SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Congrats to Jason. If he is healthy he will be in the NHL this season. I think I'll cheer for the Jets more than the Wild. I just can't handle being a "Wild Fan". I was a North Stars fan with the likes of Modano, Casey, Broten, but the Wild just haven't caught on with me.

Unless of course Genoway is playing every other shift for the Wild by the end of the season.... :lol:

Congrats to Jason. If he is healthy he will be in the NHL this season. I think I'll cheer for the Jets more than the Wild. I just can't handle being a "Wild Fan". I was a North Stars fan with the likes of Modano, Casey, Broten, but the Wild just haven't caught on with me.

Unless of course Genoway is playing every other shift for the Wild by the end of the season.... :lol:

Even the plus of Genoway will not remove the negative of recently acquired Dany Heatley in a Wild jersey. Between being a Badger and driving drunk and killing a teammate in the process Heatley isn't on my "players I'll pay to watch" list.

Go Jets.

Even the plus of Genoway will not remove the negative of recently acquired Dany Heatley in a Wild jersey. Between being a Badger and driving drunk and killing a teammate in the process Heatley isn't on my "players I'll pay to watch" list.

Go Jets.

Agreed. Heatley playing in a Wild uniform......yikes.......Of course the San Jose GM said all sorts of nice things about him, but of course was thinking "thank God we got rid of that guy".

Agreed. Heatley playing in a Wild uniform......yikes.......Of course the San Jose GM said all sorts of nice things about him, but of course was thinking "thank God we got rid of that guy".

Gonna have to disagree with you here. I'm no Heatley fan and sure no Wisconsin fan, but I'd much rather have him than Havlat. I think that was a great move by Fletcher. Along with the Burns trade, Fletcher's making improvements. I agree with someone earlier who said it'll be easier/better to root for the Jets than the Wild, though! Can't wait for the Jets to join the league next year - although these 2 teams are still a far 2nd and 3rd from the Bruins!!!!

This is awesome! Not only is my old FAVORITE team back in the Winnipeg Jets, now they have a UND player on their roster!

Any old timers remember some former sioux that played for the Jets? Phil Sykes and Russ Romaniuk come to mind, also Dave Christian.

GO JETS!

This is awesome! Not only is my old FAVORITE team back in the Winnipeg Jets, now they have a UND player on their roster!

Any old timers remember some former sioux that played for the Jets? Phil Sykes and Russ Romaniuk come to mind, also Dave Christian.

GO JETS!

Doug Smail

Go Jets.

From what I saw from Dany following the accident, he was not drunk and he was devastated.

I'm not a Wild fan, and Heatley was a problem everywhere he was, but I feel for him on his personal disaster.

Winnipeg's Gregoire excited to play for hometown team

Gregoire will be at training camp this fall. Whether he can jump from NCAA hockey to the NHL is unknown, but he'll certainly have an important leg up on the process, having played a highly regarded UND, where he put up 25 goals and 43 points in 35 games this season.

"Trust with the coaches, that they could play me in any situation,'' Gregoire said about accountability under Fighting Sioux coach Dave Hakstol. "Everything about UND is so professional. They really develop players well.''

Chay Genoway is listed on the roster for this camp and they have him down as wearing #43.

The 2011 Wild Development Camp will run July 12-17 and will feature two scrimmages that are open to the public and free of charge on Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17 at Xcel Energy Center. Both scrimmages will start at 11 a.m. Gate One will open at 10:30 a.m. both days. The first 1,000 fans Saturday will receive a complimentary Wild Devin Setoguchi t-shirt and all fans can register to win a Devin Setoguchi autographed jersey. The first 1,000 fans at Sunday's scrimmage will receive a complimentary Wild Dany Heatley t-shirt and all fans can register to win a Dany Heatley autographed jersey.

Chay Genoway is listed on the roster for this camp and they have him down as wearing #43.

The 2011 Wild Development Camp will run July 12-17 and will feature two scrimmages that are open to the public and free of charge on Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17 at Xcel Energy Center. Both scrimmages will start at 11 a.m. Gate One will open at 10:30 a.m. both days. The first 1,000 fans Saturday will receive a complimentary Wild Devin Setoguchi t-shirt and all fans can register to win a Devin Setoguchi autographed jersey. The first 1,000 fans at Sunday's scrimmage will receive a complimentary Wild Dany Heatley t-shirt and all fans can register to win a Dany Heatley autographed jersey.

I'm hearing from more than a few Wild fans that were in attendance that Chay really wowed them at the Xcel yesterday. I think he was paired with Brodin, Minny's 1st round pick in this years draft, but I'm not sure. He scored a goal too. :love:

I'm hoping to be able to make it to the arena for today's scrimmage.

I'm hearing from more than a few Wild fans that were in attendance that Chay really wowed them at the Xcel yesterday. I think he was paired with Brodin, Minny's 1st round pick in this years draft, but I'm not sure. He scored a goal too. :love:

I'm hoping to be able to make it to the arena for today's scrimmage.

Hope you can make it so you can give us a hands on report on Chay.

This is straight from the Wild website:

"With eight minutes left in the first half, former University of North Dakota captain Chay Genoway turned in the play of the day -- beating all five Team Green players on a nifty coast-to-coast play that was reminiscent of plays the former Sioux defenseman made at Ralph Engelstad Arena. He capped the break with a pretty wrap-around goal to make it 3-0 with 7:56 to play before the break.

"We were talking on the bench about how much fun it was to get back out there," Genoway said of getting to play in more of a game atmosphere. "We're all competitive guys. Drills in the middle of summer can sometimes get tiring, especially when you don't have your legs. But when you're in a competitive setting, I don't think it really matters. That's what we're used to." "

They have video of the goal as well here: http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=933&id=120927

It was pretty sick.

I wonder if Chay would have tried to sign with the Jets/Thrashers had he known they were moving to Winnipeg. I'm not saying he should have waited, because when you are undrafted in his situation, you can't get too picky or wait around too long for offers necessarily.

Sioux fans in the Twin Cities area:

There is a charity hockey game Wednesday night at the Cottage Grove Arena. Former Sioux Zach Parise, Taylor Chorney, Chris Porter, and Chay Genoway are scheduled to be there along with several former Gophers and Badgers.

"Wednesday

According to Schlossman's blog, seems the former UND blueliner who recently signed with Detroit will be wearing jersey #64.

A couple years ago we were all excited to be getting a Dell; the Red Wings are getting a Commodore 64.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Schlossman's blog, seems the former UND blueliner who recently signed with Detroit will be wearing jersey #64.

A couple years ago we were all excited to be getting a Dell; the Red Wings are getting a Commodore 64.

:silly: