SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Maybe we'll find an FBS game to buy out the NDSU game! :p

Wouldn't THAT ruffle a few feathers down in Imperial Cass County! ;)

I know it is in jest but considering the buyout for UND to back out is $250,000, I don't think it will be happening.

I also am very curious to see what happens to this game if UND were to perhaps be in the MVFC at this time? NDSU would rightfully be upset because they aren't going to get a home game for anywhere near that price ($140,000). Would they play twice?

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I know it is in jest but considering the buyout for UND to back out is $250,000, I don't think it will be happening.

I also am very curious to see what happens to this game if UND were to perhaps be in the MVFC at this time? NDSU would rightfully be upset because they aren't going to get a home game for anywhere near that price ($140,000). Would they play twice?

They would most likely schedule that game in as the conference game, maybe even moving the date a week or two. MVFC would get involved.

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Wtf.  We agreed to a buyout nearly double what they're paying us to go there?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

They would most likely schedule that game in as the conference game, maybe even moving the date a week or two. MVFC would get involved.

While I agree that would be the simple solution, I also think that NDSU would have a legitimate beef losing a cheap OOC game. Something would (is) likely being figured out with the discussions before UND would be formally invited to join. Due to cost, UND obviously wouldn't want to be seen as the ones "walking away" from the game. Without seeing the contract, it could be possible that there is some sort of clause in it that addressed the possibility of the two being in the same conference.

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Wtf.  We agreed to a buyout nearly double what they're paying us to go there?

Yes, was announced when the games were announced and there was rightful anger about it then as well. Another one of the crazy thing GT threw in while moving the goalposts again, thinking the offer wasn't going to be accepted. He (and most others) underestimated Bubba's determination to play the game again.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Play it as a non conference game.  Wouldn't be the first time teams have done stuff like that I'd guess. 

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Play it as a non conference game.  Wouldn't be the first time teams have done stuff like that I'd guess. 

That could happen, but I think it wouldn't happen here. When we opened The Raplh in 2001, we played the goofs in the 1st game in the season and is was a OOC game. We were both in the WCHA.

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

UND played Montana in 2013 as an OOC game on the back end of a home and home (first game was in 2010). We ended up with 3 home games in a row against them 2 conference and 1 OOC game.

I think the bigger difference would be the possibility of playing them twice in one year because you would guess that the conference would make sure that game is on the schedule every year. Maybe they make an exception in what would likely be the first year UND would possibly be playing a MVFC schedule. All hypotheticals at this point I guess. 

17 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Since no one will be playing in the 2019 game that played in the 2015 game that should be a great matchup. I wonder who the QB's would be?

Pure educated guess, but for UND I'd speculate ... Andrew Zimmerman or Brock Boltmann. In 2019 Zimmerman will be a senior and Boltmann a sophomore. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pure educated guess, but for UND I'd speculate ... Andrew Zimmerman or Brock Boltmann. In 2019 Zimmerman will be a senior and Boltmann a sophomore. 

Is boltman going to end up being a QB at UND? Watched him play a couple times this year and was very impressed, but kept thinking he would be a much better fit as a safety at the college level. I'm sure the coaches will get it right.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Is boltman going to end up being a QB at UND? Watched him play a couple times this year and was very impressed, but kept thinking he would be a much better fit as a safety at the college level. I'm sure the coaches will get it right.

He looked good at safety in the MN all star game. We need him at qb though. We have 0 depth there.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nice to know we have secured FBS games well into the future. I like having Iowa State in Ames, Iowa, on a future schedule. 

I am glad the Big 12 doesn't follow the FCS ban like the Big 10. They were afraid of the ass kicking their teams were getting.