SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Per Ryan Duncan's Twitter, his Portland Pirate teammate Matt Watkins has received the call from the Phoenix Coyotes. Nothing official yet that I've seen, but Duncan is a reliable source so hopefully we'll see the 15th Sioux skate in the NHL this season, and for Mr. Tippett's squad no less!

Per Ryan Duncan's Twitter, his Portland Pirate teammate Matt Watkins has received the call from the Phoenix Coyotes. Nothing official yet that I've seen, but Duncan is a reliable source so hopefully we'll see the 15th Sioux skate in the NHL this season, and for Mr. Tippett's squad no less!

It is on Brad's blog now too... If I wasn't on the phone I would copy the link over here. Congrats Matt!

maybe he should have stayed one more year.

Getting hurt is something you can't control, and he was able to sign with his hometown team in Winnipeg. I don't think people would be saying that Rocco maybe should have went Major Juniors because this year didn't work out for him.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/23/hrkac-out-as-head-coach-at-concordia-wis/

Concordia (Wis.) announced Thursday that head coach Tony Hrkac, the program’s only coach since starting the program in 2007, will not return next season.

“I have a great deal of respect for Tony Hrkac and the time he invested in accepting the incredibly difficult task of starting our men’s hockey program,” Concordia director of athletics Dr. Rob Barnhill said in a statement. “It has been decided that it is time to move our men’s hockey program in a new direction to achieve our competitive goals. I want to thank Tony and his staff for the program that they have built and wish him and his family the very best moving forward.”

Hrkac recently completed his fifth season at CUW with a 10-109-10 overall record.

Commodore and Lee are paired together for Tampa Bay. The commentator made a comment about the coach having a hard time making D pairings because of all of the new players. He had this to say about Lee and Commodore. "They both have Fighting Sioux in their blood, they will figure it out."

Welcome to Hockey Paradise Mike Commodore and Brian Lee

Not only did the pair play solidly during even strength hockey, but both contributed quite well on the Penalty Kill, especially during the 5 Minute Major called on Malone. Throwing their weight around stymied the Habs’ power play, from hits to blocked shots to just grinding it out in the corners, these two had a big hand in tonight’s win.

I thought it was great after Don Cherry ripped Burke and him having all these college and American players on the team, the Leafs got all their scoring from a college guy and a Russian. :)

Don Cherry has made himself into a joke.

The Minnesota Wild are all but eliminated in the NHL, it'd be nice to see them have Genoway make his NHL debut. Looking at his statistics he has had a great year for the Aeros and is one of the leaders on the team in plus/minus.

Why not?