SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

I don't know if he head gotten his offer from NDSU yet or not. He might of. NDSU was certainly talking with him. I know when NDSU announced their recruit from South Dakota that just recently committed they said he was talking with the South Dakota schools but that the South Dakota schools just hadn't made their official offers yet. I am sure it was the same here. Although I would imagine that now that he has committed to UND, Fargo will act like they were ever going to offer him or that they were ever interested.

I don't know if he head gotten his offer from NDSU yet or not. He might of. NDSU was certainly talking with him. I know when NDSU announced their recruit from South Dakota that just recently committed they said he was talking with the South Dakota schools but that the South Dakota schools just hadn't made their official offers yet. I am sure it was the same here. Although I would imagine that now that he has committed to UND, Fargo will act like they were ever going to offer him or that they were ever interested.

Correction Fargo wil act like they never were going to offer him and that they were never interested.

We were interested...Supposedly he really wanted to be a Bison according to somebody at BV who knows Labat's family

That said, looks like an offer never came...

http://twitter.com/#...229104861425664

Untrue. He was not leaning to NDSU ever. Your NDSU source in DL also said Mollberg's family liked NDSU and he wanted to go there. You guys need to stop lying once you don't get a kid - offered or not.

Untrue. He was not leaning to NDSU ever. Your NDSU source in DL also said Mollberg's family liked NDSU and he wanted to go there. You guys need to stop lying once you don't get a kid - offered or not.

Why would somebody lie in regards to working with the kids dad? He said this a week ago and for the record I can't remember him ever saying anything about Mollberg....KTF is a pretty solid poster....

My coworker is Brian's dad. From what I hear, the coaches have told him that he needs to put together a good senior year than they will talk. He really wants to be a Bison.

http://www.bisonvill...5839#post545839

For the record I don't get why I'm lying. Do we really need to jump all over each other about this petty crap? I understand there are a ton Bison trolls here but I am not here to troll but if I can't even post things I've heard or facts whats the point.....

• Upvote 1

1. NDSU just got a verbal tonight from a back from Milwaukee (Marcus Horne). He had offers from all but 2 of the MAC teams and was starting to get strong interest from several Big Ten schools. Had 3 Preferred walk on offers from the Big Ten. He was apparently at the UNI game this weekend and verballed right after the game. I saw several recruits on the field before the game. If a recruit visits the Fargodome on a game day and the Alerus on a game day, which do you suppose he will be more impressed with?

Is it a habbit for ndsu coaches or media to write stories on players committing when they haven't? According to Dom Izzo this kid didn't commit last week. First Molberg, now this kid, might want to follow up before you come here posting this stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post about a kid who didn't commit to ndsu on the UND recruiting thread.

Ira - had Labat received an offer from SU or were they just talking?

I don't know that they had offered him. They were talking to him and certainly looking at him. Bohl and Vigen made sure they wore their yellow costumes and stood on the sidelines when they came down to scout him. (Mollberg was't playing that game and they were there to watch LaBatt.) I think the biggest problem was he wouldn't have qualified academically. Brian has above a 4.0 GPA and his ACT is 29 or 30. I believe you still need to be below 16 to get in and to the AC have a waiver from Joe Chapman to if your GPA is above a 2.5. ( I think Joe is still in his hidey hole somewhere in Colorado so I don't know what the heck they will do if they get a few recruits who happen to be good students.)

• Upvote 1

We were interested...Supposedly he really wanted to be a Bison according to somebody at BV who knows Labat's family

That said, looks like an offer never came...

http://twitter.com/#...229104861425664

Because I am an alumnus I can't talk to these kids about going to UND but he never once indicated he "really wanted to be a Bison" . Tell the somebody they don't know what they are talking about. The DL coaches said he was leaning toward UND all along and when he got his offer he commited. I did not hear your guys had offered and he didn't wait to see if the offer was coming. The Detroit Lakes kids do not all want to be Bison. We have not lost a DL kid to the Bison in almost 20 years.

Is it a habbit for ndsu coaches or media to write stories on players committing when they haven't?  According to Dom Izzo this kid didn't commit last week.  First Molberg, now this kid, might want to follow up before you come here posting this stuff.  Thanks for taking the time to post about a kid who didn't commit to ndsu on the UND recruiting thread.

Once again Dom/Jeff, the two head cheerleaders down there, reported it with no media outlet actually confirming it. They reported it one day before Wissports picked up on it. Makes a person wonder how they knew to call the players coach if they didn't see it in the media.

Once again Dom/Jeff ... reported it with no media outlet actually confirming it. They reported it one day before Wissports picked up on it. Makes a person wonder how they knew to call the players coach if they didn't see it in the media.

I've wondered how certain members of Fargo media just seem to know the right day and time to call a recruit to see if they've committed somewhere.

record?

are you speaking of your long stupid fight with the ncaa.............. this has been gone over again and again you lose

Look up his posts. His short history shows every post is this:

No "Troll" posts. Posts whose sole purpose is to taunt or generate anger are not allowed. Such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff.

Brian Labatt, one of the two Detroit Lakes commits, was named to the Academic All State team. I think this kid will be fun to see develop and it will be interesting to see where they end up playing him. I believe he will be one of the gems of this recruiting class. He has great potential.

Brian Labatt, one of the two Detroit Lakes commits, was named to the Academic All State team. I think this kid will be fun to see develop and it will be interesting to see where they end up playing him. I believe he will be one of the gems of this recruiting class. He has great potential.

I'm sure these kids are excited by the words...Big Sky!!

• Upvote 1