SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Since moving to CA, I have been out of the hockey loop! But, I just found out that Stockton is an hour away from me and they have an ECHL team! Can someone do some research for me (since I have to actually work today) about any former Sioux players in the ECHL and which teams they play for? I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

you think the blues wish they took toews now?? he and osh together in the blue note could have been a nice und combo

e johnson traded

That would have been AWESOME...except it's awesome to see a guy lace it up as the team captain in an Original Six city like Chicago. We should be saying, too bad the Blackhawks didn't draft Oshie....instead, they took Jack Skille (ha!) with the 7th overall pick. Obviously that was a bit high for even The Osh in terms of pre-draft rankings that year, but TJ is a man-beast who is going to become a big time player.

Hindsight is always 20/20, though. ;)

• Downvote 1

That would have been AWESOME...except it's awesome to see a guy lace it up as the team captain in an Original Six city like Chicago. We should be saying, too bad the Blackhawks didn't draft Oshie....instead, they took Jack Skille (ha!) with the 7th overall pick. Obviously that was a bit high for even The Osh in terms of pre-draft rankings that year, but TJ is a man-beast who is going to become a big time player.

Hindsight is always 20/20, though. ;)

Skille was traded recently... so...

You could field a really nice core to an NHL squad with ex-Sioux

Scoring 1: Toews centering Parise and Oshie

Scoring 2: Zajac centering Stafford and Blake

D1: Greene and Commodore

Just thinking about the ridiculous talent we've had at UND.

There are a lot of GMs who would happily take those 8 guys and build a team around them.

You could field a really nice core to an NHL squad with ex-Sioux

Scoring 1: Toews centering Parise and Oshie

Scoring 2: Zajac centering Stafford and Blake

D1: Greene and Commodore

Just thinking about the ridiculous talent we've had at UND.

There are a lot of GMs who would happily take those 8 guys and build a team around them.

Well....

Commodore is available right now on waivers.

Jonathan Toews is the NHL's #1 Star of the Month for February

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=554691&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

Watching Toews skate circles around the wild on Monday, was amazing.

He looked better in every way than every player on the ice and the commentators seemed to agree that with Crosby out Toews was arguably the best player in the NHL right now and I say they were right.

Watching Toews skate circles around the wild on Monday, was amazing.

He looked better in every way than every player on the ice and the commentators seemed to agree that with Crosby out Toews was arguably the best player in the NHL right now and I say they were right.

He is the best two-way forward in the game right now, no doubt...he can score, set up, win big draws, win battles down low, never out of position defensively.

Jonny Toews just said "F THIS, I'LL DO IT MYSELF."

Captain Serious scored a pair of goals in another Hawks victory (First Star). He has a multipoint game in 5 of his last 7 games (garnering a point each of the other two), and the Blackhawks have gone 6-1 in that stretch.

• Downvote 1

Zach Parise on with Joe Anderson on ESPN1500 here in Minneapolis right now. Talking skating with his skating coach and his first day back on the ice today.

here's the website for those who want to check out the book. lots of former Sioux players attended her camp. what's up with Stafford wearing the "M" jersey- Lucia model camp..? wtf?? c'mon, Drew. :ohmy:

http://www.proedgepower.com/

Zajac w/ 2/3 of a Gordie Howe hat trick tonight ... 1 goal and 1 fighting major...just missed out on getting the assist as he was on the ice for Kovalchuk's OT game winner. He would have had the 3rd assist I believe.

Toews also continues his tear as he scores the first goal in the Blackhawks game v Carolina.

Have you heard of the Geoffrions? Blake, who finished his career last year at Wisconsin with a Hobey Baker trophy to his name, was always touted because of his long lineage of hockey background he grew up from. His father and grandfather both played in the NHL.

What does this pertain to the Sioux?

Everyone knows Brett Hextall's father is the legendary goaltender, Ron Hextall. Also, most of you know that Brett's great-uncle Dennis played for the Sioux himself, among many NHL teams in his lengthy career. Not many people, around these parts anyways, know that Brett's own lineage goes much farther...even farther than the Geoffrions. Beyond Brett, Ron, and Dennis, there was another...Bryan Hextall Jr. Bryan was the father of Ron Hextall, and was Dennis' brother. Bryan put up some very nice numbers in an NHL career that covered nearly a decade. Still not satisfied? There was yet another Hextall in the equation...Bryan Hextall Sr. Bryan Sr is the great-grandfather to Brett, grandfather to Ron, and father to Bryan Jr. and our own Dennis Hextall. Not only that, Bryan Sr. is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

So, if Brett plays even one minute of NHL hockey one day, he will continue a lineage of four generations of NHL players that spans just about a century, with a great-uncle that had a lengthy career himself, to boot.

I thought it was an interesting bit of info...

Have you heard of the Geoffrions? Blake, who finished his career last year at Wisconsin with a Hobey Baker trophy to his name, was always touted because of his long lineage of hockey background he grew up from. His father and grandfather both played in the NHL.

What does this pertain to the Sioux?

Everyone knows Brett Hextall's father is the legendary goaltender, Ron Hextall. Also, most of you know that Brett's great-uncle Dennis played for the Sioux himself, among many NHL teams in his lengthy career. Not many people, around these parts anyways, know that Brett's own lineage goes much farther...even farther than the Geoffrions. Beyond Brett, Ron, and Dennis, there was another...Bryan Hextall Jr. Bryan was the father of Ron Hextall, and was Dennis' brother. Bryan put up some very nice numbers in an NHL career that covered nearly a decade. Still not satisfied? There was yet another Hextall in the equation...Bryan Hextall Sr. Bryan Sr is the great-grandfather to Brett, grandfather to Ron, and father to Bryan Jr. and our own Dennis Hextall. Not only that, Bryan Sr. is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

So, if Brett plays even one minute of NHL hockey one day, he will continue a lineage of four generations of NHL players that spans just about a century, with a great-uncle that had a lengthy career himself, to boot.

I thought it was an interesting bit of info...

Not sure if you've seen the documentary "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", but this post reminded me of that! If you haven't seen it - it's a must watch. And no - I'm not comparing that family to the Hextall's, just comparing reading their family trees and trying to keep everything straight!