SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Four Questions with Mitch MacMillan

Q. How did the transfer from St. Cloud State to UND come about?

A. I wasn’t playing too much in St. Cloud and I thought I had to make a change just to further my hockey career. I just left my options open when I first made the decision to leave and this was one of the phone calls I got. It definitely became first on my list just because of the program and the coaching staff here and having a chance to play with Mark (brother) again.

I just noticed if the WCHA playoffs started today we would be playing...wait for it...Michigan Tech. At Michigan Tech. Wow.

We need to pick up a spot or 3 directly.

This team's goal should be nothing more at this point than getting home ice and getting to St. Paul for the F5. ODonnell now out...possible another Rodwell scenerio? Blood might be lost for a game next weekend? Rocco still no where on the radar and Forbort day to day. Tough sledding to say the least.

This team's goal should be nothing more at this point than getting home ice and getting to St. Paul for the F5. ODonnell now out...possible another Rodwell scenerio? Blood might be lost for a game next weekend? Rocco still no where on the radar and Forbort day to day. Tough sledding to say the least.

Blood will play next weekend. [Box Score]

NDK-8 Ben Blood (2-Roughing) 20:00

NDK-9 Ben Blood (10-Misconduct)

Blood will play next weekend. [Box Score]

You assume McLeod won't chime in on Monday or Tuesday.

I said it at the end of regulation: They should've sent both teams off the ice without a handshake after Saturday's game. But no, Don Adam proves his baffoonish lack of game control again.

PS - Whatever happened to the "if you can go from the bench to the locker room without stepping onto the ice that's what you do" rule? Minnesota was coming onto the ice after each period. That used to be first a warning then a bench minor.

You assume McLeod won't chime in on Monday or Tuesday. I said it at the end of regulation: They should've sent both teams off the ice without a handshake after Saturday's game. But no, Don Adam proves his baffonish lack of game control again. PS - Whatever happened to the "if you can go from the bench to the locker room without stepping onto the ice that's what you do" rule? Minnesota was coming onto the ice after each period. That used to be first a warning then a bench minor.

The Rules don't apply to the Gophers and it was a big mistake to let those two teams shake hands after the game, the officials are culpable for that one as well, this game was a potential Power Keg and Don “I make Sh*t up as I go” Adam, true to form let the game get out of hand again. His buddy Todd Anderson is just as bad…

McLeod could spend all Monday and Tuesday reviewing the game film but in the end it’s probably better to let sleeping dogs lie. They keep looking and they will end up with one of their players suspended as well.

Edited by Goon

Well a little perspective here. Coming into this weekend UND and Tech were heading in seperate directions. UND draws the league leader while Tech gets cellar dweller Anchorage. Plenty of games between now and March 9, including Tech coming to GF in a month.

• Upvote 1

i did sell my tickets lol to make money and im damn glad i did with that display we put on last nite

Might as well go on over to GPL and support your new team over there then. :D

I don't know if I've ever seen a "non-negative" post from you.

If Hakstol were to bring a national title to this team...instead of being happy about it, you would say "Blais would have won one sooner".

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else think Blood seemed a little slow this weekend, didn't seem like he was skating like normal, he may be a little dinged up like the rest of the team or just getting run down with the ungodly amount of ice time he logs. Twelve league games left lets finish strong.

I thought that I read that Blood played 35 minutes last night so he might be a bit run down.

You assume McLeod won't chime in on Monday or Tuesday.

PS - Whatever happened to the "if you can go from the bench to the locker room without stepping onto the ice that's what you do" rule? Minnesota was coming onto the ice after each period. That used to be first a warning then a bench minor.

McLeod would actually wait until Thursday.

Denver does the same crap after each period, too, and nothing is done about it.

McLeod would actually wait until Thursday. Denver does the same crap after each period, too, and nothing is done about it.
This is why I am happy we are breaking away from the WCHA. The teams are supposed to go to the locker room not pile on to the ice after each period. I am not sure why the WCHA leadership likes to look the other way all of the time. The rules are there for a reason. Edited by Goon

Minnesota and DU (and BC) pile onto the ice after periods to "meet and great" their goalie, and set up a potential powder keg.

Either:

(a) the "leaving the bench" penalty needs to be called, or

(b) UND should change to jerseys of the colors of "dehydrated urine" and "bloody stool" like the teams that get away with it.

Hakstol has revoked Blood's 'A'

"Regardless of any provocation, Ben's actions in the post-game handshake were not acceptable," said Hakstol. "The handshake line is a traditional, gentlemanly part of our game where, at the end of a hard-fought battle, opponents show good sportsmanship and shake hands like men."

Hakstol added that Blood will be subject to further internal team disciplinary actions.

"I'm not proud of my behavior," said Blood. "That's not how I want to represent our program, and that's not how we handle ourselves here. I understand and respect the punishment, and I'll move forward and not let my emotions get the best of me in the future."

Danny Kristo Tweeted the following:

I am sorry for my actions that took place on friday night. I am an intense person and let my emotions get the best of me. Sorry to you fans

And now we find O'Donnell has a "significant" injury: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

And Parks may have been hurt by a CFB by Alt. (Same source.)

Did that say Alt injuried Parks with a CFB? Gee, is that the same choir boy Alt that took a 5 and misconduct on a CFB hit to Lamoureux?

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

Too bad college hockey doesn't allow Mr. MacWilliam to give Mr. Alt a little "face time". Apparently he's earned it.

• Upvote 1

And now we find O'Donnell has a "significant" injury: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

And Parks may have been hurt by a CFB by Alt. (Same source.)

Did that say Alt injuried Parks with a CFB? Gee, is that the same choir boy Alt that took a 5 and misconduct on a CFB hit to Lamoureux?

http://www.undsports...DB_OEM_ID=13500

Too bad college hockey doesn't allow Mr. MacWilliam to give Mr. Alt a little "face time". Apparently he's earned it.

Well this certainly does not bode well for our season and that is not a knock on our guys. With these injuries mounting we just won't have the bodies to mount any sort of second half surge. I commend the boys and wish us the best but we very well could be looking at no Final Five and no NCAA tourney. So basically anymore injuries and we are really screwed.