SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

Stratton has to sit out over a year, and I would guess Randklev and some of the others are contingent upon who they think is ready for the next level.  Also, unless things have changed, which they very well may have, Pinto was not initially supposed to come in next year. 

Things are changing. :)

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Stratton has to sit out over a year, and I would guess Randklev and some of the others are contingent upon who they think is ready for the next level.  Also, unless things have changed, which they very well may have, Pinto was not initially supposed to come in next year. 

I'm thinking Pinto could very well be a JBD type situation, not in the 1st round draft pick sense, but someone who developed a lot faster than the coaching staff initially anticipated.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I'm thinking Pinto could very well be a JBD type situation, not in the 1st round draft pick sense, but someone who developed a lot faster than the coaching staff initially anticipated.

Yeah, quite the contrast from some of the negativism about him here when he initially committed. 

Question on Murphy Stratton: When he committed last summer, Brad’s article said he would be coming in the fall of 2019 but that he has to sit out one full year plus the first 7 games of the following season. So do we in essence “lose” a scholarship player for that year as he sits out? 

4 minutes ago, Tradition said:

Question on Murphy Stratton: When he committed last summer, Brad’s article said he would be coming in the fall of 2019 but that he has to sit out one full year plus the first 7 games of the following season. So do we in essence “lose” a scholarship player for that year as he sits out? 

My guess would be no. You would have to be a superstar for UND to enter into a scenario like that.

3 hours ago, Tradition said:

3 hours ago, tnt said:

My guess would be no. You would have to be a superstar for UND to enter into a scenario like that.

Yeah, he's not going to be on scholly, I was told.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, scpa0305 said:

Something had to happen with Costello.  He's done absolutely nothing in two years.  TBH, a move to the BCHL or even NA is probably a better idea at this point.  The kid needs to get some confidence back.

How long before UND pulls the plug on his scholarship offer? Unless he plays 2 more years of juniors.

So Caulfield, Rizzo and Pinto have now signed NLI’s. These 3 forwards replace Gardner, Jones and Janatuinen, our only 3 senior forwards. I don’t foresee any other forwards leaving early either for the pros or to transfer so what do we do with Donovan and Blaisdell? Maybe bring in one and have Johnson be our 8th defenseman? It seems that both Donovan and Blaisdell would be ready to come in next fall but there aren’t currently enough forward roster spots.

23 hours ago, Tradition said:

So Caulfield, Rizzo and Pinto have now signed NLI’s. These 3 forwards replace Gardner, Jones and Janatuinen, our only 3 senior forwards. I don’t foresee any other forwards leaving early either for the pros or to transfer so what do we do with Donovan and Blaisdell? Maybe bring in one and have Johnson be our 8th defenseman? It seems that both Donovan and Blaisdell would be ready to come in next fall but there aren’t currently enough forward roster spots.

Let’s see what Donovan does at the end of the year in the ushl first.

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

sweet

That would be a very big loss. I don't really remember Ryder ever having any references to UND on his Twitter except for his commitment tweet which is still there. Donovan is a guy should come in next year. He has a similar game to Austin Poganski but a better skater and a little more skill.

I bet this was just a bad timing issue. Donovan most likely wanted to come in next year, but there wouldn't be room. This is a loss, yes, but for the '20 class, not the '19. I would have had Donovan as the #5 forward for next years class. My guess is they are going to figure out a way to bring in 4 (which is a necessity). We know 3 that have signed already and Blaisdell would / should come in before Donovan as the fourth. I don't see any way to get to that #5 forward spot.

Good luck to him, he's a great prospect. Out of potential '19 class, he might have had the most potential (given his size), but would have also been the biggest risk. Given that he wouldn't have been in next years class (which is already stacked) and there's still a year out from the '20 class (headlined by Halliday / Bowen), this isn't as big of a loss as it might be made out to be. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits