SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling that they are similar to the Portland jerseys (Blackhawks) in reference to logo and striping. I would expect a little twist on the jersey to define UND branding. Maybe a mix of Portland and Spokane teams from earlier link? Hak has said he's a traditional-jersey guy, correct? Whatever it is, the team will have a design of it's own as they enter a new era of Fighting Sioux Hockey. Crossing my fingers on this one.... It would be a damn shame if the new logo isn't stitched on a Championship banner.

I've got a feeling that they are similar to the Portland jerseys (Blackhawks) in reference to logo and striping. I would expect a little twist on the jersey to define UND branding. Maybe a mix of Portland and Spokane teams from earlier link? Hak has said he's a traditional-jersey guy, correct? Whatever it is, the team will have a design of it's own as they enter a new era of Fighting Sioux Hockey. Crossing my fingers on this one.... It would be a damn shame if the new logo isn't stitched on a Championship banner.

bolded above a hell of a point! lets get it!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=59522

Sioux fan fest will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the rink, and the new jerseys will be unveiled at that time. The Herald will have photos of the new jerseys tomorrow. I talked to Brad Malone today and he says the new equipment is nice and so are the jerseys. "They are old school," he says

I'll break face here just for a second....

The new uni's are traditional and a nice clean look, always a safer play. The best thing about the switch to Reebok is the death of the black jersey. We didn't win a national championship with the last jersey design, this could be a good change.

BREAK YO FACE!!!!!

Personally, I preferred the previous jerseys with the diaginal stripes. These new ones aren't bad but like another poster said, it'll take some getting used to all the stripes. Is there a push back to the more "traditional" look across college hockey?

Now, if we could only do something about CC's hockey jerseys! I'm getting tired of listening to Woog complain about them when I watch the CC/Gophers games.

Personally, I preferred the previous jerseys with the diaginal stripes. These new ones aren't bad but like another poster said, it'll take some getting used to all the stripes. Is there a push back to the more "traditional" look across college hockey?

Now, if we could only do something about CC's hockey jerseys! I'm getting tired of listening to Woog complain about them when I watch the CC/Gophers games.

Maybe the problem isn't the CC jerseys?? :angry:

Or it could be "from your parents"

Mikejm was correct it was "fixed your post" (FYP). I sat and stared at Mikejm's post last night and tried to figure out what he fixed in my post. It had been a very long week and thought maybe my brain wasn't working. It wasn't until this morning when I saw that Sica had PM'd me yesterday that FYP meant "fixed your post" that it dawned on me that Mikejm wasn't saying that he fixed my post, he was actually giving the answer to FYP. :angry:;)

Love the uniforms. ;)

Those make me want to cry, they are so ugly. I like old school, but these don't even look old school to me. They look like cheap $30 style jerseys you'd pick up at Wal-Mart or something. I was very excited to see what we'd get, but am truly disappointed. The green "cuffs" on the home jerseys need to go, it's just way to gaudy.

We went from the nicest jerseys in hockey to some of the worst.

Those make me want to cry, they are so ugly. I like old school, but these don't even look old school to me. They look like cheap $30 style jerseys you'd pick up at Wal-Mart or something. I was very excited to see what we'd get, but am truly disappointed. The green "cuffs" on the home jerseys need to go, it's just way to gaudy.

We went from the nicest jerseys in hockey to some of the worst.

I agree with you here. I like the striping, but everything else about the jerseys sucks. The Sioux logo and print is to small, the white on white ND is bad on the home jerseys, and the green cuffs on the home jerseys don't make it look old school at all. These look like little kids jerseys that you would buy at K-Mart.

I agree with you here. I like the striping, but everything else about the jerseys sucks. The Sioux logo and print is to small, the white on white ND is bad on the home jerseys, and the green cuffs on the home jerseys don't make it look old school at all. These look like little kids jerseys that you would buy at K-Mart.

The good news is that I'll save myself a couple hundred by NOT adding to my jersey collection.

Are there two different types of uniforms? The print and logo shown in posts 164 and 167 look larger than Jim's post 165. I agree that the ones with small logo/print aren't as nice as the ones with the larger logo/print.