Kleven -02' (D): 0-2-2 (7GP)

AJHL

Bast - 00' (D): 3-5-8 (9GP)

BCHL

Blaisdell - 01' (F): 10-9-19 (17GP)

Stratton - 99' (F): 2-10-12 (14GP)

Bowen -02' (F) 5-5-10 (17GP)

Rizzo - 01' (F): Injured, sounds like it'll still be a couple weeks

Still very early, that's why I haven't updated until this point. Besides Rizzo, who's a lock to come in next year, Blaisdell, Pinto and Caulfield have had really nice starts to their seasons and based strictly on that should be the next three coming in next year. Frisch has been receiving rave reviews in Green Bay and Bast seems to have picked off where he left off last season. Surprised by the slow starts from Mancinelli and Randklev. Bowen & Halliday seem to be acclimating well in their first years of juniors as '02s. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-boldy-and-kaliyev-rise-up-draft-rankings-1.1196164

Pinto (40) becoming a fast riser. Donovan (47) Caufield (53) and Blaisdell (54) on the list, too.

Nice having 4 guys in the top 54 on here. Good stuff.

Caulfield already has 4 goals against NCAA competition, so that's got to help his learning curve.  Would be nice to add a few more a little up the ladder with Cam York and Marcus Kallionkieli at 24 and 32 respectively. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, AJS said:

USHL

Pinto - '00 (F): 4-6-10 (8GP)

Halliday - '02 (F): 1-4-5 (7GP)

Frisch - '00 (D): 2-2-4 (7GP)

Mancinelli - '01 (F): 1-2-3 (8GP)

Randklev - '99 (F): 1-2-3 (8GP)

Costello - 00' (F): 1-0-1 (7GP)

Reid - 01' (D): 0-1-1 (7GP)

Miller - 01' (D): 1-0-1 (6GP)

Schmaltz - 01' (F): 0-0-0 (6GP)

NTDP U18

Caulfield - 01' (F): 4-3-7 (9GP)

Rowe - 01' (G): 4.58 GAA / .837 SV%

NTDP U17

Sanderson -02' (D): 0-6-6 (9GP)

Kleven -02' (D): 0-2-2 (7GP)

AJHL

Bast - 00' (D): 3-5-8 (9GP)

BCHL

Blaisdell - 01' (F): 10-9-19 (17GP)

Stratton - 99' (F): 2-10-12 (14GP)

Bowen -02' (F) 5-5-10 (17GP)

Rizzo - 01' (F): Injured, sounds like it'll still be a couple weeks

Still very early, that's why I haven't updated until this point. Besides Rizzo, who's a lock to come in next year, Blaisdell, Pinto and Caulfield have had really nice starts to their seasons and based strictly on that should be the next three coming in next year. Frisch has been receiving rave reviews in Green Bay and Bast seems to have picked off where he left off last season. Surprised by the slow starts from Mancinelli and Randklev. Bowen & Halliday seem to be acclimating well in their first years of juniors as '02s. 

Blaisdell appears to be more highly heralded than Rizzo.  Actually all of those other guys (Pinto, Caulfield, Donavon, etc) appear to be more highly heralded....at least from the NHL scouts eyes.  However, I could see Donavon playing a year in the USHL as he appears to be taking the "extremely patient" development approach.  Which is A ok in my book.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Blaisdell appears to be more highly heralded than Rizzo.  Actually all of those other guys (Pinto, Caulfield, Donavon, etc) appear to be more highly heralded....at least from the NHL scouts eyes.  However, I could see Donavon playing a year in the USHL as he appears to be taking the "extremely patient" development approach.  Which is A ok in my book.

I think it depends on the scouting service.  Craig Button sometimes has things a little different than others.  The last Central Scouting release had Rizzo as a B rated prospect and Blaisdell a C.  

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/300549566/binary-file/file.pdf

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think it depends on the scouting service.  Craig Button sometimes has things a little different than others.  The last Central Scouting release had Rizzo as a B rated prospect and Blaisdell a C.  

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/300549566/binary-file/file.pdf

I think Button only ranked players he’s seen play this season. (He’s said that in past years with his list) With Rizzo being injured that could be part of it. 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, scpa0305 said:

Sure, but this kid is very highly toughted.  If  Thome and Scheel are playing well I would absolutely try and convince Rowe to play a year in the USHL. But if there is even a slight weakness at the goalie position I would bring him in.  Either way the kid needs to play so I’d be fine either route.

I guess looking at his numbers I just don't see it.  Last save percentage over .900 was as a second year bantam.  Thome's numbers weren't much better through juniors.  At least Scheel put together a solid season at Pentiction, but it looks to me like we are bringing in a lot of big goalies with sub-par numbers lately.

16 minutes ago, jpiehl said:

I guess looking at his numbers I just don't see it.  Last save percentage over .900 was as a second year bantam.  Thome's numbers weren't much better through juniors.  At least Scheel put together a solid season at Pentiction, but it looks to me like we are bringing in a lot of big goalies with sub-par numbers lately.

Don't look at his numbers.  He's playing a NTDP schedule....they play college teams.  Rowe is legit.

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Don't look at his numbers.  He's playing a NTDP schedule....they play college teams.  Rowe is legit.

Yeah, you don't get to be a "B' rated prospect, especially for a goalie and not have major potential.  

36 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Apparently they need the help, being a combined 0-6. :lol:

I kid, I kid.... 

Apparently! And just for enjoyment (while it lasts at least), they’re a combined 0-8 now...0-9 if you add Harvard in there. Still early, but Quinn’s departure likely being felt and definitely will longer term on the recruiting side. Also seems BC hasn’t been the same level since Cavanaugh’s departure, think a lot of people underestimated him and gave York all the credit. Hopefully there will be a few more top recruits out there for some other teams now. :D