SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

Yep. I think some people here would complain no matter what the jersey was.

I hate change! Why do we need new uniforms? I liked the way they were. These are the worst jerseys ever. Fire Hakstol! Someone must pay for this abomination and it's all his fault!!

We are saving that thread until after a few games. :D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I guess I didn't get the memo that Sioux Sports wasn't allowing opinions anymore.

Of course opinions are allowed.

But calling our old jerseys the best in college hockey and then the new ones the worst...when all that really changed was the stripes and the sleeve cuffs is a bit of a reach.

I hate change! Why do we need new uniforms? I liked the way they were. These are the worst jerseys ever. Fire Hakstol! Someone must pay for this abomination and it's all his fault!!

The reason we had to get new jerseys is because nike owned the rights to that jersey, therefore if reebok made the same one nike would most likely sue them...and win. Who cares about the jerseys as long as they win. Its a minor part in the big picture and i personally like them.

The reason we had to get new jerseys is because nike owned the rights to that jersey, therefore if reebok made the same one nike would most likely sue them...and win. Who cares about the jerseys as long as they win. Its a minor part in the big picture and i personally like them.

you might know this already, but Diggler as always was being sarcastic...hence the Fire Hakstol comment in there.

a minute too late on letting you know this.

I Like the new uniforms two things though. First how much are they? Second can I put in a order through the mail?

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

Not sure about the price, I believe the replicas are due into the Sioux Shop at the end of this month. The price would be available then and I would think that they would be online as well, so through the mail would be possible.

I really like the Red Pepper and Grand Forks Herald patches on the back...makes the "Reebok" in the front seem a little less offensive...:D

Not a big fan of the stripey sleeves but I guess they're ok...the new interlicking "ND" looks stupid no matter where you put it...

I guess we could always be lamer and just have a giant "ND" on the jersey; similar to a certain state just to the east...

Out off all Six jerseys (3 mens and 3 womens white, black and green) the only one that was done right was the womens black jersey. The womens white looks a little colosseum-ish to me. The womens green looks good but a little plain.

Womens jerseys.

DSC04968.jpg

The best jerseys in town as of right now.

DSC04969.jpg

The mens white the front looks ok, too much white detail on a white jersey, but not bad. the mens green i'm on the wall about, i'm gonna hafta see what it looks like with a name and number on it. The mens black is the best looking of the 3, but still lacks a little extra to me. the "reebok" on the front should have been moved off to the side with "wcha" on the opposite side. then the "sioux" could have been moved up and given a little space between the sioux and the logo, and maybe then it would appear bigger. the shoulder patch would look much better green with black and white accent, like the ND was in the geometric jerseys. even if the shoulder patch was black liek the previous, it would have been better than the white. I guess I'm partial for the color layers to match, like they most of them have;

"North Dakota" version (1990's)-

White- "North Dakota" Front; Green over Black Back Name; Green over Black

Green- "North Dakota" Front; White over Black Back Name; White over Black

Geometric-

White- "Sioux" Front; Green over Black Name Back; Green over Black Shoulder Patch; Green over White over Black

Green- "Sioux" Front; White over Black Name Back; White over Black Shoulder Patch; White over Green over Black

Black- "Sioux" Front; White over Black over Green Name Back; White over Black over Green Shoulder Patch; Green over Black over White

Previous-

White- "Sioux" Front; Black over White over Green Name Back; Black over White over Green Shoulder Patch; Black over White over Green

Green- "Sioux" Front; White over Black Name Back; White over Black Shoulder Patch; White over Green over Black

Black- "Sioux" Front; White over Black over Green Name Back; White over Black over Green Shoulder Patch; Green over Black over White

New-

White- "Sioux" Front; Green over White over Black Name Back: ? (Green over White over Black) Shoulder Patch; White over Green

Green- "Sioux" Front; White over Green over Black Name Back: ? (White over Green over Black) Shoulder Patch; White over Green

Black- "Sioux" Front; White over Green Name Back: ? (White over Green) Shoulder Patch; White over Green

Sorry I only got pics of the white. I shoudl ahve taken pics of the players wearing the green and black.

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

But IMHO, we could be wearing rainbow jerseys with a big unicorn on the front with purple names and numbers, and if we get #8 this year thats all that matters to me.

Interesting to watch Sioux Sports Extra and Hak said Reebok came to them about year ago.

The interviewer made the comment that we are the only team in NCAA with the NHL RBk uni's. Is this true?

I'm not sold but the more I see them the more they grow on me. I remember not being thrilled with our current and many people complaining about the diagonal green bottom.

I think they look pretty good, but the triangle area on the collar (where the NHL crest is on the NHL jerseys) should have been done away with if they aren't going to put anything there. It looks kind of weird on the green and black jerseys to have a big white triangle of nothingness above the Reebok logo. Maybe they should have put the RBK symbol there instead of spelling "Reebok" across the bottom of the collar. Or, they should have left that area the same color as the main jersey color. It's not as noticeable on the white jerseys because that area is black.

I'm with you here. I haven't seen the men's black yet but I like the looks of these the best.

I saw a better picture of the new Black third on Facebook last night. I like it, and it doesn't have "cuffs". :D I agree with those who don't like the "Reebok" name on the front. The RBK logo would be sharp IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the new Brad Miller Time, you can see the team WILL have three stripes on their breezers. I think adding that to them will really improve the overall look. Now I'm excited to see the on-ice look completely. The helmets and breezers primary color will still be black.