SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

2 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

So does guy know something we don't, or  is he just speculating based on the review our athletic department is current undertaking?

Brandon Garside
Oct 6
Brandon Garside ‏@BrandonGarside
Another factor of that, however, is the possibility of North Dakota leaving the conference.

He calls it a possibility. Doubt he has any more inside knowledge of the situation than anyone here. 

It will be a convenient excuse for the Montanas to leave for another conference - the WAC.

But this post will be mocked so what's the use.

The Montanas, Idaho, and E Wash don't want such insular schedules forced on them.

BTW, Weber St has a big stadium upgrade coming.  Maybe...

The BSC President know how to implant fear in their fans eyes.  it's a way they can legitimize a breakaway conference and save cost at the same time.

Find it pretty incredible and ridiculous that Portland St, N Colo, Idaho St, and NAU would volunteer to trim FBS games, when they often rely on two a year to make budget.  Sac St and others won't get so many DII games and Montana will have to give up on a Sister of the Poor FCS program like St Francis or MVSU.

Doesn't make any sense unless it's a ruse to break the BSC up.

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It will be a convenient excuse for the Montanas to leave for another conference - the WAC.

But this post will be mocked so what's the use.

The Montanas, Idaho, and E Wash don't want such insular schedules forced on them.

BTW, Weber St has a big stadium upgrade coming.  Maybe...

The BSC President know how to implant fear in their fans eyes.  it's a way they can legitimize a breakaway conference and save cost at the same time.

Find it pretty incredible and ridiculous that Portland St, N Colo, Idaho St, and NAU would volunteer to trim FBS games, when they often rely on two a year to make budget.  Sac St and others won't get so many DII games and Montana will have to give up on a Sister of the Poor FCS program like St Francis or MVSU.

Doesn't make any sense unless it's a ruse to break the BSC up.

I believe this is the 1st time you've been right about something in quite a while!

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2016 at 7:12 PM, gundy1124 said:

The 2018 UW game might be on ice, could be heading south instead for a different high profile FBS game......

Seriously, what are you hearing about this? Which conference does the south high profile team belong too? Don't need to know the team just the conference. 

16 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

To continue to beat a dead horse with my pipe dream........  Play your division opponents and get ranked 1-7 East and 1-7 West.  Last week of the year, at a neutral venue have the Big Sky Challenge, need a turf field with all the games.  1's, 2's, 3's all the way down play.  That gives you 7 guaranteed games, which is perfect.  

I like it!  Why not have it at a venue and a city that would be the most attractive to Big Sky fans.  Viva Las Vegas!!! (Taking the pipe dream to the extreme here!!)

Vegas.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I like it!  Why not have it at a venue and a city that would be the most attractive to Big Sky fans.  Viva Las Vegas!!! (Taking the pipe dream to the extreme here!!)

Vegas.jpg

Honestly, by 2030 someone will have invented teleportation and "home games" will no longer be a thing.  Everyone will just teleport to our new 600,000 seat, open-air, stadium 15,000 feet in the sky.

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Honestly, by 2030 someone will have invented teleportation and "home games" will no longer be a thing.  Everyone will just teleport to our new 600,000 seat, open-air, stadium 15,000 feet in the sky.

I can hardly wait for the day I no longer need to take a chairlift to the top of the mountain.  Just beam me up Scotty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

Back in 1992 they said the SEC was crazy for having a conference championship game and years later everyone stumbled over each other to have one.

If the Big Sky had a 'Conference Showdown' in Vegas, which would be a great spot by the way, we'd instantly steal the whole FCS show for that weekend and then some.

But of course, this would take real leadership and vision..........anyone anyone........calling on BSC leadership........ya, didn't think so.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

C'mon man. That's flat cray-cray talk. It's only going to be at 10000 feet. At 15000 you'd have to pipe oxygen to all the seats to keep people from passing out. ;)

21 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

To continue to beat a dead horse with my pipe dream........  Play your division opponents and get ranked 1-7 East and 1-7 West.  Last week of the year, at a neutral venue have the Big Sky Challenge, need a turf field with all the games.  1's, 2's, 3's all the way down play.  That gives you 7 guaranteed games, which is perfect.  

This s a GREAT idea!

So are the Montanas going to go for a 9 game conference schedule, which means every other year that they only have 4 conference home games?  They demand 6 home games, so the other two must be at home.  Which means no FBS games.

ISU and PSU need two FBS games to make their budget.  That means only four home games for them every other year.

This 9 conference game setup is a disaster, and everyone knows it. If 12 games were allowed in FCS, it would work, but that's a rare year. It's an excuse to divide the Big Sky up into two. Add Wichita St and UTRGV to the east and each half has seven conference games. Play one across the two leagues and everyone is happy.

26 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

If 12 games were allowed in FCS, it would work, but that's a rare year. It's an excuse to divide the Big Sky up into two. 

I thought there was talk of FCS moving to 12 games; however, that would only extend an already long season*. 

This seems like such a divisive issue with teams that need FBS games to make budget you have to wonder what forces are in play. 

*Imagine a 12 game year, and being the 24th playoff team. -- potentially 17 games! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2016 at 7:12 PM, gundy1124 said:

The 2018 UW game might be on ice, could be heading south instead for a different high profile FBS game......

They just announced the UW game has been moved back a week in 2018, so it's looking solid again.  UW pushed their game against Nevada to a future season instead.

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Maybe we'll find an FBS game to buy out the NDSU game! :p

Wouldn't THAT ruffle a few feathers down in Imperial Cass County! ;)

Since no one will be playing in the 2019 game that played in the 2015 game that should be a great matchup. I wonder who the QB's would be?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Maybe we'll find an FBS game to buy out the NDSU game! :p

Wouldn't THAT ruffle a few feathers down in Imperial Cass County! ;)

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Since no one will be playing in the 2019 game that played in the 2015 game that should be a great matchup. I wonder who the QB's would be?

Will it really matter? Won't we be a WAC team by then?!?!?!?! :lol:

• Upvote 1