SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

1. To the FBS and more specifically the P5 conferences FCS is not D-1 it is D-1AA.

2. FBS views FCS, with few if any exceptions, as at best a necessary evil when it comes to scheduling.

3. Everything to lose and very little to gain would be another way to describe the FBS towards FCS.

4. It is really no different with FCS vs D-2 or D-2 towards D-3.

5. Until a D-1 program chooses to elevate its' FCS football program to FBS, that will remain a stark reality.

1. To the FBS and more specifically the P5 conferences FCS is not D-1 it is D-1AA.

2. FBS views FCS, with few if any exceptions, as at best a necessary evil when it comes to scheduling.

3. Everything to lose and very little to gain would be another way to describe the FBS towards FCS.

4. It is really no different with FCS vs D-2 or D-2 towards D-3.

5. Until a D-1 program chooses to elevate its' FCS football program to FBS, that will remain a stark reality.

While FBS looks down on FCS until one or both of the following changes, for the most part, the games will continue: 1)They can pay significantly less (50%+) than they'd pay a low-tier FBS team for a guarantee game and 2) One win against FCS a year is allowed to count towards their bowl game total which is a big team for some mid-level teams.

While FBS looks down on FCS until one or both of the following changes, for the most part, the games will continue: 1)They can pay significantly less (50%+) than they'd pay a low-tier FBS team for a guarantee game and 2) One win against FCS a year is allowed to count towards their bowl game total which is a big team for some mid-level teams.

Correct, but FBS doesn't like to lose any of those games one bit. Eastern Washington over Oregon State and NDSU over Kansas State had to be especially painful for a lot of folks!

Timely article

In total, Big Ten teams will shell out $22,868,246 for those 38 home games in 2014 -- an average of roughly $601,796 per game. The cost for the type of guarantees against Football Bowl Subdivision mid-major teams that don't require a return visit is significantly higher, with Big Ten teams paying an average of $827,838 on 17 games.

The Big Ten, in essence, is facing a self-inflicted double penalty based on its decision not to play FCS teams. Though FCS opponents are plentiful, they also command far less money on the guarantee game market. Big Ten teams will pay an average of about $438,181 for 11 home games against FCS teams in 2014 -- roughly $389,657 less than the cost of a one-time FBS game guarantee. Last year, 10 Big Ten teams paid an average of $494,500 per home game against an FCS opponent, based on contracts obtained by FOXSportsWisconsin.com.

The NCHC is made up of schools that play great hockey, but nobody can ever tell me that UND's two greatest traditional hockey rivalries weren't Minnesota and Wisconsin. Games will sporadically continue, but unless all three are in the same league it will never quite be the same. :crazy:

What's your point? Not relavent to the posts above.

Spell check, spell check, and one more time for effect. Do you even know which word is misspelled? You bring shame to the word NODAK! :)

Your grammar is far from impeccable, so please stop. You are killing all the threads with your frivolous crap.

• Upvote 1

Your grammar is far from impeccable, so please stop. You are killing all the threads with your frivolous crap.

Why bulk truck hasn't been banned yet is beyond me. He/she is the definition of a troll. Doesn't post on topic and is only here to stir the pot.

• Upvote 2

Since NDSU will never sign with UND I wonder if Faison will work the phones this offseason to fill the 2015, 2017 spots. We just need 1 home and home for those dates, then UND's schedule is done until 2018.

Never is always a very strong word, as the saying goes "Never say never"!

How about this Since NDSU won't sign with UND. Is that better?

I believe they signed agreements on baseball, basketball M&W, volleyball, soccer, and they have competed in golf tourneys, track meets, cross country meets and will probably compete in softball down the road. UND won most if not all last season. Also you don't capitalize since in the middle of a sentence. That's only a mistake a Minnesota grad would make. Personally I don't think there is much that you could do better that I would be satisfied with, but there is always hope! :bigsmile:

I believe they signed agreements on baseball, basketball M&W, volleyball, soccer, and they have competed in golf tourneys, track meets, cross country meets and will probably compete in softball down the road. UND won most if not all last season. Also you don't capitalize since in the middle of a sentence. That's only a mistake a Minnesota grad would make. Personally I don't think there is much that you could do better that I would be satisfied with, but there is always hope! :bigsmile:

I did that as to repeat my original post. Anyway to exit English 101 and return to football, Gene Taylor won't give up a home game to UND, and he feels the games in an 11 game season will always need to be in Fargo. Plus he is still pissy over something that happened in 2003 and since he can't stick it to Roger Thomas and Kuppy, he feels the need to stick it to Kelley and Faison who have nothing to do with that. GT is a douche and UND needs to fill those years with anyone else. They scheduled a h/h with South Dakota and South Dakota State they can fill a h/h with anyone. NDSU's motto anyone, anywhere is anyone but UND and anywhere as long as its in Fargo. UND's motto is anyone, anywhere.

• Upvote 1