SiouxSports.com Forum

New Uniforms?

breakin face

Here's my green away version. Was working on the black alternate version before my program crashed (first time it happened, so not sure why). I'll finish it later...

Added the white ones again just for a side-by-side comparison.

siouxawayconcept.pngsiouxawayconceptback.png

siouxhomeconceptfrontsmall.pngsiouxhomeconceptbacksmall.png

Looks good.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my green away version. Was working on the black alternate version before my program crashed (first time it happened, so not sure why). I'll finish it later...

Added the white ones again just for a side-by-side comparison.

siouxawayconcept.pngsiouxawayconceptback.png

siouxhomeconceptfrontsmall.pngsiouxhomeconceptbacksmall.png

I like them, especially the white. What would they look like if you add a narrow black stripe between the white and green on both? It would be kind of an accent color.

I like them, especially the white. What would they look like if you add a narrow black stripe between the white and green on both? It would be kind of an accent color.

Agreed. Needs some accent black added. Otherwise this looks much like Mich State.

That's actually not bad, but I think if it comes to it we could just as well dust off the design used in the 1993-94 and 1994-95 seasons.

Those are head and toes better than the old jereys of 1993-1995.

Agreed. Needs some accent black added. Otherwise this looks much like Mich State.

In regards to adding black...

There were some thoughts of adding some, but I had some reasonings behind how I designed them. :)

1) I wanted a fairly unique design to the jerseys, without being overdone.

2) I wanted to go back to the Sioux hockey roots of mostly just white and green. Until 1984 (so for almost 40 years), there was virtually no black on any jerseys. However, they still wore green pants and helmets.

3) It's almost impossible to avoid looking like another team. So, with my previous two reasonings, it's inevitble to have the same white/green color scheme as MSU. The jerseys are very much different than any MSU jersey though. You can argue that Boston U., Cornell, Miami, and Wisconsin all have very similar jerseys, so having merely the same color scheme as MSU is no big deal IMO.

Glad you guys like them though. ;)

In regards to adding black...

There were some thoughts of adding some, but I had some reasonings behind how I designed them. :)

1) I wanted a fairly unique design to the jerseys, without being overdone.

2) I wanted to go back to the Sioux hockey roots of mostly just white and green. Until 1984 (so for almost 40 years), there was virtually no black on any jerseys. However, they still wore green pants and helmets.

3) It's almost impossible to avoid looking like another team. So, with my previous two reasonings, it's inevitble to have the same white/green color scheme as MSU. The jerseys are very much different than any MSU jersey though. You can argue that Boston U., Cornell, Miami, and Wisconsin all have very similar jerseys, so having merely the same color scheme as MSU is no big deal IMO.

Glad you guys like them though. ;)

Personally, I don't see any concern about these being too similar to anyone else's jersey. I think the white and green's are exceptional just the way they are. No need to tinker.

I think the blacks are nice as well, but for some reason, for me, they aren't quite as pleasing to look at as the other two. I wonder if it would be nice to have something completely different for the black jersey, sort of how the Swift blacks were so different from the normal home and road jerseys. Maybe just get rid of the green trim on the sleeves and the bottom (but leave the stripe on the shoulders) or have a simple horozontal stripe on the sleeve to match the one on the bottom, rather than the canted sleeve trim. Just a thought. You've done a great job.

Personally, I don't see any concern about these being too similar to anyone else's jersey. I think the white and green's are exceptional just the way they are. No need to tinker.

I think the blacks are nice as well, but for some reason, for me, they aren't quite as pleasing to look at as the other two. I wonder if it would be nice to have something completely different for the black jersey, sort of how the Swift blacks were so different from the normal home and road jerseys. Maybe just get rid of the green trim on the sleeves and the bottom (but leave the stripe on the shoulders) or have a simple horozontal stripe on the sleeve to match the one on the bottom, rather than the canted sleeve trim. Just a thought. You've done a great job.

I somewhat agree on the blacks. They just don't "shine" per-se like the other two in my eyes. Going with something completely different might be very cool as well, I'll keep tinkering. :)

For the black alternates, maybe get rid of the "North Dakota" and enlarge the interlocking "ND" for something different?

a981_1.JPG

An old SK600 Cooper-bucket ... and here I thought they were all (thankfully) extinct.

The styrofoam packing peanut lining in those protected you from ... well, ... not much.

Maybe we could go really fugly-old-school and find some green "Mark Messier special" Winn-Well helmets.

1482128.jpg

... or not. :)

An old SK600 Cooper-bucket ... and here I thought they were all (thankfully) extinct.

The styrofoam packing peanut lining in those protected you from ... well, ... not much.

Maybe we could go really fugly-old-school and find some green "Mark Messier special" Winn-Well helmets.

Nah, go for the Goring model..

goringhelmet.jpg

1482128.jpg

If I am not mistaken Messier is wearing a win well hockey helmet.

I swear he wore the same one his whole career.