SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Please excuse Dan, UND is taking a backseat in discussion on BV right now, they are all over Lakes' (El Chapo) idea of making NDSU part of the Mountain West. So with no UND discussion the trolls need to come here and stir up the pot.

My favorite online paper is the Jamestown Sun.

It is a fine, fine paper. :whistling:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized UND doesn't play the big 2 teams in conference play in 2016, no Montana, and no Eastern Washington, maybe that could be the year UND challenges for a conference title.

Home vs Cal Poly, SUU, Weber St, NAU.....Away at Montana St, Sac St, Idaho St, UNC

OOC @ Stony Brook, Bowling Green; vs South Dakota

2016..PLAYOFFS!!!

• Upvote 1

I just realized UND doesn't play the big 2 teams in conference play in 2016, no Montana, and no Eastern Washington, maybe that could be the year UND challenges for a conference title.

Home vs Cal Poly, SUU, Weber St, NAU.....Away at Montana St, Sac St, Idaho St, UNC

2016..PLAYOFFS!!!

Sounds good to me! We'll be in good shape that year roster-wise too

2016..PLAYOFFS!!!

This actually worries me when people start thinking we can only win a conference title or make the playoffs by avoiding the big guys. If we aren't good enough to knock off teams like EWU and UM, we are going to get pounded in the playoffs and probably don't deserve to be there. I'd like to think we can take on all who come.

I know you meant well, but we can't be ducking the competition and thinking this will help us.

• Upvote 2

This actually worries me when people start thinking we can only win a conference title or make the playoffs by avoiding the big guys. If we aren't good enough to knock off teams like EWU and UM, we are going to get pounded in the playoffs and probably don't deserve to be there. I'd like to think we can take on all who come.

I know you meant well, but we can't be ducking the competition and thinking this will help us.

I see your point.

This is how I feel. To play devils advocate though; perhaps a watered down schedule aided inaugural playoff appearance would provide the necessary momentum to get the players we need to beat the big boys.

• Upvote 3

This is how I feel. To play devils advocate though; perhaps a watered down schedule aided inaugural playoff appearance would provide the necessary momentum to get the players we need to beat the big boys.

And give the players we have the confidence to beat the big boys....

• 3 weeks later...

UND home and home against UNI??

Twitter conversation with Dom Izzo and UNI AD

#UND possibly Sept.19th? RT@UNIPantherAD Close to finalizing 2015 FB schedule with a home/home series with a Big Sky opponent. -Izzo

@DomIzzoWDAY No...our UND scheduling hasnt gotten beyond hoops just yet. Would be a great series though - UNI AD Troy Dannen

I would love to see UNI come to the Alerus. I still remember the 2006 35-31 upset of UNI at their dome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball 42m42 minutes ago

Hearing a home & home with a top tier #FCS program is potentially in the works for @UNDfootball. #ThinkOffense

I would guess Sam Houston.  their offense against our defense.  this would be fun to watch.

%GOBC calling it the same on Twitter after reading your guess. That guy's one original thought after another. 

• Upvote 1

UND home and home against UNI??

I would love to see UNI come to the Alerus. I still remember the 2006 35-31 upset of UNI at their dome.

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball 42m42 minutes ago

Hearing a home & home with a top tier #FCS program is potentially in the works for @UNDfootball. #ThinkOffense

I would guess Sam Houston.  their offense against our defense.  this would be fun to watch.

maybe something came together with UNI in the last 6 weeks?

• 2 months later...

Since next year's schedule is full (5 home 6 road), 2017 has one slot open and we have 4 home games, who would you like to see UND get a home game with? I would like to see UND give Dale Lennon a home reunion and host SIU. Studsrud would be a senior and would make for a good matchup, and also a possible Potato Bowl game.

Since next year's schedule is full (5 home 6 road), 2017 has one slot open and we have 4 home games, who would you like to see UND get a home game with? I would like to see UND give Dale Lennon a home reunion and host SIU. Studsrud would be a senior and would make for a good matchup, and also a possible Potato Bowl game.

SIU would likely require a home/home. With USD and Utah on the schedule, guessing you're going to see a one-time money game along the lines of Drake, Valpo, Robert Morris, etc.

For starters it has to be a D1 team. We are seeing some of the bubble teams this year with D2 wins on their schedule on the verge of missing the playoffs.

I always thought it would be cool to bring in a team that also plays D1 hockey: UNH, Maine, Colgate, etc. 

100% on the money!!!  No DII, NAIA teams at all. There are lots of chances with our open slots in 2018 and 2019 to do a home and home with the home game in GF in 2017 and a road game in 2018 or 2019 (although in 2019 we have no FBS game scheduled and have a road game already with NDSU). Maybe another round with SDSU since its a cheap trip.

• Upvote 1

SIU would likely require a home/home. With USD and Utah on the schedule, guessing you're going to see a one-time money game along the lines of Drake, Valpo, Robert Morris, etc.

We played SIU when we first moved up I thought for sure more games with them would occur but didn't. Whomever we play just make it DI, the types of Drake, and Valpo would work too.