SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't agree with this and his tweet actually is contrary to what you are saying. How can a tweet that says a recruit could potentially be leaving be seen as "building up the program" from the media? What would putting that tweet out do for the team? All it does is say that we are potentially losing a highly-touted recruit and the coaches would be asking for that to be sent? I don't get that.

It doesn't take inside knowledge to do what Schloss did in that particular tweet. He merely stated that Donovan changed his Twitter. 

haha whoa, settle down.  I am talking about all of the work, not just one tweet.  Tough to discuss through a forum setting.

As to your last sentence...you definitely could be right.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

haha whoa, settle down.  I am talking about all of the work, not just one tweet.  Tough to discuss through a forum setting.

As to your last sentence...you definitely could be right.

Not intending to be anything but settled down haha. I just don't think Schlossy is working as an information arm for UND hockey in any way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

There's a video interview on YHH talking about him playing in the HS Elite league that shows him in UMD jerseys on the pond as a wee one. He says in the video he wanted get out of town for college but probably changed his mind. You'd think watching Tufte look like a bust would steer him away.  

I'm guessing that the current state of UND hockey, combined with UMD coming off a Natty doesn't help.

Ryder also tweeted out that he was "more driven than ever" and someone commented "go be a stud at UMD"

4 minutes ago, franchise said:

Berry and Sandy should make a side bet.  Winner gets Ryder.

I don't like our chances, but they don't look great now anyway.

They need to figure out some way to neutralize Perunovich, as he makes them go.  Staying out of the penalty box would help immensely. 

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Are you suggesting Schloss is being told by the coaches what to say? So, you think the coaches are directing the media to make them look bad because a recruit is leaving? I don't understand that logic. 

Wait a sec...so your're saying the Grand Forks Herald is the media? :)

6 hours ago, TheFlop said:

If there's still any hope, hopefully he isn't at the Amsoil this weekend to witness the carnage.

8 of us will be at the Amsoil (home of the point triple odd 1 rpi) with our verbal arrows to help prevent the bloody slaughter. Since it's cornerstone was laid, UND owned the Amsoil, at least till as of late. We are capable of playing dominant there. That pendulum could swing back in our favor. With Donovan's appearance, your "still any hope", could also swing?

Feel good about this road trip, the Bulldogs slip and play dead on the ice!

Image result for dead dog ice

Sounds like Randolph talked him out of the path that would have furthered his development. 

Now I'm definitely convinced it's Duluth. He doesn't want to be away from home.

"Ryder is a very honest person," Randolph said. "He told me he was coming back, and I took his word for it."

Guess you can't always take his word:glare:

• Upvote 2

A concerning development for the direction of the program.  When was the last time that UND lost a high end committed recruit to another college program?  Not surprising when recruits that weren't panning out in juniors (like Mitchell Matson) don't make it to campus but this is huge.

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

A concerning development for the direction of the program.  When was the last time that UND lost a high end committed recruit to another college program?  Not surprising when recruits that weren't panning out in juniors (like Mitchell Matson) don't make it to campus but this is huge.

I'm not happy at all, but I think this might be an outlier. We'll see how it pans out, but he doesn't seem to be interested in going down the path that most likely leads to best possible development. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, franchise said:

Sounds like Randolph talked him out of the path that would have furthered his development. 

Now I'm definitely convinced it's Duluth. He doesn't want to be away from home.

"Ryder is a very honest person," Randolph said. "He told me he was coming back, and I took his word for it."

Guess you can't always take his word:glare:

...and let's not forget that there was no love lost between UND and Randolph because UND pushed Forbort to play for USA hockey, foregoing playing for Duluth East again. Randolph reminds me of Jim Montgomery, it's all about him.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ya...saw Schloss' tweet.  He's in the coaches back pocket so that was a designed tweet.  He must already be gone and heavily on the fence.  Jeez, in his commitment article...he's the hugger right?

Seriously? I don't think there are many that work harder than Brad. He probably sleeps 3-5 hours a night. He works non-stop. To suggest that he's a toadie of the UND hockey program is a disservice to the work Brad does. JMHO, but I think we're lucky to have him. I predict that he won't be here forever and when he leaves there will be a serious void. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Seriously? I don't think there are many that work harder than Brad. He probably sleeps 3-5 hours a night. He works non-stop. To suggest that he's a toadie of the UND hockey program is a disservice to the work Brad does. JMHO, but I think we're lucky to have him. I predict that he won't be here forever and when he leaves there will be a serious void. 

Well put. Brad Schlossman is fantastic and under appreciated 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

It would be interesting to see how they approach that with players. Hopefully they understand the draw of the State Tourney for Minnesota kids. They seem to be losing the steam we had recruiting top Minnesota kids and focusing more on Junior players. Duluth has done much better than before in top end Minnesota talent.

I know a hell of a coach who will be looking for something to do in the near future.....

has a place to stay in the area....

high level of tradition and focus that the program needs....

Bubs can concentrate on being the recruiting guy again....

Shaw can concentrate on GTFO of here again.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I know a hell of a coach who will be looking for something to do in the near future.....

has a place to stay in the area....

high level of tradition and focus that the program needs....

Bubs can concentrate on being the recruiting guy again....

Shaw can concentrate on GTFO of here again.....

Real classy.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits