SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

51 minutes ago, tnt said:

All EDC is sometimes very subjective.  A lot of times people think that players are a product of their team as a whole, which in some circumstances is correct.  One loss in 40 games is impressive no matter which way you look at it.  

I put absolutely zero weight in all EDC or all state in ND, or anywhere for that matter. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I seem to remember Coach Chase not winning coach of the year after Red River went undefeated, am I remembering right?

Not sure on that, but I know that there was some sort of thing where it cost money to be entered for consideration, so if someone doesn't pay the nomination fee, they are not up for consideration.  Not sure how much of that is accurate, but that is what I heard.  Maybe someone with a better understanding of the process can chime in.  

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I seem to remember Coach Chase not winning coach of the year after Red River went undefeated, am I remembering right?

Plenty of HS coaches are complete hacks and highly biased and generally incapable of being objective when selecting anyone for honors. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Plenty of HS coaches are complete hacks and highly biased and generally incapable of being objective when selecting anyone for honors. 

Been in a few of those rooms and you wouldn't believe how petty people can be because a kid represents a certain school or region.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:20 AM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

On 10/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, tnt said:

Not sure on that, but I know that there was some sort of thing where it cost money to be entered for consideration, so if someone doesn't pay the nomination fee, they are not up for consideration.  Not sure how much of that is accurate, but that is what I heard.  Maybe someone with a better understanding of the process can chime in.  

You are both correct.

13 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

When would Rowe get to campus? Great get for the staff, although I am pretty gun-shy on goalies after the whole Tomek disaster.

He should be here next year most likely. Don’t get the tomek correlation 

51 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Tomek was a highly touted goalie and the highest drafted goalie in UND history who was a massive flop.  Therefore, I'm a little hesitant to get super excited until we see him playing well under the bright lights of The Ralph.

The whole tomek situation was completely mishandled and he was brought in too early.  Kid also had a poor team attitude.  So hopefully Rowe is a good kid.

59 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Expecting Thome or Scheel to leave after this season?  I'd think it would be 2020 before we see Rowe come in as a 19 year old.

Sure, but this kid is very highly toughted.  If  Thome and Scheel are playing well I would absolutely try and convince Rowe to play a year in the USHL. But if there is even a slight weakness at the goalie position I would bring him in.  Either way the kid needs to play so I’d be fine either route.

With Tomek, you have to remember that he was injured, and that affected him greatly.

He had his hips go bad on him between Phliiy dev camp and the season I believe. The handling of that injury was suspect but at the same time he developed a terrible team attitude and didnt develop a work ethic like he needed to recover, let alone compete. 

His world junior showing earned him a chance but ultimately, he just didnt fit.

Hope for him he makes the best out of what he has available to him now..... but I would be very leary of recruiting oversees players, too many variables and due diligence is much more difficult.

Next year.    2019-2020 

Thome - Junior

Scheel - Sophomore 

Rowe USHL

Kaleb Johnson USHL or the 3rd goalie?? as  "Bob" Anderson will have graduated.

2020 - 2021

Thome  - leaves?  or senior?

Scheel - Junior

Rowe - Freshman

Johnson 3rd goalie?

2021 - 2022

Scheel - Senior

Rowe - Sophomore 

Johnson - 3rd Goalie

2022 - 2023

Rowe - Junior

Johnson Junior or senior 3rd goalie.

I dont see a blue chip goalie waiting that long to be the #1 guy.... I wonder if.... I REALLY REALLY hope Thome and Scheel are that good that they both advance by leaving early after nattys.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Next year.    2019-2020 

Thome - Junior

Scheel - Sophomore 

Rowe USHL

2020 - 2021

Scheel - Junior

Rowe - Freshman

Johnson 3rd goalie?

2021 - 2022

Scheel - Senior

Rowe - Sophomore 

Johnson - 3rd Goalie

2022 - 2023

Rowe - Junior

I dont see a blue chip goalie waiting that long to be the #1 guy.... I wonder if.... I REALLY REALLY hope Thome and Scheel are that good that they both advance by leaving early after nattys.

Neither do I.  However, goalies are always an interesting position.  If the Thome/Scheel combo prove to be a great tandem I think you see Rowe play a season in the USHL next season and get a ton of action.  The flip side of that is that will probably count as one less year at UND.  He'll be drafted pretty early.  I would guess he signs three years after his draft year.

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Next year.    2019-2020 

Thome - Junior

Scheel - Sophomore 

Rowe USHL

2020 - 2021

Scheel - Junior

Rowe - Freshman

Johnson 3rd goalie?

2021 - 2022

Scheel - Senior

Rowe - Sophomore 

Johnson - 3rd Goalie

2022 - 2023

Rowe - Junior

If he's a B prospect for the draft, who says he going to be the one on the bench?

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits