SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

I guess if the powers-that-be got permission to use the exact same logo as the FXFL team, I guess it'd be ok.

Just playing with you.... I know where you were going with that.

I have really warmed up to either Rough Riders, Wranglers or Cowboys..........the potential graphic logo design for those could be pretty cool.  Plus it is a 180 from anything NA.

Just playing with you.... i know where you were going with that.

I have really warmed up to either Rough Riders, Wranglers or Cowboys..........the potential graphic logo design for those could be pretty cool. Plus it is a 180 from anything NA.

I really like the old USFL Arizona Wranglers and Oklahoma Outlaws logos...

The UND Arrows idea didn't "fly" real well overall with the masses.  How about using the same Arrow logo with

UNDarrow3.jpg

University of North Dakota Fighting Nords.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord

Nord is French, Italian, Danish and Catalan for north.

Obviously folks can pervert Nords to Nerds, but as someone already mentioned you can probably pervert any name chosen.

The UND Arrows idea didn't "fly" real well overall with the masses. How about using the same Arrow logo with

UNDarrow3.jpg

University of North Dakota Fighting Nords.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord

Obviously folks can pervert Nords to Nerds, but as someone already mentioned you can probably pervert any name chosen.

I thought Nord was like a Viking but that's Nordic. Has a little potential but people wouldn't know what a Nord is compared to an arrow.

Okay I can almost guarantee this idea has been suggested because just about every name on the planet has been, and some not from this planet. But what about ......

The North Dakota Brave

I am not talking about Braves with an S, just Brave as in "And the home of the Brave." This connects to the air force base, it connects to our immigrant heritage (as in braving the winter), it's possibly unique (I know someone will check), there is a subtle reference to the local Native American heritage but not directly and we would no longer get criticized for shouting our name at the end of the national anthem. Plus it lends itself to lots of logo possibilities. . 

Tear away....

• Upvote 1

Okay I can almost guarantee this idea has been suggested because just about every name on the planet has been, and some not from this planet. But what about ......

The North Dakota Brave

I am not talking about Braves with an S, just Brave as in "And the home of the Brave." This connects to the air force base, it connects to our immigrant heritage (as in braving the winter), it's possibly unique (I know someone will check), there is a subtle reference to the local Native American heritage but not directly and we would no longer get criticized for shouting our name at the end of the national anthem. Plus it lends itself to lots of logo possibilities. .

Tear away....

Better than most ideas thrown out so far.