SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Regarding Mississippi Valley, it is what it is.  Sometimes you have to "buy" a game, and schools like this are what are for sale.  You can't always make home-and-homes work out.  It's a DI game, and that does count for something once playoff selection time comes around since we voluntarily are forfeiting access to an autobid for two seasons.  UND doesnt' really "buy" games all that often in recent years, but I don't think it is a coincidence that we bought Mississippi Valley and Drake for the two seasons that we are officially independent.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the B1G was moving away from games against FCS for CFP resume-building purposes? Am I remembering this wrong? Does anyone know the rest of that story? At any rate, this is happening and I'm excited.  My wife and I lived in Omaha for 4 years and this might be an opportunity to visit the area again.

59 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Nebraska it is ... 2022 and 2026

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Quincheezmo said:

I thought the B1G was moving away from games against FCS for CFP resume-building purposes? Am I remembering this wrong? Does anyone know the rest of that story? At any rate, this is happening and I'm excited.  My wife and I lived in Omaha for 4 years and this might be an opportunity to visit the area again.

Teams were complaining about the new 9 game conference schedule and having to buy 3 home games the years where they only have 4 conference home games. To help with that, they are allowing B1G schools to schedule FCS games in the years they have 4 home/5 away conference games. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

Yeah I hope so too. I am definitely not making the trip out there next season. I will make the Utah State and Kansas State games. Might have a chance in those if we improve.

1 minute ago, TRex said:

So what's the paycheck for the NE game?   It better be huge or it's not worth it IMO.   We get a beatdown and get injuries (there's that word again) then there goes the season.

$515,000 for game 1 and $560,000 for game 2....I'd say it's worth it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Unfortunately, when the game was scheduled in June 2013, Washington was no where near the power that it has been the last several years. Prior to signing, they had come off of three mediocre 7-6 seasons and were 0-12 two years prior to that. I doubt that Faison envisioned that UND will be playing the power that they will see next year.

52 minutes ago, cpa_guy said:

Unfortunately, when the game was scheduled in June 2013, Washington was no where near the power that it has been the last several years. Prior to signing, they had come off of three mediocre 7-6 seasons and were 0-12 two years prior to that. I doubt that Faison envisioned that UND will be playing the power that they will see next year.

Time to pull an App State on them.:D

3 hours ago, cpa_guy said:

Another item in which SU kicks our a$$ in.  They  magically get teams heading into their crappiest year in school history, more times than not, and we schedule a peaking Washington.  Even Utah turned into a horrible match up the year we schedule them.  In previous years they were run heavy, very vanilla, then in 1 year they grab Eastern' s OC, start a Florida high school player of the year at QB, and add Oregon's best wide out.  All sucks!!

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Another item in which SU kicks our a$$ in.  They  magically get teams heading into their crappiest year in school history, more times than not, and we schedule a peaking Washington.  Even Utah turned into a horrible match up the year we schedule them.  In previous years they were run heavy, , very vsnilla, then in 1 year they grab Eastern' s OC, start a Florida high school player of the year at QB, and add Oregon's best wide out.  All sucks!!

I hope Oregon and U of A smash them!  I'm not sold on Colorado.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

With how things go with us and FBS opponents their new coach will resurrect the program and they will win a national title in 2022.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Another item in which SU kicks our a$$ in.  They  magically get teams heading into their crappiest year in school history, more times than not, and we schedule a peaking Washington.  Even Utah turned into a horrible match up the year we schedule them.  In previous years they were run heavy, very vanilla, then in 1 year they grab Eastern' s OC, start a Florida high school player of the year at QB, and add Oregon's best wide out.  All sucks!!

Do you think if you post isomething it makes it fact? Does it make you feel better about your team to downplay NDSU's accomplishments? NDSU beat a #13 ranked Iowa team that went 8-4 And went to the Outback Bowl coming off of a Big 10 Championship year and and an 8-4 Kansas State team coming off of a Big 12 Championship. When you sign these contracts years in advance, you don't know what kind of team you are going to face.