SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Yeah, at some point talking down the other league's competition and schedule becomes pointless when you end up losing to them at the most important time of year.

That is exactly why I don't get on them for their schedule. Doesn't really matter unless ya win at the end.

Yeah, at some point talking down the other league's competition and schedule becomes pointless when you end up losing to them at the most important time of year.

Yale hasn't played anyone so I think it's a legitimate discussion just because the writers from INCH, USCHO, CHN and the EZAC say that Yale is a good team doesn't make it so... Beating up on the weak sisters of the poor doesn't impress me one bit... Do you really think UND would lose to them again, I think UND would be ready for them. Think about this UND played 6 games in 9 days and Yale was home resting and was bounced out of their conference tourney.... Ain't happening this season... I asked one of the EZAC appologist if Yale had played UND's schedule would they have the same record as the Sioux and of course this guy said it would be close... I hardly doubt it... The Fact remains that Yale is a paper tiger...

... I asked one of the EZAC appologist if Yale had played UND's schedule would they have the same record as the Sioux and of course this guy said it would be close... I hardly doubt it... The Fact remains that Yale is a paper tiger...

Paper Bulldog, maybe...:)

Yale hasn't played anyone so I think it's a legitimate discussion just because the writers from INCH, USCHO, CHN and the EZAC say that Yale is a good team doesn't make it so... Beating up on the weak sisters of the poor doesn't impress me one bit... Do you really think UND would lose to them again, I think UND would be ready for them. Think about this UND played 6 games in 9 days and Yale was home resting and was bounced out of their conference tourney.... Ain't happening this season... I asked one of the EZAC appologist if Yale had played UND's schedule would they have the same record as the Sioux and of course this guy said it would be close... I hardly doubt it... The Fact remains that Yale is a paper tiger...

In a tournament format that's one and done, anyone can lose to anyone on a given night. The Sioux would rarely lose a series to a team like Yale, but they are a good team and can win against the Sioux again in the current playoff format.

In a tournament format that's one and done, anyone can lose to anyone on a given night. The Sioux would rarely lose a series to a team like Yale, but they are a good team and can win against the Sioux again in the current playoff format.

This years team wouldn't lose to them.

Drew Stafford notched his 11th, 12th, and 13th goals of the season last night for his second hat trick in 8 games. His 13 goals have come in only 23 games so far this season. He is 2nd on the team in goals, behind Thomas Vanek's 14...Thomas playing in 15 more games than Drew.

It's nice to see him light the lamp like he has this season. The guy always seemed to be able to have that huge scoring ability, but almost seemed to sleepwalk through portions of the season. Hopefully he can sustain it.

Oh, and Goon, both of Stafford's hat tricks came against Boston this year. :)

Who are the current former Fighting Sioux playing in the NHL or AHL ?--On another note,has anyone heard anything lately about reviving the WHA? I know a couple years ago they had about 6 cities lined up,then delayed the start, and then I did not hear anything after that.

I just watched NHL Overtime on Versus, and one guy on their ripped Zajac's play pretty bad...on the defensive side. He basically said he's sucked. I peeked at the team's +/-, and Zajac is at a sub-par -9, but that is FAR from worst on the team. Other forwards like Kovalchuk are as bad as -30. Sounded pretty unfair, especially considering that Zajac seemed to be a guy who earned his way into the lineup each night for not only a solid offensive game, but a good defensive game as well. It has to be hard to put in your full effort nightly at this point if you are a New Jersey Devil. They've, as a team, been brutal (injuries aside).