SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Not a NDSU fan but what about their basketball team. They may have lost to UND, but when it mattered most they went and won games in the Match Madness Tournament. Everyone has their sports and right now NDSU is on top in Football and men's Basketball/ UND is on top in volleyball and women's basketball. ( Others are open for debate.)

oh and by the way remember we are in different conferences, so really at this point the rival games are for pride only. Conference records are what matter most.

You must work for the FOX network because your statements are fair and balanced! Your handle should be O'Reilly!

No Danny, the point is that NDSU only has football. All of NDSU's other sports are bad.

Your right. NDSU is so bad at other sports that they got a 12 seed in the dance and win a game... And the softball team (I'm not big in women's sports) won against multiple rated teams.

Pity you guys couldn't snag anything meaningful like a championship to go with that... ;)

I would definitely take a championship over beating your rival, so yeah that 6-0 is mute compared to NDSU's win over Oklahoma and a football title. We are just showing you guys that UND isn't far behind NDSU like your media guys said back in 2008 when we moved up. I know you guys are flattered to use you as a benchmark, but its nice to take that observation and stick it in their face.

Your right. NDSU is so bad at other sports that they got a 12 seed in the dance and win a game... And the softball team (I'm not big in women's sports) won against multiple rated teams.

Well NDSU's women athletics are an embarrassment, so it's understandable. How did the 2013 UND-NDSU men's basketball game go again?

Well NDSU's women athletics are an embarrassment, so it's understandable. How did the 2013 UND-NDSU men's basketball game go again?

All they and I remember is Saul Philips celebrating a first round win in the tournament. The head to head game was early in the year and our team failed down the stretch. That argument is pretty flaky.

Only thing I remember from basketball season is my boys winning the tourney.... And then beating Oklahoma in the dance..

What do you remember.... Another rough season but you beat NDSU so that's neat.

Only thing I remember from basketball season is my boys winning the tourney.... And then beating Oklahoma in the dance..

What do you remember.... Another rough season but you beat NDSU do that's neat.

I would've rather had UND gone to the dance then beat the Bison.

Big Sky Conference was a better league than the Summit league due to Weber State; therefore, UND probably would've made the tourney if they would've been in the Summit. And how is finishing second in the conference a "rough season"? You've lost your mind.

I remember UND finishing 2nd in the Big Sky and playing in the conference championship game. And yes, I remember being at the game when UND beat the Aggies.

Oh look at that. Dump truck/GF hockey and the bizon boys ruined another thread. Go figure.

Can we please boot these trolls and get back to discussing future football schedules?

• Upvote 1

Big Sky Conference was a better league than the Summit league due to Weber State; therefore, UND probably would've made the tourney if they would've been in the Summit. And how is finishing second in the conference a "rough season"? You've lost your mind.

What was UND's record? Weber was so good that they got a 16 seed.

Proves you know nothing about sports. Womens softball when to nationals, Womens track had 6 go to Nationals. I'm predicting that you'll regain your last place finish in the BSC next year.

Who cares? You got your ass kicked wire to wire by UND by what, 18 points? Weber would have DESTROYED your bball team. DESTROYED.

Mind explaining why Weber got a 16 seed if they were so much better than a 12 seed that actually won a game in the tourney?

And while your at it.... Feel free to explain how Southern Utah beat UND? Lulz.

Proves you know nothing about sports. Womens softball when to nationals, Womens track had 6 go to Nationals. I'm predicting that you'll regain your last place finish in the BSC next year.

So you, Bison Dan -- the self-proclaimed sports expert who consistently demonstrates the insecurity of his loyalty on this website -- are declaring I know nothing about sports? That’s quite amusing.

I know head-to-head UND women’s athletics has done exceptionally well versus NDSU over the past few seasons. Other than that, I do not want to know anything more about NDSU women’s athletics. You may say that is an ignorant stance, but in all honesty, the accomplishments you just listed were quite petty and not worth noticing, and as such, they reinforce my point.

By spending time on this website and criticizing UND supporters, you are simply demonstrating your own lack of knowledge, ironically. Nearly every NDSU fan on this website resorts to personal attacks, and as the basics of debate state, that indicates nothing more than a lack of competence and ability to persist the argument.

In conclusion, you may notice I do not spend a significant amount of time on NDSU fan forums because, primarily, I do not feel it is necessary to defend UND athletics. The history and present stature of University of North Dakota athletics implicitly does that for me. On the other hand, NDSU supporters apparently feel they need to take an active stance in terms of defense.

• Upvote 2

Mind explaining why Weber got a 16 seed if they were so much better than a 12 seed that actually won a game in the tourney?

And while your at it.... Feel free to explain how Southern Utah beat UND? Lulz.

http://www.grandfork...spring-meetings

As the above article states, Weber State was a 16 seed not because they were a bad team, but because they had a low RPI. An RPI is largely based on scheduling, particularly at the mid- to low-major level of DI NCAA basketball. Weber State was a very good basketball team, that also would have beat Oklahoma. The issue with Weber State, and rest of the Big Sky Conference, is that very little out-of-conference scheduling happens with other mid-majors. In fact, most of the scheduling is done with money games (big programs) and DII teams. UND has itself been guilty of this in terms of scheduling. If the Big Sky would schedule more DI mid-majors, they would allow their RPI to rise, both team-wise and conference-wise. For example, UND played Presentation College and Minnesota Morris last season. By playing only one of those games and subbing in another DI game, the chance for a greater RPI is now present. Nearly all of UND’s DI wins came from the Big Sky Conference, just as many Big Sky teams relied on in order to acquire DI wins. That is a recipe for disaster when trying to produce the best RPI possible. Doug Fullerton and the Big Sky are looking at ways to improve this scheduling dilemma.

As for Weber State and their No. 16 seed ranking, they were way better than that. They would have beat NDSU, possibly quite handily. They lost to No. 1 Arizona by only 9 points.

Please take the basketball discussion to the basketball board and out of the football scheduling thread. I don't even mind the constant back-and-forth between the two fan bases, just like to see it stick to where it needs to be. Could a mod possibly split this debate off into one of the basketball threads?

So you, Bison Dan -- the self-proclaimed sports expert who consistently demonstrates the insecurity of his loyalty on this website -- are declaring I know nothing about sports? That’s quite amusing.

I know head-to-head UND women’s athletics has done exceptionally well versus NDSU over the past few seasons. Other than that, I do not want to know anything more about NDSU women’s athletics. You may say that is an ignorant stance, but in all honesty, the accomplishments you just listed were quite petty and not worth noticing, and as such, they reinforce my point.

By spending time on this website and criticizing UND supporters, you are simply demonstrating your own lack of knowledge, ironically. Nearly every NDSU fan on this website resorts to personal attacks, and as the basics of debate state, that indicates nothing more than a lack of competence and ability to persist the argument.

In conclusion, you may notice I do not spend a significant amount of time on NDSU fan forums because, primarily, I do not feel it is necessary to defend UND athletics. The history and present stature of University of North Dakota athletics implicitly does that for me. On the other hand, NDSU supporters apparently feel they need to take an active stance in terms of defense.

Please excuse Dan, UND is taking a backseat in discussion on BV right now, they are all over Lakes' (El Chapo) idea of making NDSU part of the Mountain West. So with no UND discussion the trolls need to come here and stir up the pot.