SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I've heard some people talking recently about adopting some "non-offensive" nickname that would coincide with the current logo; I can't imagine what that would be, nor what the NCAA would allow, but it is certainly worth exploring.

How about we keep the logo and be the BRAVE.

With that we already have the end of the anthem covered. Land of the free and home of the BRAVE.

P.S. Is it the name AND logo we have to get rid of?

With that we already have the end of the anthem covered. Land of the free and home of the BRAVE.

Correct, both the logo and name

Yes, both name and logo are on the list. Anything with Native American imagery or reference. There was one school that just had 1 or 2 feathers on their logo and they had to change it.

Yes, both name and logo are on the list. Anything with Native American imagery or reference. There was one school that just had 1 or 2 feathers on their logo and they had to change it.

Poo. ;) I was really liking my BRAVE idea.

Oh yes, William and Mary, I remember now. 2 feathers. Who woulda thunk it.

Which makes the NCAA's argument that you need tribal support bogus, doesn't it? If just the symbols can be abusive, then Florida State should have to give up their name as well. All I ask for is a little consistency from the politically correct crowd.

Which makes the NCAA's argument that you need tribal support bogus, doesn't it? If just the symbols can be abusive, then Florida State should have to give up their name as well. All I ask for is a little consistency from the politically correct crowd.

Tribal support was always a bogus argument. The only consistency is that they are always right.

Poo. ;) I was really liking my BRAVE idea.

Oh yes, William and Mary, I remember now. 2 feathers. Who woulda thunk it.

Your BRAVE idea reminds me of a time...

In high school our mascot was the Mohawks and they made us change... so we became the Thunderhawks. There was a rival high school down the road who were called the Braves... and they made them change. And guess what they changed to? the BRAVE. It actually really pissed me off b/c i didn't consider that a change at all... i was young and in fact i didn't even notice the change for a few years after they apparently changed it.

And now I'm just really bitter about my school having to change for the second time in my life. haha. oh well. I apologize for my little rant just now. Needed to get that off my chest. :D

Your BRAVE idea reminds me of a time...

In high school our mascot was the Mohawks and they made us change... so we became the Thunderhawks. There was a rival high school down the road who were called the Braves... and they made them change. And guess what they changed to? the BRAVE. It actually really pissed me off b/c i didn't consider that a change at all... i was young and in fact i didn't even notice the change for a few years after they apparently changed it.

And now I'm just really bitter about my school having to change for the second time in my life. haha. oh well. I apologize for my little rant just now. Needed to get that off my chest. ;)

I'm bitter, too. I'm a SATAN...........and will never be a Firebird.

Ah! You have let the P.C. zealots persuade you. I am standing firm. :D

You are wrong!

You are a racist!

You are an evil person!

You must hereby repent by giving away all your self-respect and your ability to be responsible for your own life. Henceforth you will resort to hiding behind outdated mantra with your head in the sand.

What also would satisfy would be to march backwards until Charlemagne is once again on the throne.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Some new info I heard....from a very reliable source.

According to this person, it's rumored to be that UND will have RBK/CCM uni's for the upcoming year and not Gemini. The person made it seem like it was already a done deal, so don't shoot the messenger if it turns out to be false. Also, he said that they'd likely have the RBK Edge jerseys as well.

Some new info I heard....from a very reliable source.

According to this person, it's rumored to be that UND will have RBK/CCM uni's for the upcoming year and not Gemini. The person made it seem like it was already a done deal, so don't shoot the messenger if it turns out to be false. Also, he said that they'd likely have the RBK Edge jerseys as well.

what is the difference between rbk/ccm and gemini in their look?

what is the difference between rbk/ccm and gemini in their look?

nothing as each company can make any style but if they wear the rbk edge then those are the same as the nhl jerseys they introduced last season or whenever they did. im sure the actual style and designs will be up to hak

As far as if we actually had to put up with a new mascot. All animal names are completely bogus and would probably make me vomit. I think something very colloquial kind of like the Sooners or Hoosiers. I was thinking the Sodbusters.

As far as if we actually had to put up with a new mascot. All animal names are completely bogus and would probably make me vomit. I think something very colloquial kind of like the Sooners or Hoosiers. I was thinking the Sodbusters.

You know, that really has a nice ring to it!