SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Below is a list I copied from CHN.com of UND's upcoming recruiting classes. Are any of these guys no longer in the pipeline? And is there anyone in the pipeline who is not listed?

Ausmus, Trey D 5-11   161 2004-05-07 East Grand Forks, Minn.    
Benoit, Nate D 6-1    187 2002-11-26 Concord, N.H.    
Croal, Cody LW 5-11   174 2003-06-17 North Branch, Minn.    
Emerson, Michael F 6-2    190 2003-12-26 Yorktown Heights, N.Y.    
Hedquist, Hobie G 6-2    194 2003-02-14 Heron Lake, Minn.    
Klee, David F 6-3    187 2005-05-10 Castle Rock, Colo.    
Livanavage, Jake D 5-10   174 2004-05-06 Gilbert, Ariz.    
Panzer, Jaksen F 5-10   170 2004-04-08 Grand Forks, N.D.    
Perron, Jayden F 5-8    157 2005-01-11 Winnipeg, MB    
Singleton, Bowden F 5-9    154 2004-05-15 Calgary, Alb.    
Slipec, Grayden F 5-9    185 2005-03-06 Surrey, B.C.    
Strathmann, Andrew D 5-11   174 2005-02-27 Beach Park, Ill.    
Wiebe, Abram D 6-3    198 2003-08-28 Mission, B.C.   2022-VGK-7
Jubenvill, Jayden D 6-0    187 2003-06-19 Gilbert Plains, MB    
McInnis, Keith D 6-1    181 2006-01-08 Red Deer, Alb.    
Swanson, Mac F 5-7    163 2006-01-10 Anchorage, Alaska    
Boisvert, Sacha C 6-2    165 2006-03-17 Trois-Rivières, Que.

18 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Below is a list I copied from CHN.com of UND's upcoming recruiting classes. Are any of these guys no longer in the pipeline? And is there anyone in the pipeline who is not listed?

Ausmus, Trey D 5-11   161 2004-05-07 East Grand Forks, Minn.    
Benoit, Nate D 6-1    187 2002-11-26 Concord, N.H.    
Croal, Cody LW 5-11   174 2003-06-17 North Branch, Minn.    
Emerson, Michael F 6-2    190 2003-12-26 Yorktown Heights, N.Y.    
Hedquist, Hobie G 6-2    194 2003-02-14 Heron Lake, Minn.    
Klee, David F 6-3    187 2005-05-10 Castle Rock, Colo.    
Livanavage, Jake D 5-10   174 2004-05-06 Gilbert, Ariz.    
Panzer, Jaksen F 5-10   170 2004-04-08 Grand Forks, N.D.    
Perron, Jayden F 5-8    157 2005-01-11 Winnipeg, MB    
Singleton, Bowden F 5-9    154 2004-05-15 Calgary, Alb.    
Slipec, Grayden F 5-9    185 2005-03-06 Surrey, B.C.    
Strathmann, Andrew D 5-11   174 2005-02-27 Beach Park, Ill.    
Wiebe, Abram D 6-3    198 2003-08-28 Mission, B.C.   2022-VGK-7
Jubenvill, Jayden D 6-0    187 2003-06-19 Gilbert Plains, MB    
McInnis, Keith D 6-1    181 2006-01-08 Red Deer, Alb.    
Swanson, Mac F 5-7    163 2006-01-10 Anchorage, Alaska    
Boisvert, Sacha C 6-2    165 2006-03-17 Trois-Rivières, Que.

I believe that looks accurate but of those I think I would be surprised to see Singleton and Ausmus make it to campus and probably Hedquist as well. 

25 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I believe that looks accurate but of those I think I would be surprised to see Singleton and Ausmus make it to campus and probably Hedquist as well. 

Why Hedquist? 

He was the BCHL’s 1st star of the week and just set his franchise shutout record. Has a .951 save percentage in his last 10 games. Seems to be doing well up there. 

If they don’t think he’s ready then they need to let him go now instead of continuing to string him along. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Why Hedquist? 

He was the BCHL’s 1st star of the week and just set his franchise shutout record. Has a .951 save percentage in his last 10 games. Seems to be doing well up there. 

If they don’t think he’s ready then they need to let him go now instead of continuing to string him along. 

This. Still hate at least the optics of the Ethan Bowen decommitment. I hope we see Hedquist next year (along with a Transfer from the Portal). 

• Upvote 1

Quite a few fans have suggested that Karl would be a good choice to replace Berry.   I wonder if our recent woes in recruiting and developing goalies will influence those opinions.   He's much more than just a goalie coach now, but he has surely had an important role in choosing and developing netminders.  

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Quite a few fans have suggested that Karl would be a good choice to replace Berry.   I wonder if our recent woes in recruiting and developing goalies will influence those opinions.   He's much more than just a goalie coach now, but he has surely had an important role in choosing and developing netminders.  

Maybe it is time to bring in some new blood? We haven't had an open coaching search since 1994 when Gino was pushed out and Blais was hired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burd said:

It certainly has influenced my opinion. I think we all loved Karl the goalie. Fighting Sioux legend. But to the ones who advocate for him to be the next head coach at UND, I would question his ability to recruit and identify talent. If he can’t sign the right goalies, how would he do with the forward and defenseman positions? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Why Hedquist? 

I guess just based on history and the fact he has been our only goalie commit for a while and we keep hitting the portal. Maybe I'm wrong and they bring him in but I also think we hit the portal again as well. I can't imagine we roll with Hellsten, Hedquist and Johnson next year. 

13 hours ago, burd said:

How soon they forget Karl got Drizzy here. 

Until this team commits to team defense, Hasek/Brodeur/Roy would have trouble keeping it above 0.900. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Not sure what type of defenseman Ausmus is supposed to be, but obviously we need guys that are defensive defensemen as well.  If he is like Gage, that would be great.  Since he is a 2004, and has had injury issues, I don't think a larger sample size would hurt.  I remember that Andrew Peski's USHL stats didn't jump off the page, but he ended up being a very good player for UND.  

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Not sure what type of defenseman Ausmus is supposed to be, but obviously we need guys that are defensive defensemen as well.  If he is like Gage, that would be great.  Since he is a 2004, and has had injury issues, I don't think a larger sample size would hurt.  I remember that Andrew Peski's USHL stats didn't jump off the page, but he ended up being a very good player for UND.  

Not sure how he has developed the past few years (and he's been injured a ton) but at EGF he was basically the exact opposite of his brother. Trey is much more of the offensive style d man vs, Gage who is/was your typical stay at home d man. 

31 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Not sure how he has developed the past few years (and he's been injured a ton) but at EGF he was basically the exact opposite of his brother. Trey is much more of the offensive style d man vs, Gage who is/was your typical stay at home d man. 

Most of his points have come the last 5 games, so maybe he is starting to figure something out.  Would hate to give up on someone, then have them become a force like Tucker Poolman and Paul LaDue.   The other part of the equation is what kind of scholarship money is involved.  We have had local guys just start out with minimal scholarship money, then grow that by producing on the ice.  If they are willing to wait until they are ready, and aren't preventing us scholarship wise from pursuing players that are ready for the college game, I have no problem letting it play out.  

12 hours ago, dustnyou said:

It certainly has influenced my opinion. I think we all loved Karl the goalie. Fighting Sioux legend. But to the ones who advocate for him to be the next head coach at UND, I would question his ability to recruit and identify talent. If he can’t sign the right goalies, how would he do with the forward and defenseman positions? 

Karl will never be the head coach. He’s probably not going to stick around long enough. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:53 PM, I Ranger said:

Bubs and Team are going to have some pretty tough decisions. Some local boys struggling in juniors. Good thing is they’ll have another year in the ushl. The BC might be a good option/change of scenery 

11 hours ago, tnt said:

Was always a high end offensive dman in his youth years. Was on that high end 04 Blades team. Injury issues have obv plagued him…or he hit a ceiling (like most do at some point). Panzer in a similar position.

6 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

image.png.cbbd21cf9ee34c8ba3239d388ae1c178.png Looks like this might be the commitment that was mentioned in the prospective recruits thread. 

Based on what I was told, affirmative. 

He is now the oldest recruit in the pipeline (by five months over Benoit). 

12 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

So is Komzak a Blue chippppaaaahhhh?

Can I hope he's Tucker P 2.0 (late bloomer with good mobility)?
But to still be available at age 20.5 is reason for pause. 

He put up 94 pts in 58 games in the AJHL last year. And he's 6'4" but only 190. 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/561395/tanner-komzak