SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it put a mask on your face will get broken...

To all the haters on the cuffs being green guess what the team wears gloves! The cuffs aren't going to be noticeable in the game, in fact it will probably look better with the black gloves going into the green fabric like the rest of the jersey looks. Quit pouting, you'll all end up with a jersey because you are gnomes that post on here, its just a matter of when. If the cuffs are too much for you buy a green jersey.

Jeez your faces are fragile!

Are there two different types of uniforms? The print and logo shown in posts 164 and 167 look larger than Jim's post 165. I agree that the ones with small logo/print aren't as nice as the ones with the larger logo/print.

I'm not sure they're different. "Mine" (which is the photo directly from UND's FightingSioux.com) is the only photo that shows them lying flat, not on a person/dummy. If on a person, particularly one in full pads, you'd lose a lot of the white space to the person's sides.

As Uni Watch always says, when judging a new jersey, you have to ask only one question: "Is it good or is it stupid." I say this change is mostly good. Would have been nice to see the socks, pants and helmets as well, but I guess I can wait. It would be nice to see the team go back to green helmets, gloves and pants with the white jerseys, and black equipment with the green jerseys. I think the green equipment could look really sharp with the white jersey.

First of all, I'm surprised to see the amount of negative reaction. Going to the reebok edge jersey could have been a disaster in so many ways. Have any of you seen the Oilers or Panthers or Flames NHL jerseys? I'm extremely happy they didn't include the apron strings or half sleeve striping like so many other edge jerseys. No extraneous or pointless piping = Good.

The seams on the front of the jersey dictate how big the logo can be, which is why it has been sized down slightly. I'm guessing it was either that, or get rid of the wordmark and put a bigger logo on the front. I could go either way, but I think they probably made the right choice with keeping the Sioux wordmark on the front. Also, it looks like they will stay with vertically arched lettering (VAL), which is much better than radially arched in my opinion. The white trim on the Sioux name on the white jersey is unnecessary, but not terrible. Also, don't forget they could have eliminated the logo all together and just went with North Dakota. Keep logo, VAL = Good.

The jerseys feel somewhat like a cheap replica at first, but that is simply because we are used to the heavy dazzle material and the reebok edge jerseys are much lighter weight. I don't really subscribe to all the 17% lighter company dribble, but I have to imagine the players will like this a lot. The previous jerseys were nice, but they were heavy, and seemed to hold moisture. Lighter weight = Good.

IMO, the multiple stripes on the hem and sleeves is a good thing. It will look nice on the socks as well, assuming they repeat the same stripe pattern. Again, you only have to look at some of the socks in the NHL right now to see how bad this could have been. Let's face it, stripes and hockey go hand-in-hand. That is a classic look. The green cuff on the white jersey could have been a bit smaller (similar to the black on the Chicago Blackhawks white uni) but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it paired with gloves on the ice. Also, limiting the black on the two jerseys is nice to see. While I'd like to see them get rid of the black altogether, it doesn't seem forced on the new jerseys. Stripes & limited black = Good

The shoulder patch change was expected, but I'd say as far as the hockey team, it's neither good nor stupid - more like change for change's sake.

I think the biggest detriment to these jerseys is the rounded hem. With the white jerseys especially, it is just not a good look. Putting the WCHA patch at the bottom of the hem on the back simply highlights this part of the jersey, and is a regrettable move in my opinion. Again, the shape is due to the reebok edge jersey design, but it looks silly. I'd like to see this part of the jersey cut back to a straight hem in the future. In the NHL, the Rangers actually flipped up the hem in the back and stitched it in place to make it look like a more traditional jersey during the first year they wore the design. Highlighting the already stupid rounded hem with the WCHA patch placement = Stupid.

As for the reebok wordmark on the front, with the vector logo on the back, I say colossally stupid. But, not any more so than when it was a nike swoosh right above the Sioux name. I guess I'm of the same mind as the author of this site when it comes to company names/logos on uniforms.

We haven't seen numbers or names on the backs yet, but it looks like they'll stick with the same font as before. I hope they don't stick a number on the front shoulder area, but I'm not too worried because it doesn't seem likely. Overall I think this is a great design change. I was a fan of the old jerseys, but they needed to be updated, especially the material. I think these will look sharp on the ice, especially if they go to green equipment with the white jersey.

I'm not sure they're different. "Mine" (which is the photo directly from UND's FightingSioux.com) is the only photo that shows them lying flat, not on a person/dummy. If on a person, particularly one in full pads, you'd lose a lot of the white space to the person's sides.

Ahh, it's that perspective thing. :angry:

im not a huge fan of these. just cant stand the green cuffs on the white.besides that the whites are decent imo but who the hell ok'd that green cuff?? awful idea but as someone said they may not be that noticeable with pads. ill wait to see them in full pads to give final judgement. hell this is the last year anyhow with the jerseys so not that worried about it. i think there will be a black maybe down the road. go sioux!

just thinking a little about the jerseys they really went with the same size of letering and logos that they used on the black swifts. that is because these jerseys are smaller than normal jerseys as they are the reebok edge style the nhl uses. so they went with those dimensions for the 2 shown now as they are the same style as the nike swift. another big difference is they arent dazzle material which really pops out to a human eye. those are the 2 big differences besides the striping changes

I hope the Sioux name stays but if not, it's a great design.

Ditto. The Sioux name/logo is special, but if it has to go, there's not much that can be done. I would like to see the whole uniform on ice, especially to see if they go really retro with green helmets and pants....although I doubt it with the amount of black in the jerseys.

I'm curious to see the black ones. I'm guessing they are just another similar design of the blackhawks striping on that as well. Three stripes, two green with one white and same logoing on front and shoulders.

One other thing....if the Sioux do similar vertial 3-stripes on the sides of the breezers, the whole uni could look pretty cool

im not a huge fan of these. just cant stand the green cuffs on the white.besides that the whites are decent imo but who the hell ok'd that green cuff?? awful idea but as someone said they may not be that noticeable with pads. ill wait to see them in full pads to give final judgement. hell this is the last year anyhow with the jerseys so not that worried about it. i think there will be a black maybe down the road. go sioux!

just thinking a little about the jerseys they really went with the same size of letering and logos that they used on the black swifts. that is because these jerseys are smaller than normal jerseys as they are the reebok edge style the nhl uses. so they went with those dimensions for the 2 shown now as they are the same style as the nike swift. another big difference is they arent dazzle material which really pops out to a human eye. those are the 2 big differences besides the striping changes

Im thinking the green won't really even be noticed with gloves on. It will look merely like a small green stripe

My very first instant reaction to these jerseys was not positive. Something about the striping seeming to a little too much like Munchkin fashion. But after looking at these more for a short time I like them and I think they're going to look very good on the ice.

I don't mind the rounded hem at all.

I also agree that Big HG's were super sweet. Would love to see them become reality.

I'm going to start saving for a green one, I think.

This board needs the puking icon! These jersey's suck!

I'll be waiting until the name and logo are retired and see what they come out with for jerseys then. Until then, my now "old" jerseys will do.

How can we go from having the best jerseys in college hockey to some of the worst?

Edit: and WTF is up with the women's jerseys? Horrible!!!

Does anyone see a disturbing pattern here? First the re-design of the "ND" logo and now the men's and women's jerseys. Again, not to beat a dead horse but, if/when we have to retire the Sioux name and logo, let's learn from and avoid the mistakes made by schools like Marquette and go about finding a new name the right way.

This board also needs the drama queen icon. :D

Yep. I think some people here would complain no matter what the jersey was.

I hate change! Why do we need new uniforms? I liked the way they were. These are the worst jerseys ever. Fire Hakstol! Someone must pay for this abomination and it's all his fault!!

Does anyone see a disturbing pattern here? First the re-design of the "ND" logo and now the men's and women's jerseys. Again, not to beat a dead horse but, if/when we have to retire the Sioux name and logo, let's learn from and avoid the mistakes made by schools like Marquette and go about finding a new name the right way.

the men's and women's jerseys changed because we switched to Reebok and they weren't going to use Nike's designs on their jerseys. I don't believe changing their jerseys had anything to do with the nickname.....not saying that the design may have factored in the chance of it changing, but the original idea of changing the jerseys did not.

You guys can correct me if I am remembering things wrong.

One first glance, I hated the new jerseys....until I saw them on a player. They aren't horrible, they are just not what we are used to. When comparing the two, I believe the Sioux head and the word Sioux are about the same size on both. The green sleeves won't be noticed after the gloves are on as others have pointed out. I can think of jerseys in college hockey that are worse than these. The only thing that I would really change on them is that SIOUX should not have white around it on a white jersey.....it needs to be black or green surrounding white letters or black with green letters......it seems to blend into the jersey the way it is right now.

I think they look great, a huge improvement - the old ones were okay, but I was not a fan of the diagonal stripes. It was about the only thing that Dean Blais did while he was at UND that I thought he dropped the ball on. Now the boys have championship caliber sweaters. By the way, I too like Big A HG's designs, but not nearly as much as these new sweaters - you just can't beat that Sioux logo.