SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

A buddy of mine just texted that Zach Parise will be a Wild tomorrow! Rumor? ??? Anyone know anything?

Doubt it. IIRC Parise just signed a one-year deal with NJ. He may look to move after this season since they didn't lock him into a longer term deal.

Was just checking in on the Portland Pirates and saw our boys are doing pretty well. Duncan and Watkins are tied for 2nd on the team in points and Hextall is leading the team in Points, +/-, and PIM. Nice to see early success for the boys!

I watched highlights from their last game, looks like Duncan and Hextall are even the on the same line. Gregoire should have signed with Phoenix then the Gregoire-Duncan-Hextall could be reunited from 07-08.

Frattin playing very well so far against the Bruins, a lot of nifty backhand passes, his linemates need to start burying the puck. He was set up for a one-timer in the lost but missed the net high and wide, he doesn't do that very often. He slammed his stick on the ice after the miss, hopefully he doesn't get too frustrated.

Maybe someone could explain to me how to post pictures on here. I am apparently slow or missing something, cause I can't figure it out.

Anyway, I am currently in Houston for two weeks for work and my wife and kids came down for several days for a mini-vacation. We went to a Houston Aeros game in order to watch Chay play this past Sunday. We (of course) wore all SIOUX gear, including my two kids, who wore their green SIOUX jerseys. Before the game, we stood next to the glass by the Aeros bench. Chay spotted the green SIOUX jerseys and at one point skated past and butt-ended the glass with his stick right in front of my son, which of course, scared the crap out of him :D . Chay later flipped a puck over the glass to us.

The Aeros ended up winning the game in front of maybe 2000 people, 3-1 over Grand Rapids. Chay played good (of course, I am biased). He played on the third D pairing and had anywhere from 10-15 minutes of ice time. He was also on the 2nd power play unit running point, but the Aeros only had three PP. Chay was not on the ice for any of the goals scored. He was pretty quiet and un-noticeable, which is always ok for a defenseman. He did have one patented Chay rush where he went end to end with the puck and jumped a defender who had fallen behind the opposing net. This did quite a reaction from the crowd.

In addition, Justin Fontaine scored one goal and had an assist for the Aeros. The Aeros also had three former CC players: Prosser, Fredheim, and Rau. Spoke briefly with Prosser after the game, and he was very friendly and nice and commented about our SIOUX gear and Chay.

Earlier in the week, I made contact with a gal from the Aeros' community relations and explained our situation and love for SIOUX hockey. She arranged for us to meet with Chay after the game outside the locker room. We had to wait 45 minutes or so due to the fact that Chay had to workout after the game, which I think typifies what kind of guy Chay is. Anyway, he finally did emerge and met with us for several minutes. He signed autographs for my kids and took a couple of photos with the kids, too. Chay's comments seemed to indicate that he disappointed about his hockey. Not sure if this was his perception of his play or with his playing time or both. I feel that the guy is doing great for someone that the "experts" felt was too small to have a shot at the NHL. He is getting good playing time in the AHL and made it to final cuts for the big club in his first training camp. I hope and think that he will get his shot and prove the doubters wrong.

We also asked him about the atmosphere (or lack thereof) at the Toyota Center. He commented that nothing compares to UND and the Ralph, but of course, we already knew that ;) .

Anyway, was going to post a few photos of Chay and the kids, but wasn't smart enough to figure it out - so if someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it. Go SIOUX forever!!!

• Upvote 1