SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...

Watching a bit of that "Becoming Wild" with some Chay Genoway clips. I think he has an outside chance to make the Wild at some time during the season. I think the training regimen that he went through while at UND under Mr. Poolman did him well. It was fun to see him on the ice again. :)

Probably start the season down in Houston is my guess though.

PS: Just watched Zucker get worked in a physical one on one close quarters drill.....Makes sense that he'll spend another year in Denver.

I believe still in Austria...he was listed on the website for the EC Red Bull Salzburg as on their roster...but I couldn't tell if that was still from last year or for this year.

I'm actually in Salzburg, so I went to the Red Bulls' game tonight to watch Ryan play. He isn't on the roster. When I asked a fan about it, he said that Ryan had gone back to the states with a camp invite, but the fan didn't know where.

Of a side note, I saw a Red Bulls' Parise jersey (he played here 1 year, if I remember correctly), and Robbie Earl is now playing for Salzburg.

I'm actually in Salzburg, so I went to the Red Bulls' game tonight to watch Ryan play. He isn't on the roster. When I asked a fan about it, he said that Ryan had gone back to the states with a camp invite, but the fan didn't know where.

Of a side note, I saw a Red Bulls' Parise jersey (he played here 1 year, if I remember correctly), and Robbie Earl is now playing for Salzburg.

Ahh, thank you....I thought that I was reading it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone notice the goals against where he was standing around and the minus 3 he is currently posting after 2 rookie games. seems like nothings changed.[

quote name='Big A HG' timestamp='1310969332' post='510306']

This is straight from the Wild website:

"With eight minutes left in the first half, former University of North Dakota captain Chay Genoway turned in the play of the day -- beating all five Team Green players on a nifty coast-to-coast play that was reminiscent of plays the former Sioux defenseman made at Ralph Engelstad Arena. He capped the break with a pretty wrap-around goal to make it 3-0 with 7:56 to play before the break.

"We were talking on the bench about how much fun it was to get back out there," Genoway said of getting to play in more of a game atmosphere. "We're all competitive guys. Drills in the middle of summer can sometimes get tiring, especially when you don't have your legs. But when you're in a competitive setting, I don't think it really matters. That's what we're used to." "

They have video of the goal as well here: http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=933&id=120927

It was pretty sick.

I wonder if Chay would have tried to sign with the Jets/Thrashers had he known they were moving to Winnipeg. I'm not saying he should have waited, because when you are undrafted in his situation, you can't get too picky or wait around too long for offers necessarily.

I think it's exactly that with Chay. When you are undrafted, you jump on what you get because you may not get another offer like that. If you decide to wait, that team that initially offered may use that roster spot for someone else. Also, Minnesota is still in [relatively] close proximity.

Very few guys go undrafted that know they will ultimately be wanted by a lot of teams once they are a free agent.

Brad Miller to Gwinnett Gladiators

So if i read this right, Gwinnett is a sister team of the Portland Pirates...

So tenatively untill we hear a Official Roster from the Pirates they have Fienaghe, HB Winner Ryan Duncan, Miller, Brent Hextall, Matty Watkins, HB Winner Andy Miele, And Goalie Marc Cheverie...

Pumped to see all the Sioux Players, and the other WCHA Flavor on this team...

Go Pirates?!!!