SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Brad Miller to Gwinnett Gladiators

So if i read this right, Gwinnett is a sister team of the Portland Pirates...

So tenatively untill we hear a Official Roster from the Pirates they have Fienaghe, HB Winner Ryan Duncan, Miller, Brent Hextall, Matty Watkins, HB Winner Andy Miele, And Goalie Marc Cheverie...

Pumped to see all the Sioux Players, and the other WCHA Flavor on this team...

Go Pirates?!!!

I was looking at that roster too. It would almost be worth a road trip out east to see the boys in action if they are all playing this year.

I was looking at that roster too. It would almost be worth a road trip out east to see the boys in action if they are all playing this year.

The Portland Pirates have a nice Promo going this year...

Sunday Oct 2nd, there is a post game skate with the New players on the roster after a preseason game vs the Manchester Monarchs.

They are asking for a $5 donation to take part in the post game skate...Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Kinda looking forward to hitting the Ice with a few Hobey Baker Winners...

Once again the Portland Pirates roster isn't out yet, but camp is in session...

v/r

Rich T

Brad Malone suited up Thursday for the Avs against the Stars scoring a PP goal and adding an assist in his debut. Also getting some recognition in The Post about his play in camp. Nice to see some good words about him out here in Denver after the articles last year.

[url=http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_18950899] Avalanche rookie Brad Malone is making most of preseason opportunity

(sorry not very savvy in adding as an actual hyperlink)

Brad Malone suited up Thursday for the Avs against the Stars scoring a PP goal and adding an assist in his debut. Also getting some recognition in The Post about his play in camp. Nice to see some good words about him out here in Denver after the articles last year.

[url=http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_18950899] Avalanche rookie Brad Malone is making most of preseason opportunity

(sorry not very savvy in adding as an actual hyperlink)

Yeah, I'm surprised Chambers doesn't start his artcicle "Brad Malone, the guy who broke Jesse Martin's neck, had a goal and an assist"!

Of all the guys that formerly played for the Sioux, I'm rooting for Genoway to get a shot with the wild like you wouldn't believe. You never hope for injuries during a season, but I hope someway somehow Chay finds a way to crack the lineup during the regular season.

So, i made it up to Portland Maine this past weekend to watch former Sioux players Ryan Duncan, Brett Hextall, and Matty Watkins. Saturday was a practice day viewing for the public, and consisted of mostly drills...A few times during practice they broke out doing 2-1, 3-2, and different number odd men rushes...Nothing significant other than Hextall burried most of his chances, and Duncan set up most of his odd man rushes...

Today-Sunday was Their Final Pre-Season Game vs Manchester (The Kings AHL Team), and Hextall's dad's GM job.

Ryan wears the 32, Watkins the 14, and Hextall the 24. In typical Fighting Sioux fashion Matty Watkins registered the first official SOG, Hextall got the first penalty, and guess who scored the Pirates first goal. Yep, you guessed it My Hobey, Ryan Duncan. Since this was a final Preseason tune up both coaches shuffled line-up's often.

Final Score was 2-0 Portland, and following the game there was a post game skate with the team...We met up with the 3 Sioux stand-out's and chatted a bit...Everyone of them was excited to see some Fighting Sioux Green in the stands and i think we are gonna make the 2.5 hour drive every so often...

If anyone is out East and headed up to Portland to watch a game make sure to IM before the weekend. I will post updates as their season continue's...

Portland's first home game is Sat 15 Oct vs the same team...

v/r

Rich Thorpe