SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Would Jost be comparable to our expectations for Boeser? Higher? Lesser? Big time scorer?

Jost still has a year to develop and has a lot to prove but right now I would assume the expectations are just as high if not higher.   He is a massive get... as long as he steps foot on campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/127747/video-2015-ivan-hlinka-memorial-tournament-tyson-jost-canada/

Jost quote broken down from this vees article 

https://pentictonvees.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/vees-captain-chooses-und/

“We (Dante Fabbro and Jost) really like NCAA, we both think it’s a great route for our path to the NHL. We are the only two players here (non-CHL players) but we hope to make a stride for other players to follow suit. More and more players are coming out of the NCAA and hopefully we can make a little push.”

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/127747/video-2015-ivan-hlinka-memorial-tournament-tyson-jost-canada/

Jost quote broken down from this vees article 

https://pentictonvees.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/vees-captain-chooses-und/

“We (Dante Fabbro and Jost) really like NCAA, we both think it’s a great route for our path to the NHL. We are the only two players here (non-CHL players) but we hope to make a stride for other players to follow suit. More and more players are coming out of the NCAA and hopefully we can make a little push.”

Man this leads me to think we are getting Fabbro. Ahhhhhh please! lol....

I guess if academics are the No. 1 importance of a player who looks to be in the NHL in his future, then sure. Our advantages are there, too.

Absolutely.  But real smart kids (and their parents) understand what Harvard and Yale are too.  Think Jim Vesey.

Edited by scpa0305

Man this leads me to think we are getting Fabbro. Ahhhhhh please! lol....

This link also leads me to believe Jost is at least working on his buddy Fabbro...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3820221-und-hockey-highly-touted-recruit-jost-says-college-hockey-und-right-him

UND also is recruiting Jost’s roommate, defenseman Dante Fabbro, who is expected to visit UND in the fall.

Right after I committed, I told him it’s his turn,” Jost said.

Certainly doesn't hurt that we have 4 of his teammates including his friend/roommate Jost talking in his ear about UND.  :)

I'm not sure how much a role that plays.  I'd be curious to hear about that subject from kids who are recruited.

I know a lot of Minnesota fans were convinced they would get Boeser because of his close relationship with a couple of Minnesota recruited teammates on his USHL team, and we all know how that worked out.  Sometimes I think recruits like to choose their own path, so to speak, and not be perceived as just following others.

I'm not sure how much a role that plays.  I'd be curious to hear about that subject from kids who are recruited.

I know a lot of Minnesota fans were convinced they would get Boeser because of his close relationship with a couple of Minnesota recruited teammates on his USHL team, and we all know how that worked out.  Sometimes I think recruits like to choose their own path, so to speak, and not be perceived as just following others.

That crossed my mind.  Obviously, Fabbro and Jost are great friends, teammates, and billet brothers.  But maybe, despite all that, Fabbro would want to strike out on his own and not always be part of the duo.

Why wouldn't Bowen and Poolman want to play for Pentican?  Try this on for size, they get to see a new part of the world, test themselves against top quality competition, get a good look by the NHL.  They have no pressure, they have scholarships in their pockets and can play their butts off and have some fun.   They aren't penned in to UND until next year,  I guess it sucks to be 19 and damn good!!

Why wouldn't Bowen and Poolman want to play for Pentican?  Try this on for size, they get to see a new part of the world, test themselves against top quality competition, get a good look by the NHL.  They have no pressure, they have scholarships in their pockets and can play their butts off and have some fun.   They aren't penned in to UND until next year,  I guess it sucks to be 19 and damn good!!

The real question is; Why did they leave The Force?  They were closer to home, but not at home.  The USHL is feeding the NCAA like a it's their farm clubs.  Eades was coming in to coach.  The pieces were in place, and then they bolted.

The real question is; Why did they leave The Force?  They were closer to home, but not at home.  The USHL is feeding the NCAA like a it's their farm clubs.  Eades was coming in to coach.  The pieces were in place, and then they bolted.

Agree....and it's a much tougher league.  Much deeper.  The BCHL is good though.