SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...

Probably old news, sorry if I missed this being posted already, but Frattin is back up with the Leafs. He logged a good amount of ice time and a couple of goals with Marlies then hopped on a plane out of Oklahoma City just in time to miss the quake. Still hasn't found the net in the big league, but getting chance to perform.

WOW,

I just found out that Brett Hextall played high school hockey for a New Jersey private school,Bishop Eustace Prep.I have been following Fighting Sioux hockey for a while now and I think he is the first player who is from NJ.A lot of the Philadelphia pro sports players and coaches live in New Jersey so that is probably how his family ended up living here.

• Upvote 1

I watched the Rangers/Pens game Tuesday, and noticed Sid the Kid is wearing the "C".

That means at least three Shattuck-St. Mary's alums are captaining their NHL teams: Crosby, Toews and Parise.

Can anyone think of more?

I saw that Gregoire is on the same team as Marto in the AHL. Jason has one goal but has only played 8 games. Wonder if he ever thinks about how much ice time and recognition he would be getting back at UND.

On another note Trupp is back from injuries in Cincy, and scored in a shootout to win the game for his team.