SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I just watched NHL Overtime on Versus, and one guy on their ripped Zajac's play pretty bad...on the defensive side. He basically said he's sucked. I peeked at the team's +/-, and Zajac is at a sub-par -9, but that is FAR from worst on the team. Other forwards like Kovalchuk are as bad as -30. Sounded pretty unfair, especially considering that Zajac seemed to be a guy who earned his way into the lineup each night for not only a solid offensive game, but a good defensive game as well. It has to be hard to put in your full effort nightly at this point if you are a New Jersey Devil. They've, as a team, been brutal (injuries aside).

Quite the drop off for Zajac who in my opionion should have won the Selke last season.

did a little update on former player list. please let me know if anyone sees mistakes ect..thanks

my former player list

just click on any name and each of their hockey.db or euronet profiles will pop up for all stats

few things i noticed and questions

vandevelde and kozek not putting up any big numbers

radke with 117 pim so far

darcy zajac seems to found his way in the ahl for now

is finely hurt again or just healthy scratches?

bochenski point per game in khl

duncan 39 points in 32 games

has jordan parise hung the skates up?

goren can still score!

did a little update on former player list. please let me know if anyone sees mistakes ect..thanks

my former player list

just click on any name and each of their hockey.db or euronet profiles will pop up for all stats

few things i noticed and questions

vandevelde and kozek not putting up any big numbers

radke with 117 pim so far

darcy zajac seems to found his way in the ahl for now

is finely hurt again or just healthy scratches?

bochenski point per game in khl

duncan 39 points in 32 games

has jordan parise hung the skates up?

goren can still score!

Looks like Mike Prpich has only played half of the games this year. Must be an injury as he's still #5 in scoring and #3 in penalty minutes for his UK team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=4130

Really misleading headline.

But an interesting article nonetheless.

Say what you will about the Post, but their sports writers are some of the more astute in the NY area. From my own point of view, I would not be surprised to see ZPar at least test the market, especially if the Devs haven't really done anything to rebuild their franchise.

Quite the drop off for Zajac who in my opionion should have won the Selke last season.

I've seen pretty much every Devils game this season, and his defense isn't as bad as people make it sound. Just looking at his +/- you might think that, but when you consider the Devils have a goal differential of -55, his -9 isn't really that bad. Especially when you consider he plays 15 minutes at even strength every game. Plus he's actually top 10 (or at least close to it) in the league on faceoffs. The one part of his game that's suffered is his offense, and that's because of Parise's absence. That and nobody on the team has been scoring this year.

As for that article on Parise, I think he'll resign with the Devils this offseason. Hopefully long-term, but you never know. The only thing that can salvage this season from hell would him resigning. Well that and drafting Larsson, Couturier, or Landeskog...

Stafford went out injured tonight... I don't know if he returned. He went out in the first period tonight and still wasn't back at the second intermission. Too bad. NHL NEtwork commentators commented that Stafford was one of the major keys to the Sabres beating Montreal. He only played 2 1 minute shifts in the first.

• 3 weeks later...

per brads blog

When Jason Blake stepped on the ice tonight for the Anaheim Ducks, it marked the 25,000th NHL game by a former Sioux player. Blake celebrated the feat in style by scoring a goal on that first shift.

I wrote more on the feat in Thursday

Stafford with ANOTHER hat trick today against the Islanders.

I like the way the Buffalo TV play by play guy calls the games anyway, but the way he called Staffords 3rd goal was awesome.

"Boy do they come in threes for this guy!!"

Edit: The Sabres lost in OT on a hat trick goal by Michael Grabner

Edited by RedFrog