed teams what the hell they would be dealing with if they tried to mess with the Sioux. Here is the link so people can remember...

The only thing laughable on this site are the Whioux fans delusions about what took place this past weekend. The Whioux were getting blown out at home to their arch rival so naturally they decided to goon it up.

Cry a little more. If you don't like our opinions, you can go back to GPL where you're in the majority. I'd be more concerned about CC than about the goons on our team if I were you.

come on. frattin admitted to intentionally taking that run at wehrs to get the energy level up on the sioux bench.

after listening to the coaches show, it seems there is a nickname for the corner in which Mr.Wehrs got laid out twice. Hennessey mentions the "Wehrs Corner" of which Hak says he won't touch that one. lol.

During the coaches show, Hak discussed the SIOUX - moo u bball game at first. And yeah, he refused to comment on the Wehrs corner stuff, but Hennessey did bring it up about some mascot or something falling face first and getting up a little woozy in that same area of the Ralph.

In hockey stuff, Hak talked about the awesome atmosphere in the Ralph on Friday. He discussed lack of energy Saturday that caused SIOUX to chase the game all night and a lack of dictating how the game should play out. Hak felt that even at 5-2 had a chance to get back in the game, especially with goofs not being totally sharp.

The after game festivities on Saturday, Hak was not happy about the whole deal. Discussed three points of responsibility: us-handled by coaching staff and Blood knows he screwed up; media - FSN boys did ok, but Wally Shaver was wrong and Hak is upset with him. Referring to SIOUX as "hose heads" was really crossing the line. Hak refers to tape and at the 0:00 mark, #21 comes of the bench as a 6th skater and two hands Blood in the legs. Hak states, "you wonder why Ben was a little bit upset?" Hak gives credit to players of both teams for not escalating the situation (I assume this was the third area of responsibility Hak eluded to). Hak stated that Blood was flat wrong in the handshake line, however, Hak stated that a verbal jab in the handshake line is not different than a physical jab in the handshake line. Hak stated that one is obviously more visible, but it has been dealt with. Hak stated that Wally being 200 feet away from the rink and the intensity of the situation really has no business making any comments. Hak stated that he hoped Wally just made a mistake and Hak went on to point out that he himself has sure made his fair share of em. Hak stated that he wanted to stick up for his boys for what really happened on the ice. Hak stated that he was certainly not condoning (sp?) anything that Blood did, but it had been dealt with.

Hak discussed injuries. Parks will be on bus, but everyone else is out, including adding one to the MASH unit (odonnell, which Hak will know the full story on him by Friday). Cor-ban being about 90 percent all last weekend and then having some issues due to blocking shot with hand on Friday. Hak stated that guys did great job stepping up when Kristo made a "careless play." Hak stated that Kristo deserved the five and game. Hak stated that the boys can't commit these penalties in our present state.

Hak answered question about goaltending. Hak stated that there's no controversy, but we have two pretty good goalies, but we need more consistency out of goalies. Need to up the ante in terms of goalies. Hak stated "don't be shocked if you seen two goalies start this weekend."

Hak asked about Rocco and redshirt. Hak stated that redshirt is available, if in fact decision is made to end season and have surgery. Hak stated that Rocco is skating, but not consistantly. But overall decision on his situation still has not been made, but it seems to be coming soon.

Hak discussed st. clown and they're goalie Faraugher (sp?). Stated that CC did not get to critical areas against clownies, which led to split. Hak stated that the clown's concrete palace is loud and rowdy. Should be good.

There you have it.

Can someone send me the link please.

You can listen to this here. [click to listen]...

I listened to the Coaches show and got on the show late and right after Hakstol said lets talk about the games this weekend. I was on my way to bed and Hrkac pinged me on Twitter, I went back and listened and I can't believe this hasn't gone viral either.

What are you talking about, they have already hung their first half champion banner :lol:

Yeah, they hang banners for every little thing they win down there. They even have two AAU title banners from the early 20th century hanging from the rafters. We hang banners for WCHA and NCAA titles and we have one banner with all our WCHA playoff titles listed on it and that is it. And I hope it stays like that.

Hak discussed st. clown and they're goalie Faraugher (sp?). Stated that CC did not get to critical areas against clownies, which led to split. Hak stated that the clown's concrete palace is loud and rowdy. Should be good.

There you have it.

This is my big concern about this weekend. On Saturday night against Minnesota, we didn't get into those critical areas. Both of our goals were from the outside and that usually isn't good enough to win at this level. We need to get into the goaltender's kitchen and make his life uncomfortable or else we stand a chance to get shut-out twice this weekend.

Yeah, they hang banners for every little thing they win down there. They even have two AAU title banners from the early 20th century hanging from the rafters. We hang banners for WCHA and NCAA titles and we have one banner with all our WCHA playoff titles listed on it and that is it. And I hope it stays like that.

Those AAU banners are national titles, the programs first two. Why would those not be hung? I don't like the NCAA runner-up banners but everything else hanging should be.

Those AAU banners are national titles, the programs first two. Why would those not be hung? I don't like the NCAA runner-up banners but everything else hanging should be.

What teams did you beat for those AAU titles? Were they tournament titles or beauty contests like the Bull Crap Series in football? Those are questions I would want answered.