SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Probably not popular takes, but they got the calls wrong in both the NAS and OTT games. 

Versus NAS, Dell played the puck. The puck stopped moving along the wall. A defender ran into the "puck possessor" (Dell) along the wall. How can the puck carrier commit interference? 

Against OTT, Dell committed elbowing. The elbow comes away from the torso to make contact. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone foresee Colten St. Clair eventually coaching in this program?

I would have to think if Berry were to leave at any given point, Dane Jackson would get his shot as head coach, but that could open the door for St. Clair as an assistant. Or maybe St. Clair gets his experience through working his way up into some sort of NHL capacity first.

He seems to be the UND guy making the most of a coaching career as of recent. Thoughts on St. Clair or any other potential future candidates?

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I would have to think if Berry were to leave at any given point, Dane Jackson would get his shot as head coach, but that could open the door for St. Clair as an assistant. Or maybe St. Clair gets his experience through working his way up into some sort of NHL capacity first.

He seems to be the UND guy making the most of a coaching career as of recent. Thoughts on St. Clair or any other potential future candidates?

Maybe, but it might be one of those deals where he's head coach at another NCAA program for a while and then comes back...

12 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I see him taking over Arizona State at some point

32 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Their problem has always been goaltending and it continues this season. Until they find a legit number one they will continue to go through coaches 

BOS's run: Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Rask 
PIT's run: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury
CHI's run: Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford
LAK's run: Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Quick 
TBL's run: Point, Kucherov, Hedman, Vasilevskiy 

See a pattern? 

EDM: McDavid, Dreiseidl, Nurse(?), ____________

See something missing? 

Along that same thought line, and former players, ... 

PHI didn't bring Carter Hart up until Hak was released. (Not sure Hart is a solution for PHI either way.) 

NHL head coaches should start negotiating contract terms to include near-GM level powers over goaltending. 

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

BOS's run: Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Rask 
PIT's run: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury
CHI's run: Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford
LAK's run: Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Quick 
TBL's run: Point, Kucherov, Hedman, Vasilevskiy 

See a pattern? 

EDM: McDavid, Dreiseidl, Nurse(?), ____________

See something missing? 

Exactly my point 

On 2/9/2022 at 1:09 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I could see Colton as one of Karl's assistants along the way. ;) 

I have it...

Berry retires...Dane becomes head coach for a couple of years before being poached by the NHL....Karl is associate and we bring in Colten or Smaby (waterloo).  When Dane leaves, the other one comes in and Karl becomes HC.  If Karl leaves...we see if Mario L has gone to the college level from the high school level yet.