SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

"...they had to sew my ear back on."

Let's talk toughness. Let's talk gritty. Let's talk Ryan Johnson.

"He [Bertuzzi] came walking right in here and said 'Sorry' as soon as it happened," Johnson said. "I haven't seen it on tape. Now with the new standard, you have to come back and go through the standard tests with the doc(tor) quickly and do some things, and they had to sew my

oshie vs toews on versus mid 2nd 2-1 stl. oshie 2 points and has been awesome so far. good game, hawks are fighting for their playoff lives. chris porter also dressed for stl along with ryan johnson for hawks

Watching this one right now and Oshie is looking good, Toews is just everywhere when he's on the ice.

Four former Sioux in this game, awesome

Trying to spot some Sioux gearbin the crowd, it's tough with all the green blackhawks St paddy day jersey

Not surprised at all.

I am not surprised at all. This same crap comes from the Post all the time. I'd like to believe that Dater and Frei (the Avalanche's main 2 writers) won't write the same thing over and over, but Chambers and apparently the rest of the Post sports department are just ridiculous. If you read the comments on the article, there are comments from both sides (UND and DU) saying that the article was completely uncalled for and I agree.

Interesting write up on Corey Fiehage getting signed for the playoff run in the AHL...

"Back in Minnesota, Fienhage said his high school team never won a playoff game and neither did the Fighting Sioux in the two seasons he played for them. "I've never really been part of a playoff team before."

Not sure that quote is exactly accurate...I seem to recall winning the Final Five and making the NCAAs...

Mike Chambers just can't seem to let that go. He tried rehashing it before the Final Five. He tried rehashing it before the Regional. Mike Chambers just can't seem to let that go.

Somebody posted on my blog yesterday that this wasn't Mike Chambers and he had gotten a lot of emails from upset people and that it was an someone in the sports department trying to stir it up and that it didn't make the print addition.

I know for a fact it was not Mike Chambers. He has been off this week, I am close friends with one of Mike's best friends. Mike would at the very least attach his name to it if he wrote it. Anyway, out here in Denver, people are pissed about it. The guy that wrote it is trying to stir things up. What Avalanche fan wants to read trash like this? I guess he wants Av's fans to boo Malone at home? Nothing about it makes sense. Whoever wrote it is getting trashed locally here. Luckily the fan base here is knowledgable enough to know that Martin forgives Malone and thinks the play was clean. This writer is a hack.
Edited by Goon

Interesting write up on Corey Fiehage getting signed for the playoff run in the AHL...

"Back in Minnesota, Fienhage said his high school team never won a playoff game and neither did the Fighting Sioux in the two seasons he played for them. "I've never really been part of a playoff team before."

Not sure that quote is exactly accurate...I seem to recall winning the Final Five and making the NCAAs...

I don't think he saw the ice for either run. Quote is accurate - context is wrong.