SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

Does anybody get the feeling that UND might be making a uniform switch as early as next season? Tomorrow they are selling a majority of their equipment which leads me to believe we are switching manufacturers. Currently we are with Nike/Bauer for most of the gear, is there an outside possibility we might be switching to RBK who makes all NHL jerseys and most of the USHL material? Another option is us going to Adidas like our buddies in Wisco. It would also make sense with the impending name change for UND to get a set of unis without the logo on it in case the Standing Rock 7 get their way. Am I off base here or is anybody with me on this?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they sell eqipment every year, its just that its not made public every year to buy. its all old stuff that they need to get rid of then the proceeds go back to the hockey team for future needs. nike is getting out of the hockey world so it could have a little to do with that as well but they do sell a good amount of stuff every of season. i believe gemini may be the new makers again?? i thought i saw it somewhere but i could be wrong. the logo doesnt have much to do with it imo. they can get jerseys made in no time if needed be.

so your question was new uniforms?? if their contract with nike/bauer is done then yes they will be getting new uniforms. the design doesnt have to change if they choose not to but the makers can obviously. maybe they will go to that swift style for all 3 colors when they change instead of the standard style

I've been hoping for a change in sweater design for some time so don't get my hopes up. That said, my guess has been there will be no redesign of the sweater until the nickname thing is solved. Just my guess. I'm not a fan of the diagonal stripes. I'm just not.

Just made it back from the Equipment sale. I didn't go too crazy, but it was hard not to with what the prices were at.

I bought:

-about 20 random patches/numbers (about a dozen frozen four patches, some UND125 patches, and 3's and 7's)

-blue Bauer practice jersey

-nike bauer sandals

-Taylor Chorney stick

This is what they had

Practice jerseys --- $20 to $30 depending on condition (some very new, some more used)

Nike Dri-Fit under shirts --- $20 (new)

NEW Shoulder Pads by both RBK and Nike ---$10 (sounds like a steal, but I was dumb enough not to buy any)

Used sticks --- $20 (Lots of Kozek among a few others)

New and used socks --- $2 a pair

Used Gloves ---- I want to say $10/pair, but not sure (maybe $5?)

Used Helmets w/ cages --- $20

Assorted Patches (includes nameplates, large and small jersey numbers, Frozen Four, UND125) --- All were $1 each

Breezers --- Used were $10 I think, new were $50

I think that's everything.... All the good stuff went pretty quick.

Just made it back from the Equipment sale. I didn't go too crazy, but it was hard not to with what the prices were at.

I bought:

-about 20 random patches/numbers (about a dozen frozen four patches, some UND125 patches, and 3's and 7's)

-blue Bauer practice jersey

-nike bauer sandals

-Taylor Chorney stick

This is what they had

Practice jerseys --- $20 to $30 depending on condition (some very new, some more used)

Nike Dri-Fit under shirts --- $20 (new)

NEW Shoulder Pads by both RBK and Nike ---$10 (sounds like a steal, but I was dumb enough not to buy any)

Used sticks --- $20 (Lots of Kozek among a few others)

New and used socks --- $2 a pair

Used Gloves ---- I want to say $10/pair, but not sure (maybe $5?)

Used Helmets w/ cages --- $20

Assorted Patches (includes nameplates, large and small jersey numbers, Frozen Four, UND125) --- All were $1 each

Breezers --- Used were $10 I think, new were $50

I think that's everything.... All the good stuff went pretty quick.

Those are some rediculous prices, I'm jealous. Just a quick question. Were any on the Kozek sticks in one piece?? ???

It will be very interesting to see what the front of that hockey sweater looks like. Otherwise looks great!

Sioux logo would be my guess. Since Nike has gone away from hockey, i guess the design will look like the Gemini ones shown on the link. Too bad they look just like Mankato's..... ???

Everything is gone except some socks and a couple new breezers. It was crazy.

Most of the stuff was gone by the time I stopped which was between 11:30 and 11:45 AM. Mainly just stocks and some equipment. The Sioux Shop also had some great deals. There was a selection of different sweatshirts for $15 and a selection of caps for $5. They had prices ranging from $0.50 for a #23 pin on up. I think the most expensive items I saw in the sale section were some Swift jerseys and some jackets for $75. They were still bringing out boxes of merchandise when I left.

Most of the stuff was gone by the time I stopped which was between 11:30 and 11:45 AM. Mainly just stocks and some equipment. The Sioux Shop also had some great deals. There was a selection of different sweatshirts for $15 and a selection of caps for $5. They had prices ranging from $0.50 for a #23 pin on up. I think the most expensive items I saw in the sale section were some Swift jerseys and some jackets for $75. They were still bringing out boxes of merchandise when I left.

I'm in the market for a Sioux jester hat if anyone sees one.

Oh please no. It's bad enough having that faux paus as an alternate, I think I'd blow a gasket if they went with all three.

i would love it, with time things change and the jerseys are as well with the nhl changing last season. the black swifts are my favorite jerseys. love them

I dig the black Nike Swift jerseys, but I don't think that I would want all three jersey colors in the Swift style. It's cool just to have them in reserve, for those "special" games that Hak likes to save them for. ???

they didnt wear them much at all last year. the style was designed for on ice performance for less cluth grabbing and so forth so i would look for most all teams and makers to offer this style over the years and more teams switch to it

they didnt wear them much at all last year. the style was designed for on ice performance for less cluth grabbing and so forth so i would look for most all teams and makers to offer this style over the years and more teams switch to it

did they wear them more than once?

• 2 weeks later...
it will be interesting to see what happens with the uniforms this year as some have speculated about new ones being unveiled. get your sioux jerseys now with the logos as they will be collector's items in about a year.

I wonder if ahem if AZ has any more Jerseys for sale? I really like my 1987 retro I got from him.

I might have to get a swift soon.